The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Forma still absent in the PC Drop table

Unwavering

When Scarlet Spear started, the Umbra Forma was available in the Mature and Apex membroid. I can understand why is that; it would be a lot more common if it dropped on the event.
Now that Scarlet Spear is over on PC, I don't see a reason for them to not come back, because there should be a way available to get it for us without the Nightwave Intermissions.
Am I missing something?
It was a real motivation to do the anomalies when those were around.

It wasn't removed because of Scarlet Spear. 

"Removed Umbra Forma Blueprint from the Rare Crate drops due to a security issue. Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker will bring back Umbra Forma as a reward, and we are looking at more secure places to include it back into the droptable."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-05-01 at 7:58 AM, --Brandt-- said:

"Removed Umbra Forma Blueprint from the Rare Crate drops due to a security issue. Nightwave Series 3: Glassmaker will bring back Umbra Forma as a reward, and we are looking at more secure places to include it back into the droptable."

Give it to Little duck in fortuna and make it cost a tonne of anomaly shards. Fixed.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

Give it to Little duck in fortuna and make it cost a tonne of anomaly shards. Fixed.

And then power creep would get even worst as people abuse the fact that anomalies are up 100% of the time and can easily do long-sessions of mass farming and then easily cram 2-3 umbra forma on every warframe & melee weapon that they give a crap about and enjoy the chonky stat bonus they provide, especially since sacrificial steel is a integral part of almost every melee build cause of the huge crit bonus to sizable crit bases, even more so with the 2 set version.

Though warframe basically devolved into a power fantasy game, i would rather it not devolve way too much in certain directions where it starts becoming a norm for particular builds that people have to excessively burn themselves out on or be screwed in particular content, especially when it becomes even more common for pre-made `farming parties` in some instances, start demanding you to mod-link your builds and then will kick you out if its a sub-par build.

Some things need to get fixed (focus system, relic system, kuva lich hunting system, plus more etcs.), to improve the quality of the power fantasy, but them effectively making everything that was put into a time limited state, available at any given time, especially when just like with riven mods, umbral forma was a bad idea in general, that allowed a new spawn of op mods lose most of the drawback to using them, so they would just just be glorified primed mods in a sense.

Plus lets be honest, it was a good thing they removed it from said anomaly drop table to begin with, so some ridiculous version of FOMO with b.s. chances of obtaining just one of them could get removed, since d.e. needs to keep away from the old alert-style FOMO designs as much as possible. Where i kind of wish they would move syndicate mission & sortie resets to match up with the daily standing reset values, amongst many other things like condensing invasion & syndicate missions into smaller, more digestable systems that the later should work more in a weekly format then a daily one.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Avienas said:

And then power creep would get even worst as people abuse the fact that anomalies are up 100% of the time and can easily do long-sessions of mass farming and then easily cram 2-3 umbra forma on every warframe & melee weapon that they give a crap about and enjoy the chonky stat bonus they provide, especially since sacrificial steel is a integral part of almost every melee build cause of the huge crit bonus to sizable crit bases, even more so with the 2 set version.

Though warframe basically devolved into a power fantasy game, i would rather it not devolve way too much in certain directions where it starts becoming a norm for particular builds that people have to excessively burn themselves out on or be screwed in particular content, especially when it becomes even more common for pre-made `farming parties` in some instances, start demanding you to mod-link your builds and then will kick you out if its a sub-par build.

Some things need to get fixed (focus system, relic system, kuva lich hunting system, plus more etcs.), to improve the quality of the power fantasy, but them effectively making everything that was put into a time limited state, available at any given time, especially when just like with riven mods, umbral forma was a bad idea in general, that allowed a new spawn of op mods lose most of the drawback to using them, so they would just just be glorified primed mods in a sense.

