Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich is the dumbest idea in any video game I've ever seen

TurkeyBender

I am not even quite sure why I am posting this because no DE employee will ever see this, but I am, or was, a newcomer to Warframe, really got into it over the last few months. I'm relatively bad at the game, only mastery rank 10, with a pretty decent Mesa Prime, but that's all I got to my name. I have trouble with most missions if I'm not playing with my friends who have been playing the game for years! But while I was doing a relic of some kind by myself, I somehow triggered a Kuva Lich to come after me. I am in no way prepared to do something like this, nor am I geared out to any capacity, and the way to get rid of it is a #*!%ing ridiculous rabbit hole of doing missions that are way out of my skill range, and if I chose to ignore this, then half the time I'm playing my S#&$s getting stolen, or he spawns in and 1 shots me until I run out of revives, and it's honestly the worst mechanic I've ever seen to any video game. I let a lot of things slide in this game, but this is truly the final straw.
1) I didn't want this to happen, nor can I do anything about it
2) DE has said previously numerous times that this is the "reworked" system, and that players who don't like it can just stop crying.
3) Who in their god forsaken minds decides to input a boss so difficult that allows low level players to somehow trigger it

Some people might get the impression that I'm just *@##$ing and crying for no reason, but for me, this was a wasted experience. I've put easily over 80+ hours in the game, just trying to build up my collection of stuff, haven't tried to beef myself out yet, and I'm now getting severely punished for it. That shouldn't happen. The new player experience in this game is just that: It doesn't exist. It shouldn't happen. I just thought you should know my 2 cents DE, because I can promise you, I'm not the only person whose uninstalling this game because of the stupidity of the Kuva Lich. Good luck with your sinking ship

Tl;dr
Kuva Lich tore my soul for this game out my chest, and I'm completely unequipped to deal with it. Uninstalling, would not recommend this game

• Like 18

I feel your pain with the removal of the abandon lich system. 

However you do have a few options.

1: Ignore the lich: 

If you ignore the lich, it won't do anything except take a very slim amount of resources if you are doing missions on a planet that the lich is on (I've been sitting on a lich for a few months now myself). Eventually, you will want to start liches and then you will get a nice tax return

2:Find a party or a friend to help you kill the lich:

If you are in a clan, I bet you could find a kind soul who is lich hunting to kill the lich. With Mesa P, you will have enough DPS to actually kill your lich with a bit of help.

REMEMBER the lich only can appear if you specifically choose a node he has control of. If you do not select a node he is on, then he wont actually appear ever. The only way you'll know he exists is the little message he sends when you log in.

• Like 7

If you started the liche, it's all because of you. If you don't know something, try to ask and get informations first, only then accept or start it.
Warframe has many bad points, even kuva liche can be improved by many ways, but actualy, what you've done is completely your fault.

Deal with it.
Ask help, check wiki, do what ever you wan't. There's no way to cancel a kuva liche, and there won't be any (not supposed to at least).

• Like 13

Well you know that to activate kuva liches you need to "kill" and parazon-ing him/her once right? Why do you think randomly pressing 'X' on strange enemies gonna do good? (yeah X, I'm a pc player)

No need to crying over spilt milk I guess, you just need others help to kill him/her and your thingies will back at once

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Ferliando said:

Well you know that to activate kuva liches you need to "kill" and parazon-ing him/her once right? Why do you think randomly pressing 'X' on strange enemies gonna do good? (yeah X, I'm a pc player)

Because it works like that for every single other enemy right now, sometimes X triggers and you, like, press it.

• Like 5

You guys really don’t understand that gamers have instinctive reflexes to take advantage of a downed enemy and kill them without much thought. So the idea that the game just throws the Kuva Lich at the player with no prior warning is BS.

Just saying “oh it’s creation is your fault because you should’ve been paying attention” only shows how ignorant you are.

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You guys really don’t understand that gamers have instinctive reflexes to take advantage of a downed enemy and kill them without much thought.

yeah the difference between a downed enemy and a kuva larving is that downed enemy that you can mercy kill dies 90% of the time before you get close to it, while the larving stays even with 0 hp

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So the idea that the game just throws the Kuva Lich at the player with no prior warning is BS.

"sukkjett found..." the game warns you with a dialoge and the enemy is highlithed there is enough warning

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Just saying “oh it’s creation is your fault because you should’ve been paying attention” only shows how ignorant you are.

no they are right, especciyl since he says he is a new player, if you new at a game you don't just do everything no matter what it is. If you haven't seen it before check it out what the hell it is not "just do it"

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You guys really don’t understand that gamers have instinctive reflexes to take advantage of a downed enemy and kill them without much thought. So the idea that the game just throws the Kuva Lich at the player with no prior warning is BS.

For real. I think it would have been better if it was just a short little introductory quest you had to do before unlocking liches. After that you can spawn liches the way we do now after your first one.

• Like 4

Just now, AltairFerenc said:

yeah the difference between a downed enemy and a kuva larving is that downed enemy that you can mercy kill dies 90% of the time before you get close to it, while the larving stays even with 0 hp

"sukkjett found..." the game warns you with a dialoge and the enemy is highlithed there is enough warning

no they are right, especciyl since he says he is a new player, if you new at a game you don't just do everything no matter what it is. If you haven't seen it before check it out what the hell it is not "just do it"

I got forced into a 4 hour grind for the Kuva seer all because I instinctively did a finisher on a Larva. I was trying to get Nukor. The game having a mechanic that actively punishes you for hours over one little mistake is BS.

Maybe you should go experience what that’s like before prancing around on your high horse.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You have that stalker light flickering, a Kuva guardian talking about "sukkjekkt found", and a big, red, icon on the larvling, how come someone can miss all three of those warnings?

