Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sheild Gating: The Best Thing

QUB1TO

Shield gating is the best thing that has ever happened to warframe in terms of general gameplay. SG allows diversity and opens many options for all contents in the game. It also makes exhausted players like me felt like being reborn because of this new mechanic that can lead to all sorts of things. Before somehow every content in the game revolves around only 3-4 warframes, and now because of this sg mechanic, new warframes can now compete with the meta warframes. 

Overall, shield gating is only positive, can't think of a negative. Please don't ever try to even think of removing it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, QUB1TO said:

Shield gating is the best thing that has ever happened to warframe in terms of general gameplay.

Its a good feature for sure, but this definitely isn't true 🙂

Parkour 2.0 which added bullets jumping, wall hopping, ect was good.

Damage 2.0 which added poison aswell as the combined elements was pretty important.

The removal of ability mods, making them not take up mod space was a big milestone.

And none of these big changing features were ever removed, so I don't think you need to worry about shield gating being removed.

6 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Its a good feature for sure, but this definitely isn't true 🙂

Parkour 2.0 which added bullets jumping, wall hopping, ect was good.

Damage 2.0 which added poison aswell as the combined elements was pretty important.

The removal of ability mods, making them not take up mod space was a big milestone.

And none of these big changing features were ever removed, so I don't think you need to worry about shield gating being removed.

You really like contradicting and proving a point right

46 minutes ago, QUB1TO said:

Shield gating is the best thing that has ever happened to warframe in terms of general gameplay. SG allows diversity and opens many options for all contents in the game. It also makes exhausted players like me felt like being reborn because of this new mechanic that can lead to all sorts of things. Before somehow every content in the game revolves around only 3-4 warframes, and now because of this sg mechanic, new warframes can now compete with the meta warframes. 

Overall, shield gating is only positive, can't think of a negative. Please don't ever try to even think of removing it. 

yeah, shield gating is glorious.

I like the enemy aiming changes too. No more autoaim bots for enemies 100+lvl

This opened the door for warframes that were considered too squishy to play without any enchancements.

To be honest, I feel like shield gating is too strong. If you manage it a little bit you can be completely be invincible and it almost remove the purpose of health, and it's even stronger when using one Augur mod.
So yeah, it's good but it make the game a bit too easy in my opinion.

Effects triggered when damaged (rage, arcane avenger, etc...) encourage you taking damage to your health, so it balance everything a little bit and encourage playing tanky warframes to use thoses, but shield gating remain the best survivability tool, and I don't think it's a good point when you don't need to invest mods to make it more effective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

To be honest, I feel like shield gating is too strong. If you manage it a little bit you can be completely be invincible and it almost remove the purpose of health, and it's even stronger when using one Augur mod.
So yeah, it's good but it make the game a bit too easy in my opinion.

Effects triggered when damaged (rage, arcane avenger, etc...) encourage you taking damage to your health, so it balance everything a little bit and encourage playing tanky warframes to use thoses, but shield gating remain the best survivability tool, and I don't think it's a good point when you don't need to invest mods to make it more effective.

There's certainly a couple frames that have this.

In general, however, I still agree with OP that it's a great change. At most, it could possibly do with stats associated with it (i.e. shield durability, shield gating durations, that sort), just to limit passive immortality.