The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

After Scarlet Spear ends, delete the RNG of eidolon arcanes. Give us a quills store to trade our "eidolon points" for the actual arcanes we wish for. And stop timegating everything.

Lioneriod

I don't know if you all realize how much more trivial DE has made Warframe over the last few years. RNG aside, things implemented to make the game and things more obtainable for the casual novice players that make the game easier to play and to sustain your Warframe during a mission. 

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK

An easy way to do this is add all the arcanes to the quills offerings for standing once scarlet spear is over. Since it uses sentient cores as currency you get more and better cores from the bigger eidolones you fight i.e. scaling rewards. Plus you can farm regular sentient for cores for progress i.e. much slower.

• Like 2

I know this isn't going to happen, but I'm going to throw my voice behind it anyway. Yes, please. Screw RNG, give me a vendor who sells Arcanes for tokens earned from defeating Eidolons. For all the issues I have with Scarlet Spear, its use of a deterministic vendor is a godsend. Even if the event itself is slow, grindy and offers very little new content, the grind is still more tolerable knowing that every mission brings me closer to my target AND telling me precisely how close I am. I'm always going to pick vendors over RNG drops.

And yeah - pointless as it might be to suggest it, I still say "Please stop timegating stuff."

• Like 3

On 2020-04-12 at 11:37 AM, Xaero said:

I'd be happy to get rid of all RNG since I almost never sell anything to other players and buy plat with real money.

Completely agree with this.

At times I find myself wondering: "Do I waste the 30mins to an hour trying to sell stuff for plat. Or do I spend that time playing the RNG machine in hopes I get what I want?"

Most times I RNG it but sometimes the frustration pushes me to play the market game of trying to figure out what I can sell, for how much, then going through 3rd party channels to sell, waiting for interested parties to message me and meeting up with random strangers for the actual sale.

If they really want to push this angle, they give us an auction house already. Save me time from using outside sources and having to be in game and in person to make any sale/trade. That why I can play the damn RNG slot machine a few more times cause daddy is feeling lucky today!

tenor.gif?itemid=8225039

• Like 2

By the way, another of the many many many failures of Spear is that if you don't catch it at juuuuust the right time, you're either not going to be able to find a squad, theres no way that the mission will be completed, or it's too late to join because all the murex have been driven away.... Meaning you have to dedicate a lot of time not just to the event, but just finding an event that's worth #*!%ing joining.

Who designed this entire system? Find another role for them in the company.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-17 at 6:46 AM, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff said:

My dude, you are a legend for suggesting this. DE needs to be held accountable for their mistakes, this arcane grind in Scarlet Spear is by far the biggest blunder yet on their part. They might as well submit willingly for making such an egregious error, the arcane market is ruined after all. 

What? How? This is the quickest and greatest method of transaction for something like arcanes. Screw the market! I want arcanes to use them. I could care less about anyone's greedy business practices or market woes inside a game. What's the option here: Work well with a squad or two for an hour, hit 70 murexs and gain over 16,000 scarlet credits that could buy a ton of arcanes that I exactly want. Why on earth would that ever be an issue? IMO, it's way too easy to max out all of the arcanes over a weekend. 

41 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

What? How? This is the quickest and greatest method of transaction for something like arcanes. Screw the market! I want arcanes to use them. I could care less about anyone's greedy business practices or market woes inside a game. What's the option here: Work well with a squad or two for an hour, hit 70 murexs and gain over 16,000 scarlet credits that could buy a ton of arcanes that I exactly want. Why on earth would that ever be an issue? IMO, it's way too easy to max out all of the arcanes over a weekend. 

We both know that as soon at this event is done, DE won't be improving arcane grind whatsoever unless pressured by the entire community. With as slow as the Tridolon grind is, the only feasible method for arcane grinding would be to make Scarlet Spear a returning event, with obvious improvements to the functionality of said event.

Agreed wholesale. Eidolon hunting in general needs to be looked at once more (there are still a lot of bugs, including progression-stoppers, and a lot of awful mechanics, including the entirety of Eidolon Lures), but if nothing else, after Scarlet Spear there is no real reason arcanes should continue to only be obtainable through random drops.