• Like 14

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I got forced into a 4 hour grind for the Kuva seer all because I instinctively did a finisher on a Larva. I was trying to get Nukor. The game having a mechanic that actively punishes you for hours over one little mistake is BS.

Maybe you should go experience what that’s like before prancing around on your high horse.

I did that, I just came back from a year+ break, and guess what? when I heard "sukkjett found" I left the mission and checked what the actual f*ck is that. as well as spawned 2 liches(1 with karak, and 1 with twin stubbas) because I didn't know I can see the weapon if I don't stab it instaly and my 1st lich was alive for a month because I didn't cared and doing my seconds one a random guy told me if I don't stab them instaly I can see the weapon, and guess what murmur farm is not hard at all on public, even the lich fight aren't hard because they kill it for you "just stab it for the murmur" I'm on my 10th lich the first 2 was being a month long mistake and a 2 week long mistake.
Bold of you assuming people comment on things they didn't experienced.

Just now, 844448 said:

You have that stalker light flickering, a Kuva guardian talking about "sukkjekkt found", and a big, red, icon on the larvling, how come someone can miss all three of those warnings?

“Subject found” doesn’t tell you that killing the larva leads into a 5 hour grind.

the marking over the Larva also doesn’t tell you anything about it.

To the new player it’s just another enemy.

• Like 3

“Subject found” doesn’t tell you that killing the larva leads into a 5 hour grind.

the marking over the Larva also doesn’t tell you anything about it.

To the new player it’s just another enemy.

honestly if something that is higlighted and sits there with 0 hp even for a new player, it's very dumb assuming nothing gonna happen. I feel like it's sintesys targets all over again. That sh*t is out for years, yet a guy talking about it in the mission with highlits increased hp is not enough for both new and old players to assume you have to more than just killing it. 
Basic intelingece, if you see something new read after it not just do it. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Before it was just a 4 hour grind?
Will you go even higher with the numbers the more you post?
It's only that long if you want it to be that long. Or if you aren't well equiped. But if you aren't well equiped then you will make this mistake only once. Ever. If you do it more than once then you are the one to blame, not the game.
And again, as many others said, what's difficult about thinking before doing something? Someone said that this reasoning is ignorant. But at the same time it's ignorant to say you did everything because of reflexes. It's not that difficult to stop some made up reflex...

• Like 6

Just now, WhiteMarker said:

Before it was just a 4 hour grind?
Will you go even higher with the numbers the more you post?
It's only that long if you want it to be that long. Or if you aren't well equiped. But if you aren't well equiped then you will make this mistake only once. Ever. If you do it more than once then you are the one to blame, not the game.
And again, as many others said, what's difficult about thinking before doing something? Someone said that this reasoning is ignorant. But at the same time it's ignorant to say you did everything because of reflexes. It's not that difficult to stop some made up reflex...

It’s a 3-5 hour grind. It took me 4 hours on seer.

• Like 1

It’s a 3-5 hour grind. It took me 4 hours on seer.

Get a proper Mesa/Mesa Prime and trial and error it. Don't bother with murmurs.
Not even one hour is needed for the Lich to reach rank 5. Then it won't drop its enragement anymore and will spawn in almost every mission.
As I said, it's only that long if you want it to take that long, or if you don't have the equipment. And again, as I said before, if you don't have the equipment you will only get one Lich, and won't trigger that system again until you are prepared.

• Like 1

The Kuva Liches are not explained at all when you're a new player. You have no idea that this Kuva Larvling is going to spawn one for you, and you obviously just kill it as you would anything else.

You only learn of their existence when one is fully spawned. Naturally people who have been following the game the whole time will know about it in advance, but new players do not.

This one is a failing on DE.

• Like 6

Just now, (NSW)Matt-S said:

The Kuva Liches are not explained at all when you're a new player. You have no idea that this Kuva Larvling is going to spawn one for you, and you obviously just kill it as you would anything else.

But killing it isn't the same as other enemies. You have to mercy kill it. It has a special marker. Transmissions explain stuff to you before it spawns. 
There is a lot of things to it, that basically scream into your face that this thing is special.
If you are too ignorant to get some information on that matter BEFORE mindlessly mashing buttons, then all of that is on you.
If you get a new car, do you just press every button you see? Or do you get information on those buttons, eg reading the manual?

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Transmissions explain stuff to you before it spawns. 

No, it doesn't.

It signals to you that this is some sort of special enemy, but that's it. You will have no clue that it's going to be spawning a boss that will tax a % of your resources constantly until you go through the multi-hour grind to get rid of it. So naturally, you will experiment to find out what it is (as you should be doing in games!).

You should not have to look things up to know this. If it was something simple like it spawns a boss in the mission and then kills you, you'll be like "oh okay, guess I won't do that next time", but right now it leaves you with something somewhat major that is very difficult for new players that they cannot opt out of. Thankfully it can be ignored, but it can steal some relatively precious resources such as Rivens and Blueprints.

Edited by (NSW)Matt-S
  • Like 1

Yeah, they need to implement a Hold to kill the larva, a popup that show when you reach MR13 (this should be the lich cap) about liches (not a 2 pages text tutorial, maybe some pictures with short descriptions) to warn the newcomers about it. Maybe that would make it less problematic, i guess.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TurkeyBender said:

3) Who in their god forsaken minds decides to input a boss so difficult that allows low level players to somehow trigger it

I've had little problems with the lich, and I'm MR 9. Also, if they increased the MR cap it would result in people complaining about more MR gated content. Just ignore your lich rather than making an entire post and uninstalling the game because you messed up and now you have to blame it on DE because their system is "broken". 

• Like 1