Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe needs more Quests

Formous

I like Warframe. I do. No game like it.  But lately, I find it harder and harder to play.  With the New War somewhat started, and Duviri now only 2021, this puts us at around 3 years between actual quests where in We, as Tenno, are involved.  I am disappointed. As time goes, I don't think this game needs evolution anymore. I think it thrives as is.  Rather..I want quests.

Proper stories are what really gave this game character. It's not the powers and warframes that got people attached, but rather the big 3 quests, where in the Tenno has a voice.  Saying something, doing something.  I want to ask DE to start writing more quests.  Make a smaller development team which has the cinematic control to write a ongoing story. Space it out just so, and introduce them so that we the Tenno are interacting more with the world at large.  I want to have more Reveals and moments like with the Second Dream. Railjack is fun now, but it's missing a story to build off the fact the Tenno now have warships.   We need proper stories. More then a few lines and voice lines. 

I roleplay, I write stories that are enjoyed in guilds in Swtor and FF14 and more.  I know it's really hard to put together a full arc and execute them.  It's even more so when it comes to code, setting up scenes, and the bureaucratic aspects of pushing forward ideas for a game that can help or hinder it.   But when I look at what the Warframe team has done with Sacrifice, Second Dream..war within...so on..Chains of Bloody Harrow?   You have the Talent.  This game is hurting from lack of content right? No.  What it's hurting for is a story. A reason to believe, to interact, and something to further flesh it out.   Final Fantasy 14 has a great end game loop, but it adds in a huge story and lore with it.  Warframe has all the right parts DE to make a fantastic story released in a quest once every 3 months.  Going forward, I want to ask more quests, Not huge expansions.  Something Cinematic. Something to bide time, to keep me talking about Warframe. Something to make those endless survival missions have a little more meaning.   I want to see Warframe expand the one area it truly lacks in.  It's Story.  Please...just give it a try for 2 years.  4 quests a year could be a game changer (and make them replayable for pete's sake).  Sometimes I want to play Warframe but not play the same missions. Sometimes I want to just hear it's Story play out.  Don't squander the New War. You are doing it now.

@[DE]Rebecca  Maybe it's wrong to ping you Rebecca, but please give it some thought for a future meeting in DE.

Edited by Formous
  • Like 6

I also would love to see the quests continued and more advancement in the new war, spacemom, duviri, etc.

Though its clearly going to be a slow process. And in the end de rushing stuff only makes it worse.

Personally, i play for stress relief. Just cracking skulls is fine by me. I hace mostly everything as is. 

May i suggest a break or an alternative game/show well stuff is developed. If cracking skulls is to dull for you?

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2
  • Like 1

If there was more money in it for them in a one and done mission. We would likely see far more of them. That's just the sad truth.

The lack of reward for even replaying them unlike replying any other node in the game is not doing them any favors either. 

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

Kinda hard to make them when everyone's working from home and they have zero access to their motion capture studio.

I dont think exceptional circumstance defines years in the future.

they need time. writing stuff takes a while, and right now DE don't have access to all the stuff they need at home: nobody can go into the office to do Voice lines or mocap for example. we also want it to be good, not rushed.

I want another story too, but we're in for a wait, no matter what.

• Like 1

The problem is that quests are a lot more than just writing with all the art/animation, mocap, and voice acting that make it a mountain of work. And while they are important for forwarding the story they just aren't substantial enough to keep an entire community engaged for the amount of work that goes into them. That is why nearly every major quest has been a setup for a major game system/mechanic being added.

And all of this is why we now have the Leverian as it's just writing and voice acting work while almost entirely reusing pre-existing assets. More quests would be nice but really are a lot of work for little gain without other work backing them.

Youtube followers have at times an insatiable need to promote when asked and I find it amusing. Didn't even take 24 hours for TheDsIEGE partner bid video to hit front page of the forums. Warframe is many things to many people and to want to be nothing but tileset looter shooter with story quests will not serve in the long term picture. No single person can decide what Warframe is or isn't, and the very notion of insinuating such things is foolish. What do we say to the Dojo Decorators, Collectors, Traders, Conclave enthusiasts (like omg), Railjack Commanders, and all the players who love Fishing, K-Drive, and Hunting that this is not what Warframe should be? Games that do not evolve and grow stagnate over time and die that is a rule of nature, if you can not adapt you will fade into the sunset the developers know this. They have the metrics and data and business decisions are made on a combination of hard facts and vision.

DE tries new things all the time, some stick, some fall flat, some don't stick at all. That's the reality of game development and the reality of the world really. Story is amazing yes it gives a game character and for people like myself who are lovers of lore we could debate it for hours on end it is something we can't wait for when we have new story content and how it all fits together in the grand picture. However if the lessons of the past year tell us anything its that DE needs to take their time to make the content and have it be enjoyable and that requires what we have now to be fixed, and to wait until they have the tools in the offices to continue. 

Warframe is its own entity, unique it must be allowed to follow its course and we as players have to recognize that there are alternating content/story droughts as the team works to give us a great game trying every step of the way despite whatever setbacks may occur. And while I may carry a good bit of righteous indignation when I see posts like this I can't but help to want it to succeed for Warframe is my game too, but I refuse to remain silent and see those attempt to see it done at the expense of others enjoyment of the game we all share and call home. 

Edited by Magus_Tahir
Fixed sentence structure.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, (PS4)Wolfsherrscher said:

I love quests but I also realize that we burn through them wayyyyy faster than anyone can make them.

Also... What about the new war cinematics? I know those aren't -War within- quality quests, but if you think about... its unfair for one to say we didn't get quest content for 3 years.

The new war cinematics are interesting but its not like they are a full playable quest.

And the third one doesn't complete like the other two.

Once we get more playable new war stuff i hope its good.

• Like 1