Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best way not to quit, doing the same content, to re-level old / level new equipment?

UilliamNebel

Question

At a point now where to go forward, I need to do stuff like put forma on things to relevel them, and also leveling new items needed for things like sentient fights.

I just logged in, and just, well logged right back out, not even bothering to do any mission. I've just lost every single bit of motivation to keep playing Warframe. Not because I do not like the game play, or even redoing the missions. I just am unable to ignore that before I even get through all the way to the New War content, I am redirected back toward other content I have already completed, and most likely will have to put all my play time into that, before seeing anything new for some time.

It just isn't the same as going through a game, and coming to the end of it's existing content and going back to chase completion, or find a way to create my own narative to stay engaged, that is easy enough. This just feels, well, miserly on DEs part, as in a totally artificial way to extend the amount of time it takes to get through existing content by warping the MR system and other components to a uber grind. And even though I have purchased platinum previously, coming to this point, that feels rather intentional in their design, has me regretting getting into the game at all. I feel like I just got to the point of Scientology where I am told 'the aliens..', and feeling like I fell for a bait and switch where there isn't much worth it going forward in return for the grind expected.

So what is the ratio to MR grinding, to get to New War content, after Pluto? 50/50? Right now it feels like 1/99 as I finish up a few quest I can, and check off more and more where I need arbitrary MR level or some cheeze build with a niche ability min/maxed to progress that requires re-levels with forma several times.

How do you stay engaged through this period of Warframe play?

5 answers to this question

Well, That's Warframe for you. It's repetitive. You can make old content interesting by doing it differently, trying different setups, finding fun combinations. IMO it's not bad to test and get used to a new frame or weapon on a safe low level mission, so after you had it levelled for the last time, you can use it comfortably on high levels.

17 minutes ago, UilliamNebel said:

How do you stay engaged through this period of Warframe play?

If you feel you've lost your last drop of motivation... Just take a break. I'm saying this because of my own personal experience. When i first started playing, after a while I started feeling this game will never end - I have no chance getting all the weapons, all the mods, and the ****ton of Endo to level those mods, and lost all motivation. I took a break, and came back when I felt like it. From then on, I took several breaks - some were longer, some really short. Probably every long time player takes breaks from time to time, at least that's the only way I know to keep this never ending game interesting.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
  • Like 3

I kind of don't understand what the problem is.  From what I'm reading, it sounds like you want more new content and you feel like you've run out.  But also it sounds like maybe you haven't Forma'd before, which would make me think there's likely still content you haven't tackled since it would be pretty hard without that.  So I'm a bit confused, but will try to be as helpful as I can regardless.

Warframe isn't a game you play through linearly; it has a story, but that story is not the focus of the game.  The focus is having a bunch of content that you can replay and have a good time with.  If you aren't into replaying the same content over and over again, Warframe might not be the game you're looking for.  Many of us are very into that kind of game, and it's why we stick around.

If you do decide to stick around and want to re-level some equipment, keep in mind that you don't have to re-level anything.  In fact, I would recommend that you not re-level most things, as many weapons aren't worth investing the time into.  But if you have one or two weapons you really like, and you'd like to be able to take on stronger challenges with them, then yes, toss a Forma inside and re-level them.  From a certain perspective, re-leveling is a natural part of the leveling system; you haven't actually finished leveling a weapon until you've put enough Forma into it to get the build you want.  So it's not that you already finished leveling a weapon when it gets to 30, but rather that you've arrived at the first checkpoint, and if you want to go further it takes an investment of Forma.

And if you don't feel motivated to play, then it's definitely time to take a break.  If you decide to come back, the game will be here.  Don't fall into the trap of thinking you have to play everyday.  There are plenty of other games, too, and they all scratch different itches.  I'd only recommend playing Warframe when you got that Warframe itch.

Good luck!

• Like 1

For me it's trying to stay goal oriented.  Working to get the next frame or weapon. Leveling them up.  Finding better mods and better builds.  I just bought the parts for a new amp, and had to run a slew of missions to get the components (like 35 wisps).  So going to Konzu became a nightly thing, then I discovered Thumper hunting, and that became a distraction for a while.

I am also trying to get more of the Prime frames.  So it's farming relics, opening relics, assembly all the BP's, and then all of the components, rinse and repeat, and repeat and repeat.

Yeah, it's still a grind, but I feel like I'm making progress, reaching goals, and it keeps me from just thinking about doing the same missions over and over.