Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best railjack/Meta build

Lazarow

Question

I just cant be bothered to get into detail to learn the annoying new system or railjacks content island, but I do intend to get some mastery it provides. I dont understand those component things its such a big system which is confusing and I just dont have the time to invest in it to learn all that nonsence. What I need is the absolute best railjack build that everyone uses for endgame railjack content so I know what my goal would be if I were to dive that deep into the content. So just tell me what the best assembly of railjack is with everything installed and whatnot then id go googling things to see where to get them. Thanks

10 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Lazarow said:

I just cant be bothered to get into detail to learn the annoying new system or railjacks content island, but I do intend to get some mastery it provides. I dont understand those component things its such a big system which is confusing and I just dont have the time to invest in it to learn all that nonsence. What I need is the absolute best railjack build that everyone uses for endgame railjack content so I know what my goal would be if I were to dive that deep into the content. So just tell me what the best assembly of railjack is with everything installed and whatnot then id go googling things to see where to get them. Thanks

Vidar MK III reactor,  Vidar Mk III engines,   Zetki Mk III shields.  

For Avionics,  you Bulkhead,  Hull Weave, and  Conic Nozzle are necessities,  the rest is a matter of play style. 

For guns,  Carcinoxes and apocs are the meta weapons.

For your ordinance,  you want tycho seeker Mk III.  

For battle avionics,  In slot 2 you'll want  Particle Ram for farming or   tether for killing fighter groups.    In slot III Seeker Volley is currently the best.  

Tactical avionics don't really have a meta,  beyond void cloak.      The rest is preference. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, hyzmarca said:

Vidar MK III reactor,  Vidar Mk III engines,   Zetki Mk III shields.  

For Avionics,  you Bulkhead,  Hull Weave, and  Conic Nozzle are necessities,  the rest is a matter of play style. 

For guns,  Carcinoxes and apocs are the meta weapons.

For your ordinance,  you want tycho seeker Mk III.  

For battle avionics,  In slot 2 you'll want  Particle Ram for farming or   tether for killing fighter groups.    In slot III Seeker Volley is currently the best.  

Tactical avionics don't really have a meta,  beyond void cloak.      The rest is preference. 

Thank you kind sir, may you be blessed by RNGsus

11 hours ago, Lazarow said:

Thank you kind sir, may you be blessed by RNGsus

For your information, here are some more tips:

As you know, ship parts have traits,

For Zetki Mk III shields, +25% damage when shield depleted,
For Vidar Mk III engines, +50% boost speed when shield depleted,
For Vidar MK III reactor, dmg immunity after breach fix

You might also consider building a lavan MKIII engine as backup.

Despite Lavan MKIII has the lowest addition speed among all house, it has the highest boost multiplier with 0.6 (max) instead of 0.2 of vidar resulting in a higher amount of top speed when boosting if the shield is not depleted.
This is particularly useful when you are doing rush mission like sentient anomaly and event like scarlet spear space mission (which was expired, but I guess it would return like the plague star).  For normal mission, it's better to stick with vidar.

For Battle avionics, I highly recommend munition vortex (1st slot). Which could be used to kill a patch of enemies within hundreds metres in just 2~3 seconds.  Just make sure you charged the vortex with your own turrets before detonation. It could also be used together with particle ram (2nd slot).

For Tactical, void cloak is useful on early railjack, which could be used to suspend the incoming attacks. On later railjack it's kinda useless. Battle forge however is a lifesaver when all of your forges are occupied but you need something urgently

Edited by SHArK-FiN
  • Like 1

Since revisited I've switched to a speed build.  Lavan engines, flow burn tactical, fiery pheonix battle, all 3 speed integrateds.  I'll swap between particle ram (for titanium farming) and tether (for actually doing the missions.)  I've seen every single turret used well since revisited, but stick to zetki (even taking heat into account, it's still the highest DPS house), I stick to carcinnox for pilot and apoc for side, but I've seen pulsars used to great effect for detonating tether and cryophon is okay on side turrets for cleaning up stuff the pilot missed.  I'm less concerned with the bonuses components provide because with a basically competent crew, a mission in gian point should take about 4 or 5 minutes, and the bonuses won't speed that up to any degree.  I use zetki shield for fast recharge, and vidar reactor for max avionic space (though I'm considering if it'd be worth dropping down capacity for more flux with lavan, I might be able to pull it off without sacrificing anything meaningful.)

I like my speed boost build because you only really need much speed to bounce between groups of enemies, and with that build you can bounce between everything really quick.  I can travel the 15k-20k from the spawn point to the murex in a matter of seconds.  Before revisited, I used to mostly go in AW mode and destroy crewships and objectives, and would wrap up about the same time the ship finished with the fighters, but fighters die so quickly now, there's no point in using anything but artillery, no avionics needed for it.

I only use my own boat solo and can't imagine anything other than minor tweaks would do anything to optimize any further at this point.

edit: I just tested switching out my vidar reactor for a lavan.  I would have had to sacrifice too much to get it to work with very little benefit, so didn't go with it.  I tested pulsar with tether, and it was incredible but bullet size is only 1 pixel big so requires perfect aim against fighters.  Still gonna stick with it for pilot because there's no point in shooting directly at fighters anyway if you have tether.  It's the difference between 3ish shots per fighter vs 1 shot per potentially 6+ fighters.

