Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear Feedback

(PSN)Hikuro-93

Hello! After playing Scarlet Spear extensively I feel like I can already form a solid opinion on it. Granted, a different one from most I see. It's not perfect, but pretty much near it if I put bugs aside.

I love Scarlet Spear. I think it was well implemented and does its job very well, from squad link (a feature I didn't have much faith in, pre release) to the relation between effort invested, rewards received and ability to choose such rewards.

I see plenty of people doing ground missions despite them rewarding less, and more often than not people will just join whatever side of the Flotilla needs numbers. Which feels great in terms of a sense of community. The missions are not too hard, even though I am a veteran, so I may be a bit biased there. And as for rewards I find it quite easy to get my arcanes back to max rank.

One thing I think should improve is the different SS points rewarded between ground and murex. I get that DE are pretty much the gods of warframe, virtual universe that it is, and that their word tends to be law and they know best and all that. But please, don't force what doesn't need to be forced. Rewards should be equal between ground and murex. Even if not everyone likes Railjack (which I do) those who like it will focus on the murex and those who don't can fight condrixes to their heart's content. No feel of innefficiency. Furthermore, at least for me, the very fact that I'm getting more intrinsics than ever and in battle is more than enough incentive for me to rid those murex. I disdained the previous Ivara intrinsics farm, and now, in a natural way, I can still get my intrinsics to R10.

As a small disclaimer, yes I know I got the better version of Scarlet Spear, being a console player and all. Which is why I'm evaluating it based on what it's supposed to be and what it is currently, rather than what it first released as. Keep well, everyone!

That's pretty much it for me. Keep it going, DE! 

public morals cheers GIF

• Like 3

My only dislike is that the Railjack is more a Tugboat than a combat ship.

The best way to do the Railjack side of this event is to do nothing but park the Railjack in an unshootable area, like there is no point in having the ship geared up for anything other than maximum overdrive because fighting enemies in the Railjack is strictly a waste of time when they can rather be ignored.

• Like 1

Assuming maximum efficiency, Space and Ground are pretty much the same in terms of credit rewards. Space is much better for the vast majority of people as Ground can only keep up in rewards with a proper setup. Space is marginally better though still, and obviously the intrinsics from Space make it more rewarding in general too.

With the missions being as different as they are, I don't think there's really a way for them to "equalise" the two runs.

My main issue with the rewards is that I think they're poorly scaled. You essentially have to stay the entire run to feel like you're getting a decent amount of credits. While I can run the ground mission in 20~25 minutes with my friends, sometimes I'd like to do some quick 10 minute runs and feel like I'm progressing/contributing. Scaling rewards to be better for those who stay longer is fine, but I think the gap is currently too large.

• Like 1

Biggest issue for me right now is the exact same issue as at the beginning...credits, more specific bonus credits

The current point structure per 'run' encourages 1 full set of space (or land) and then you move onto the next floatilla (DE even says this is 'intended') meaning it's actually been changed to be detrimental to getting bonus points because people just don't stay long enough in a floatilla to fully finish it and unless you get in really early in the 2 hours you often come out with bonus credits which is pretty poor considering the pricing for everything has been based around us getting bonus credits. 

• Like 1

I was quite sceptical about SS. But I must say I'm enjoying that.

I'm more casual player but this event took me a little deeper. I got my first instristics and RJ-mods, I even started running Simulacrum and was testing weapons against Sentients. Then I upgraded warframe/weapons/arcanes.

I'm playing both space/ground and I must say - ground rewarding is low. Also many lower-MR players are playing ground, it looks like they are more afraid of space mission. Yesterday, we killed 13 Condrixes in 42min yesterday which is too long. Getting half credits of Space missions and double the time (4times less efficient).

Edited by (PS4)shann_cz