Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you turn off the glass fissures from Nightwave

XTROPrime

Question

I was trying to turn on the radio in the orbiter to hear other messages but it caused me to turn on the Night Wave content, specifically the Glass Maker introductory 'Clue area' which I tried out.

Now I'm getting 'glass fissures'  in my missions.  I don't want that content right now.  How do I turn that off?  I have the 'Orbiter Radio' box unclicked,  but the glass fissures keep happening.

15 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, McCIoud said:

You know you can just ignore them right?

Unfortunately, not always. Stuff like Survival missions can be a little annoying when they pop up and you have to go hunt them down. The Glass AI seems to be a little squirrely compared to normal.

Unfortunately, not always. Stuff like Survival missions

Eggggsss zackly.  I was farming for Osprey Oxium on Jupiter, Io.  I'd done that once before, but in this second go around the glassed Corpus started showing up and it threw off my timing. I did eventually learn that you had to shoot the glass shards off the glass guys to make them as vulnerable as normal Corpus.  But that extra bit for them distracted m from hitting the Ospreys before they kamakazi-ed. 

Le 20/05/2020 à 11:56, HoustonDragon a dit :

Unfortunately, not always. Stuff like Survival missions can be a little annoying when they pop up and you have to go hunt them down. The Glass AI seems to be a little squirrely compared to normal.

You dont have to hunt them down at all

• Like 1

Only happens to at most 5 units when a fissure happens. Roughly every half hour. Now that you figured out how to kill them they are no different than say, running into a Nox and needing to shoot the head.

Once you collect 10 Cephalite Resonance, you can participate in the first question quiz on the lower right of the nightwave UI. Phase one rewards 7k rep.

That's all good and fine, BUT.

I still don't understand why we are forced to participate in Nightwave event if we don't want to? You'll ask why I don't want to participate? Because it interferes with player's activity often. While current event is somewhat tolerable, take a look at previous Emissary event. Invulnerable enemies dealing huge toxic damage that keep on resurrecting until you kill them in correct order in a very short timeframe. Thanks to that my wife is disgusted by Warframe and won't play it. She was a new player back then and wanted a casual playthrough with me. NOPE. Every mission, invulnerable unkillable enemies spawn that force her to run and hide in a corner until I deal with them. And they can spawn more than once.

Obligatory Nightwave events is one of the worst things ever happening to Warframe.

Edited by Aedwynn
  • Like 1

New problem with  the Glass guys.  I got my first riven mod. "kill enemies with 20 finishers without taking damage."

Maybe I'm not skilled enough, but what Excaliber's radial blind giveth, the Cephalities takeneth away.  Sisyphus reborn!

But then again you can lose all your kills to any random sniper you don't see.  

Naw, the Glass guys are not the problem.  I abort the mission when Nora starts talking and Riven mod remembers the last kills I've made.

I'm finding that whenever I get near 20, say 16 to 19, something stupid happens (like a wild kubrow coming out of nowhere behind me to bit me on the fundament .)  Spent the whole day just trying to get this Riven unveiled. No luck.  Then just now I took a look at some of the other unveil conditions of other Riven and I realize that Rivens are a joke. You really have to be something special at this game to unveil them.

9 hours ago, XTROPrime said:

You really have to be something special at this game to unveil them.

Some of them are quite difficult and I will just dissolve or sell them (like kill dargyn pilots before they hit the ground), but most can be done with a little planning and the right loadout.  For that one, I agree with Aazhyd and would use a stealth frame like Loki to stealth kill unaware enemies.  In a low-level exterminate or spy mission, it wouldn't be difficult to build up 20 finisher kills.

You should think of rivens as the topping on your sundae: the right one can make your build extra-special, but if you don't have a good foundation, there is no point.

Thanks for the advice.  Yeah  I'm starting to see that Rivens are like when you are just starting the game in the early mastery ranks and decide to see whats in the Plains of Eidolon for the first time. 😲 In the game there's very little that warns you that you're dealing with things you should deal with much, much later in the game.  I'm not yet far enough in the game to acquire a sleath warframe.