Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe lore: Coffee Time.

Magus_Tahir

Been doing deep dives into the games lore in the last few weeks and literally the only time I ever saw the Operator drink anything was.. Well that spoilers. Can anyone direct me towards anything concrete on what people eat and drink in the lore. My google skills are failing me, and they are second to none. 

P.s. Wheres my Baro party!? 

P.s.2 Also me waking up and seeing the forum front page today before work..

wake up coffee GIF by good-morning

• Like 2

Operators probably don't eat or drink anything. They run on void energy, so another source of energy isn't needed.

If you're interested what people are eating, in general, I think there's a description about foods somewhere in the Cetus memory fragments. You can also get an idea about ingredients if you visit the Cetus market. But that's about it. In one of Simaris' synthesis target lore pieces, there's mentioning about a Corpus smuggler team aiming to reach a settlement to trade for food*, but I can't recall anything else.

However I'm sure as hell - Grineer soldiers probably eat something we couldn't stomach!

Edit:

* Anti moa lore entry: "They had other rare resources but more importantly, they were close enough to the sun to grow food and that was what this mission was really about."

They're talking about vegetables, so if they don't have some super Orokin GMO stuff, I suppose the Corpus bought it canned or dried.

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Operators probably don't eat or drink anything. They run on void energy, so another source of energy isn't needed.

If you're interested what people are eating, in general, I think there's a description about foods somewhere in the Cetus memory fragments. You can also get an idea about ingredients if you visit the Cetus market. But that's about it. In one of Simaris' synthesis target lore pieces, there's mentioning about a Corpus smuggler team aiming to reach a settlement to trade for food*, but I can't recall anything else.

However I'm sure as hell - Grineer soldiers probably eat something we couldn't stomach!

Edit:* Anti moa lore entry: "They had other rare resources but more importantly, they were close enough to the sun to grow food and that was what this mission was really about."

They're talking about vegetables, so if they don't have some super Orokin GMO stuff, I suppose the Corpus bought it canned or dried.

Interesting thanks! Tbh I wasent really expecting Operator, but just in general since the thought is what got me thinking. There is cups and plates in Iron Wake so stuff there just not fleshed out so to speak.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

What if..WHAT IF...the operator somatic link also acts as a toilet seat?

Oooh, this raises the question of what all’s going on inside an Operator. If they need a toilet, then there’s an assumption that their insides would work the same as ours.

There’s been no mention of needing a toilet in the lore I know, though 🤔 As such, is that an implied “There’s something else going on”?

Hmm. As a bit of character building, I do like the thought of my own Operator being quite curious. Can’t check her own insides, of course. So she’s gotta find others to open up. Yes... I think this will work 🤗 A nice adjustment on the stories I’ve been writing of my experiences in Warframe

Thanks for the inspiration!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Wonder if anyone took up master Teasonai's Kuaka serving suggestions? 🤭🤭

Probably everyone who is eating at the diner in Cetus. (Master Teasonai visibly doesn't have any space to store all those Kuakas and other animals we send him while doing conservation, what do you think happens to the animals you capture?)

• Like 3

Just now, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Probably everyone who is eating at the diner in Cetus. (Master Teasonai visibly doesn't have any space to store all those Kuakas and other animals we send him while doing conservation, what do you think happens to the animals you capture?)

Kentucky Fried Condroc anyone?  😰😰😰

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

All those kavats I’ve been saving! Now I need to ask myself “How valuable are these floofs I’ve been getting tokens for?”

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Well the people of Cetus also have the flesh of the tower for food. Can't imagine it tastes all that good. 

Maybe they are feeding the animals to the tower. 

Patrick Stewart Reaction GIF

Edited by Magus_Tahir
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Edit:

* Anti moa lore entry: "They had other rare resources but more importantly, they were close enough to the sun to grow food and that was what this mission was really about."