Edited by mkah_mvet
  • Like 1

В 25.05.2020 в 16:15, Lazarow сказал:

So just tell me what the best assembly of railjack is with everything installed and whatnot then id go googling things to see where to get them.

i strongly believe it's about personal taste at this point.

compontents

isi27nM.png

avionics

7czm6jN.png

now, why Lavan Reactor. I see no reason to carry Vidar Mk3 simply because i don't use all three battle avionics. I switch them from mission to mission. So instead of additional avionics capacity provided by Vidar, i prefer more flux by Lavan Reactor.

Planning on switching Polar Coil for 3rd speed mod. Zetki weapons generate less heat now and can do without Polar Coil just fine. More speed, however, is always welcome.

Edited by Kel_Silonius
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, SHArK-FiN said:

For Tactical, void cloak is useful on early railjack, which could be used to suspend the incoming attacks. On later railjack it's kinda useless. Battle forge however is a lifesaver when all of your forges are occupied but you need something urgently

It's useful when soloing for a quick breather to teleport back to your Forges or repair something quickly. I used to use it during Crewship boarding, but it's easier to just nuke them with Artillery these days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kel_Silonius said:

compontents

Reveal hidden contents

isi27nM.png

avionics

Reveal hidden contents

7czm6jN.png

I use Kel's exact component set up.

My Avionics are different tho.  I have forward artillery instead of flux..   I use Tether as my only battle avi.   I use Death Blossom(no heat) and Battlestations (+turret damage) for tacticals but I hardly activate them,  sure as hell dont NEED them.   

I just tried Photor's today and they suck.  They take forever to disable engines.  Apocs can disable crewships much faster.   I tether rocks to kill first 1-2 waves of fighters,  As soon as crewships spawn in I boost for them and disable them.  If there is only one I BFG it,  If there are more I disable them all, then BFG them all real fast.  As soon as you disable crewships you can also hit them with tether and clear out nearby fighters to before you BFG the crewship.   Tether is only 50 flux so the 550 I get from raw Lavan reactor is more than enough.  I could go up to Vidar and still not need hyperflux but I dont have anything to spend the extra avionic cap on.... 

I kinda get what people say about forward artillery....  In most nodes your bfg will kill fine without it.  On the last few nodes of Veil it can take 3 shots with bfg to take out a crewship WITH forward artillery so its not helping their either....  So whats the ppoint of equipping.  However.  For early veil I'd rather have a safety blanket and make sure every shot counts.  As long as I hit crewships anywhere but their exause they die.  

If I was going to replace Forward artillery it would be cruising speed or turret velocity.  I'd wanna see how my guns behave with velocity.   But Cruising speed sounds great for after you deal with all he fighters and crewships.  Typically I try to keep the hell away from POI's during a fight to avoid all the nasty crap they do when you get close lol.   So I usually have a long distance to travel to deal with the bases/poi.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

As long as I hit crewships anywhere but their exause they die.

that only happens if the engines are dead.  If they are still firing, 1 artillery hit directly to them kills the crew ship, regardless of level.  If I'm solo, I'll pop 2 of the engines to slow it down, then jump into artillery to fire at the 3rd, killing the crew ship.  Disabling the whole ship is usually a waste of time and full on counterproductive in veil.  Apocs are about 60% more DPS than pulsars, but you really don't need it for the pilot if the only thing you shoot at is detonating tether (and possibly engine cones.)  My next run, I'm even gonna drop a turret avionic in exchange for artillery cheap shot so I hopefully don't have to hit the forge at all mid-mission (which also frees up capacity for a lavan reactor).

Spoiler

qmLUcZH.jpg

@OP, I guess what it boils down to is there is no single meta, no optimized build that everyone uses.  Even tether that works so well isn't universal.

• Like 1

8 часов назад, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ сказал:

I have forward artillery instead of flux

i removed it because we can snipe cs from any distance with a Tunguska without any FA mods. Main engine or engine gondolas. One of the reasons why i really hate when random players killing engines with turrets. They remove critical spots which complicates things.

Flux. Game says my RJ has 896 flux capacity, however on a mission i can only carry 820... i guess it's designed that way..?

As it now i switched shatter burst for munitions vortex but i'm not sure if i like it. I tried Tether but... no, not a fan of this one. I'm planning on removing Polar Coil for a tactical Flow Burn, or to use Cruising Speed avionics, which i don't have yet.

The problem i see with tactical avionics is the way how we activate it. We need to call a special menu, click on avionics and close this menu. I just find it... not very convenient. Battle Forge, however, have it uses almost all the time.

Void Hole. Now, Void hole will stay on my RJ because it's great at killing waves of mobs. I gather them around, let them follow me to a nearest asteroid or structure. I place VH inside that structure or asteroid and mobs just crash upon its surface. Neat.

I consider Zetki Reactor as well, but there are two things to think about. 1) I would need to remove tactical or battle avionics in order to carry that reactor. 2) Even if Zetki reactor would provide more than 820 flux for a mission, i doubt it is actually needed. That's by the way is another reason why i removed Vidar reactor, i just can't find use for additional 10 avionics capacity in the current state of RJ.

Edited by Kel_Silonius
  • Like 1

On 2020-05-25 at 7:15 AM, Lazarow said:

I just cant be bothered to get into detail to learn the annoying new system or railjacks content island.

I learned the entire system in less than two days. It's about as complicated as warframe itself is for newer players. And as with everything in this game, the internet is your bestfriend when it comes to learning how different things work. In a worst case situation, just find squads to join in railjack missions. It's a great way to farm components as well as dirac. If you're simply using railjack to gain mastery, continue doing that and slowly level up intrinsics. If you're looking to farm certain items such as the Tenebrous Ephemera... figure it out, and learn how to solo Veil missions solo, or wait for an open squad and hope it's on a node with a current Sentient Anomaly.