Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Aerial attacks should work like Archwing's Melee

Zahnrad

One thing bothering me about the current Melee combat system is that we were told Aerial melee would open up more and allow you to use combos, kind of a half truth but I'm not too bothered by this. It seems incredibly difficult, espically in this event to hit enemies in the air with melee.

I propose that melee attacking airbourne enemies could instead benefit from Archwing's melee system and have you zip to and from enemies. Allowing you to stay airbourne with an airbourne target and make melee more useful while in the air.

Now the problem that comes from this is it is understandable you don't want players to endlessly stay in the air hitting an enemy to gain height. My solution is to simply have this air combo system use the wall latch/aim-glide duration.

This would even benefit Loki whose passive is a much longer and extended duration on his wall latch/aim-glide.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Archwing's melee system and have you zip to and from enemies.

I agree with this post, and would also add... dive kicks.

There is just no way to do tactful dive kicks. I'm not sure if hitting melee while dive kicking would be a good way to implement it, or if that should be reserved for something akin to a slide attack melee while aerial. Would love some way to actually use dive kicks in combat.

I wouldn’t mind that, but idk how intrusive it would feel. Might get in the way in some select situations. Honestly the main problem with aerial melee is, without auto target and the ability to change directions like on the ground, hitting an enemy is entirely down to making sure the hitbox of your weapon intersects with that of the enemy’s. Just being in range isn’t good enough, which is annoying. Simply making arieal attacks affect a spherical area around the player would be decent solution.

If something like this was implemented, I would rather it worked off a cool down, that allowed for a zip to air target melee only once every 30 seconds. That way it would avoid spam, but allow for well timed and placed hits alternated with gun play. 

That said they still need to fix Archwing melee being broken most of the time.

I can see this causing some problems. Especially if the game misjudges how much speed to give you to reach your target with the swing and you go either nowhere, or to space at light speed. Plus, the targeting. Oh boy the targeting would be fun to watch fail and target something completely off screen and yeet us all the way in some random direction for some enemy.

And yes, Archwing melee exists and it targets things. Problem is, Archwing melee stops you, and that's really stupid and shouldn't happen on ground, plus, half the time Archwing melee is just plain garbage at actually finding the target.

10 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I agree with this post, and would also add... dive kicks.

There is just no way to do tactful dive kicks. I'm not sure if hitting melee while dive kicking would be a good way to implement it, or if that should be reserved for something akin to a slide attack melee while aerial. Would love some way to actually use dive kicks in combat.

IIRC, you can do a slide mid jump into an enemy (or group) and knock them over.

Just now, (XB1)Furious Kaiser said:

IIRC, you can do a slide mid jump into an enemy (or group) and knock them over.

That is the method, surely.. but the execution leaves much to be desired. Try landing that. Furthermore, the fact that you're trying to recall if that's the method, is indicative of it being under utilized.

On 2020-04-15 at 8:37 PM, Zahnny said:

Melee Aerial attacks should work like Archwing's Melee

So it shouldn't? Because AW melee lock on has been broken for a long time.. unless I slept through a fix recently.