Plus lets be honest, it was a good thing they removed it from said anomaly drop table to begin with, so some ridiculous version of FOMO with b.s. chances of obtaining just one of them could get removed, since d.e. needs to keep away from the old alert-style FOMO designs as much as possible. Where i kind of wish they would move syndicate mission & sortie resets to match up with the daily standing reset values, amongst many other things like condensing invasion & syndicate missions into smaller, more digestable systems that the later should work more in a weekly format then a daily one.

I did say tonne of anomaly shards. Even if it was 500 anomaly shards we'd still need to farm like hell to get even one. If we have to wait 6+ months for a nightwave to roll over again then at least we have options y'know? Power creep is one thing, having to wait that long for something and still have to do a few weeks of work to get just one is something else. It'd be a nice alternative to living in arbies or farming endless liches/prime parts as our 'endgame'. It'd also bring people into railjack because once scarlet spear is totally done, and your railjack is built up... what exactly do you need to do railjack for at that point? Shedu? Market will be flooded after scarlet spear and it wasn't exactly hard to get before SS anyway. Can't think of many reasons outside of that to be doing railjack. I just think it's a bit disheartening that this happens right when railjack is brought to a playable stage.

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

I did say tonne of anomaly shards. Even if it was 500 anomaly shards we'd still need to farm like hell to get even one. If we have to wait 6+ months for a nightwave to roll over again then at least we have options y'know? Power creep is one thing, having to wait that long for something and still have to do a few weeks of work to get just one is something else. It'd be a nice alternative to living in arbies or farming endless liches/prime parts as our 'endgame'. It'd also bring people into railjack because once scarlet spear is totally done, and your railjack is built up... what exactly do you need to do railjack for at that point? Shedu? Market will be flooded after scarlet spear and it wasn't exactly hard to get before SS anyway. Can't think of many reasons outside of that to be doing railjack. I just think it's a bit disheartening that this happens right when railjack is brought to a playable stage.

To elaborate further, they made rivens purchased from palladino a once per week thing; they could easily lock little duck to once per 2 months or something if people stocking up and living in RJ was a problem.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-30 at 5:58 PM, --Brandt-- said:

It wasn't removed because of Scarlet Spear. 

That security issue was never clarified.

• Like 1

tbh the abyssibal chance for it to drop from the container once in a millenium wouldn't fix anything. might as well not be in the game since only a handful of people will ever get one even if they farm the anomaly 24/7.

what needs to be implemented is a way to farm umbra forma reliably at an appropriate (therefore big) cost at time or resources. making it tradable for anomaly shards at a high price would be one solution among many.

Edited by grindbert

9 hours ago, Xaero said:

Oh I wonder how easy it's going to be if 1 Umbra Forma costs, for example, 1000 shards.

The point is not the amount of count, but the existence of such a thing, because regardless of drop rates, people still likely kept some kind of tracker likely on thar phone to farm the heck outta that thing at every possible moment to hoarde umbral forma as much as possible. Plus some other games had similar approaches on absurdly huge counts of resources necessary to get one particularly coveted item, someone will likely discover a way to cheese a maximized farm outta it, which will likely lead to D.E. have to either remove it or create some way of being able to obtain it easily but some kind of hefty restriction process to prevent maybe getting more then X amount and make sure to properly POST said limit cap clearly in the game to prevent people constantly thinking they can get more if no cap limit is not slapped straight in thar faces.

This is pretty much why i feel that warframe needs to start simplifying particular farming elements, like daily standing to a weekly format, to get as far as fking possible away from burn out based systems, especially with how pissed off people have been with the recent updates and even if Railjack Revised FIXED railjack to an extent. Its honestly got nothing much to it still, besides the Mastery freebies on the only 3 weapons you can take from railjack into normal gameplay and the 60k MR from intrinstic ranks.