You can find more clues about food on fortuna, with the Solaris Food Box Decoration and Food Can Decoration. Some people still eat "regular" food (I'm sure people without many cyber augments), but most of them uses other sources for food (I don't remember the exact words on the item, but I'm sure there is something in there).

Regarding operator, I'm sure they don't have biological needs and that explains why they don't grow older, wich is very convenient for lore purposes and the timline of events (for us, veterans players, have passed a long time. For news, just a breeze). Pretty sure that will be explained with the Duviri Paradox and also explain the true nature of The man in the wall.

• Like 2

I do agree that the Operator most likely doesn't 'need' food. It's likely they still can/want to though - which does also suggest the need of waste processing. We know the former because there probably wasn't much food on the Zariman - its biospheres were destroyed and all that. If you want nightmares, consider the possibility the Tenno weren't aware of this fact, and there were lots of corspes lying around.

The Ostrons eat tower meat and drink Yoong-bat and Chimurr. Not sure what any of those taste like, although Yoong-bat apparently tastes dreadful to Nakak, so it's quite possibly alcoholic.

Solaris, the kids and a precious few eat 'regular' canned food, but most take nutrient canisters, which likely just inject nutrients straight into the bloodstream. This is likely a case of inability to eat, since the children do eat, and they have more... well, for lack of a better word, they have more space to put a digestive system.

Corpus likely are the same as the Solaris.

Grineer eat Protein slurry, and occasionally some other meat pies and meals based on them. We know this thanks to the Worm Queen's comments - and we also know that they sometimes recycle dead Grineer into the meals. They also export natural foods from places they've conquered though - some live on 'Vobi Butter', and since Nakak references the Vobi, that seems to be a native to the Plains of Eidolon.

• Like 2

I remember a line from disruption where Little Duck mentions trading food rations to Maroo, so I guess food is kinda scarce throughout the system and the majority civilians probably eat some sort of space MREs, possibly distributed by the tenno faction

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I do agree that the Operator most likely doesn't 'need' food. It's likely they still can/want to though - which does also suggest the need of waste processing. We know the former because there probably wasn't much food on the Zariman - its biospheres were destroyed and all that. If you want nightmares, consider the possibility the Tenno weren't aware of this fact, and there were lots of corspes lying around.

The Ostrons eat tower meat and drink Yoong-bat and Chimurr. Not sure what any of those taste like, although Yoong-bat apparently tastes dreadful to Nakak, so it's quite possibly alcoholic.

Solaris, the kids and a precious few eat 'regular' canned food, but most take nutrient canisters, which likely just inject nutrients straight into the bloodstream. This is likely a case of inability to eat, since the children do eat, and they have more... well, for lack of a better word, they have more space to put a digestive system.

Corpus likely are the same as the Solaris.

Grineer eat Protein slurry, and occasionally some other meat pies and meals based on them. We know this thanks to the Worm Queen's comments - and we also know that they sometimes recycle dead Grineer into the meals. They also export natural foods from places they've conquered though - some live on 'Vobi Butter', and since Nakak references the Vobi, that seems to be a native to the Plains of Eidolon.

7 minutes ago, Bryuf said:

I remember a line from disruption where Little Duck mentions trading food rations to Maroo, so I guess food is kinda scarce throughout the system and the majority civilians probably eat some sort of space MREs, possibly distributed by the tenno faction

I also seem to remember a line from Baro Ki'teer about something at one of his "famous" parties still looking for that one.

1 minute ago, Magus_Tahir said:

I also seem to remember a line from Baro Ki'teer about something at one of his "famous" parties still looking for that one.

Apparently he eats a certain kind of Jellyfish that needs to be kept cold, and he uses Cryotic to achieve that. He once traded the Tenno the secrets to recreating the Archwing in exchange for some cryotic for exactly that purpose. Yes, in-canon, the reason we can fly again on golden wings is because Baro really wanted that jellyfish for his party.

Darvo is allergic.

• Like 2