Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please improve Titania casting speed

TeaHawk

I've been playing Titania for quite a while now. I've noticed that her ability casting is overall horrible.

You get often stunned/staggered/killed/whatsoever else while trying to cas 1st/2nd/3d on enemies. Natural Talent is not a QoF mod anymore. On Titania it becomes almost mandatory. And this is quite underwhelming for a non-tanky agile frame as Titania. There's no reason for her abilities to slow you down and to totally stop you from moving. It makes Titania slow and unreliable while casting. Two-handed slow casting might be viable on tanky frames. However putting these restrictions on Titania makes her extremely vulnerable. That does not make any sense.

Please reduce her overall casting time and make 2nd ability one-handed action. Otherwise it makes a lot of players waste a mod slot for Natural Talent. Without this mod using her full arsenal of abilities becomes a real pain.

Edited by TeaHawk
  • Like 9

Reminds me of when I tried to play her as a full on caster, without using her 4. This was before you could even choose what tribute you got. Casting while aimgliding, or sliding was a must, even with both cast speed mods. 

There's another thing that I found lacking, a sort of regeneration that would feel very welcome to her spellbind: when cast on self and allies it provides status resistance. Why not add some regeneration to it too? 

And lantern... It used to be you could mesmerize entire rooms, I loved doing that, as it really made the cast time worth it. And then for some reason it started only working on a fixed number of enemies, like Vauban's Bastille. Is that still the case? 

Edited by Sunai_Moonswing
  • Like 1

Please reduce her overall casting time and make 2nd ability one-handed action. Otherwise it makes a lot of players waste a mod slot for Natural Talent. Without this mod using her full arsenal of abilities becomes a real pain.

I'm not liking this new selection mechanism.  There should be a way to preselect on-the-move then cast with a tap.   I've never used natural talent before and never really missed it.  But the delays in casting the tribute are a problem.

1 hour ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

And lantern... It used to be you could mesmerize entire rooms, I loved doing that, as it really made the cast time worth it. And then for some reason it started only working on a fixed number of enemies, like Vauban's Bastille. Is that still the case? 

Not that I'm aware of, but has been a couple of months since I've used her seriously.  I think the change you might be thinking of is the requirement for line-of-sight to the lantern.  If something's viewing angle is blocked, or they're not looking at it, they don't get mesmerized.  High +Range helps too.

Will have to fire her up again soon to get a feel for the new Titania to give better hands-on-feedback.  (I've just been enjoying Pistol-Garuda too much lately.  🙂

Maybe once I get used to it, the selector wheel won't annoy me as much.

2 hours ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

Previously, the Lantern hypnotized through walls, but then it got a nerf along with Mirage 4. Lantern now has an unlimited number of targets that it can hypnotize, but it has a bug due to which opponents will shoot at you, but still continue to move towards the Lantern. Plus, any hummock on the ground can completely neutralize the effect.

Edited by zhellon

As someone who enjoys Titania and the gameplay she offers, I really have to disagree with OP,and the like. I frequently use all her abilities (save for tribute now bc its busted as all hell right now),and I find that while is Razor Wing her innate 50% aversion grants you ample time to cast Lantern, which in turn makes other abilities that much easier to cast and use.

On 2020-04-06 at 12:38 PM, Krenlik said:

Will have to fire her up again soon to get a feel for the new Titania to give better hands-on-feedback.  (I've just been enjoying Pistol-Garuda too much lately.  🙂

Maybe once I get used to it, the selector wheel won't annoy me as much.

Don't yet have titania prime, but brought her out for some solo work to get used to the new controls, and try out some of my new arcanes.   It's working very well.   Pretty happy just with base titania (heavy forma'd 🙂 )  Did swap out the cycling controls though, as the tap to cast is just better when you're in a firefight and it's more like what I'm used to from before.

Didn't specifically test tribute in a scientific sense, but the thread link'd above claims they're all working again.)