Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

Suggestion for OP.

The transition from running to wall-running has this incredibly weird "latching" moment where the warframe pins itself to the wall.

It would be much better if the warframe inherited it's velocity from when the wallrunning was initiated instead of coming to a stop and then accelerating.

Also would be fun to be able to lodge your melee in the wall and hang there, would be useful for taking out targets, sniping long distance, altering direction mid-wallrun.

The wallrun melee attack is very stiff, I think it would be better if it was like this.. basically having the body align with the trajectory, and having the "attack" follow through to the landing, maybe this could be a way of triggering an execution/finisher move.

I have talked about "latching" to walls on the PART 1 thread and also have a GIF to come with it. Added a note here too.

When parkour get's brought up in Warframe,  say it every time:

Look toward BRINK for examples. it's SMART run system was brilliant, organic, and fun. Combining the adaptability of BRINK's parkour with the cinematics of Warframe's would be an amazing experience that would finally make me concede that my fat pink Rhino is just a little bit of a ninja.

I hope that the animation team has read through your two topics at this point and are reconsidering certain aspects of parkour. This has been something that hasn't changed much since the beginning, and there's a much needed overhaul.

well Geoff did notice the first thread before I even PMed him and how he should be fully aware of this. Not sure about the parkour thing here. He said that the main problem is lack of people that are capable of working on these things. Programmers that can do this are busy with other things atm.

Edited by Aure7

Number #3 second gif.

I'd say the best way to implement this would be, Press CTRL(crouch key).

To stop yourself/interrupt from a wallrun. Implemeting this would greatly and have a huge movement +for the way it is right now.

Having an option to keep making it "normal" jumping off the wall, or press CTRL, simply snapping you off and standing back on the floor where you belong. We already have a stealth attack(E) on walls, its great if we have other bindings with it such as the (CTRL)which would be crouching.

Let me know what you think, like this or comment. thanks for reading

Number #3 second gif.

I'd say the best way to implement this would be, Press CTRL(crouch key).

To stop yourself/interrupt from a wallrun. Implemeting this would greatly and have a huge movement +for the way it is right now.

Having an option to keep making it "normal" jumping off the wall, or press CTRL, simply snapping you off and standing back on the floor where you belong. We already have a stealth attack(E) on walls, its great if we have other bindings with it such as the (CTRL)which would be crouching.

Let me know what you think, like this or comment. thanks for reading

That was my initial idea, but now I think it'd be better if you could aim yourself towards the ground so it automatically shifts to normal running smooooothly. (When not shooting)

How did I miss this thread?! it's awesome! +1

Much needed fixes: All the Yes

I'd add the infinite vertical wallrun to the list of bugs: by crouching (but still holding Space and W) you will end your vertical wallrun and start a new one with extra momentum, this can be repeated indefinitely. It looks a lot like what you do in the gif below, but without the edge stopping you from climbing as high as you want:

n2cq.gif

__________________________________________________________________________________________

1) Yes!

2) Yes!

3) Yes! Your character should simply jump straight where you are looking, not only left or right, but also up or down. 

I think it would be quite obnoxious if simply looking down ended the wallrun, that's where you would usually need to look to shoot enemies and it could easily happen by mistake, releasing W or crouching are good enough imo.

That extra jump boost would probably go away on it's own if they made momentum more natural, but I don't see what other key could comfortably be used to charge up a stronger jump. What you talk about in n.6 could be applied to walljumps but only if letting go of Space no longer ends the wallrun.

4) Yes!

5) It could get annoying if simply touching a wall makes you grab and slide on it, perhaps that could happen if you are crouching in mid air?

6) Yes!

7) I think they shouldn't have introduced the wallrun edge grab in the first place. It looked cool in the trailer, but in actual gameplay it's annoying. Before this kind of edge grab was introduced the fluid motion you drew in the gif was the expected movement.

xl7.gif

8) Blocking should be a viable solution to prevent knockbacks and staggers as long as you are facing the right direction and a correctly timed Space tap should replace handspring imo.

Edited by CubedOobleck

But doesn't this happen randomly already?  Sometimes when you run up a stack of crates it DOES project you further up into the air.  But it seems to be completely random.. what's going on with this..

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant: the little hop that ends the vertical wallrun every now and then, nowadays it only happens when the game fails to detect the edge of the wall, before that motion was the default and it was much smoother in my opinion.

Edited by CubedOobleck