Honestly, i would say one of the biggest failures a new game mode can have, if it does not have some proper solid reward that can actually be made use of inside regular gameplay. I mean, would it NOT, be interesting if you could use the railjack as a air support unit instead of landing crafts? Maybe have indirect bonuses like Cephalon cy could hack a nearby satellite and give you a huge enemy radar/loot detection view of the map, maybe even mark RARE loot containers on the map with special icons or even something as nice as being able to grant bonus durability to defense objectives or extra life support thru some special bonus functions that could be unlocked via the railjack as you `level it up` and what not.

Umbral forma is simply a fine example of them putting a big juicy carrot to some kind of content, just to make said content attractive to do, when it has no unique rewards beyond that, to take outta it. Least Nightwave has some fancy cosmetics when its NOT intermission repeats.

• Like 1

On 2020-05-13 at 10:23 AM, Avienas said:

I'm probably the odd one out, but I generally don't use the the Sacrificial mods on melee weapons... umbral mods on the other hand....

Either way, if I'm sitting at a very high MR, building Umbral and Riven based builds are kinda the only things I really have left at this point, so let me have my umbral forma to use as I wish.

9 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

I'm probably the odd one out, but I generally don't use the the Sacrificial mods on melee weapons... umbral mods on the other hand....

its mostly sacrifical steel since even if you do not use a polarity for it the thing gives an absurd amount of crit, which slapped on a good crit base weapon, is basically near guranteed yellow crit at a almost 100% time, throw in blood rush and we all know how that song and dance goes. Though too many melee weapons exist that it would be a bad idea to use a umbral forma on them unless you plan to really commit to that weapon.

9 hours ago, Almagnus1 said:

Either way, if I'm sitting at a very high MR, building Umbral and Riven based builds are kinda the only things I really have left at this point, so let me have my umbral forma to use as I wish.

Well you could help out other players, get into the fun of fashion frame, learn to play the shazwin like a boss, try to create a genetic nightmare of your own to join the cult of owners of their very own Cataclysms, fall into the madness of trying out new build ideas for ridiculous ways to create your own fun, such as how a certain content creator used that one mod that lets you do additional double jumps in the air by killing a enemy while in the air and other ridiculous ideas.

Or just be a sane person and go play something else or watch a show or something...

13 hours ago, Avienas said:

The point is not the amount of count, but the existence of such a thing, because regardless of drop rates, people still likely kept some kind of tracker likely on thar phone to farm the heck outta that thing at every possible moment to hoarde umbral forma as much as possible.

A tracker for what?

If 1 Umbra Forma costs 1000 shards, it will take at least 170 hours of pure anomaly farming to get one. How long would it take for a potential extreme no-lifer to "umbrafy" all their frames and melee weapons? And how long would it take for most players?

So no, the existence of such a thing isn't a problem as long as it's difficult and time-consuming enough to keep Umbra Forma very rare.

On 2020-05-14 at 12:35 AM, Xaero said:

Oh I wonder how easy it's going to be if 1 Umbra Forma costs, for example, 1000 shards.

Roughly 100 hours of non stop farming with a resource booster but no kavat. And that’s if you have a good team. Bailing out on the mission causes the shards to disappear. Like any other resource. 

On 2020-05-15 at 12:24 AM, Xaero said:

A tracker for what?

If 1 Umbra Forma costs 1000 shards, it will take at least 170 hours of pure anomaly farming to get one. How long would it take for a potential extreme no-lifer to "umbrafy" all their frames and melee weapons? And how long would it take for most players?

So no, the existence of such a thing isn't a problem as long as it's difficult and time-consuming enough to keep Umbra Forma very rare.

Not mention there is 40+ frames(not including prime) and there is 3 Umbra mods. That is roughly 120 Umbra Formas needed. Which would be like 12,000 hours with a good team and a booster. Which is equivalent to 500 days straight. Which would be like 4,000 days for people that only put in 3 hours each day. Or 1,200 days if they play 10 hours each day. 

So in other words, it would be years before all frames had all forma mods. Plus most frames would only get like 1 maybe 2 Umbra mods equipped.