Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[The Outdated Parkour Thread] It Finally Happened! (Voice Your Opinion In The Poll!)

Aure7

Exactly how do you slide whilst wall running?

Does sliding also cut the cost of other arobatics?

you can't Slide while doing something else, but you slide at any time you're in open air or on the ground, so you keep moving while regenerating Stamina.

you can't Slide while doing something else, but you slide at any time you're in open air or on the ground, so you keep moving while regenerating Stamina.

Yes, but that doesn't help when you're out of stamina and want to attempt a wall run.

Or you have a slow character and you're running a long wall.

I do understand that sliding allows you to keep momentum and charge on the go, but Shield flux allows you to basically run an entire tileset of any map without need to stop.

That and it can only make the slide tactic better.

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Actually, Stamina has always been a part of the game. It just... doesn't really do anything worth while. Stamina doesn't work well for blocking. Guard Break would be a better mechanic. Ninjas that are augmented by organic super armor shouldn't need to worry about being fatigued by acrobatics and normal sprinting. It doesn't even make sense for stamina to exist given that Hayden Tenno even without Proto Excalibur could sprint indefinitely. 

Right on.

It's been ages since I played Prince of Persia (Sands of Time IIRC).  I wasn't entertained enough to finish it.

Warframe is a very different game:  "The core is the 4 guys against a massive army.  And, generally speaking, they are devastating. ........."  Warframe: Developer Q&A , Question 4

The Core is not Prince of Persia, Gears of War, Dark Souls, Mass Effect, Extra Credits, etc.

And, as I already reminded everyone:  "Advanced players are not even going to touch the floor"

How are the Space Ninja feet not going to touch the floor if they run out of stamina like pedestrians, or if coptor sucks, or if there are no parkour surfaces?

And if the Space Ninjas are not killing stuff when their feet are off the floor then what is it good for?

Darn good stuff.

Good example of fluid parkour.

For warframe, in the options menu, there would be the parkour selection.

Beginner - All parkour is done by holding down one button. Auto wall run where the wall run marker on the wall is whether one jumps or not after any other animation... Even auto jump from small platform to small platform.

Pro - You do all the parkour yourself

Everyone is happy.

Parkour stay that fluid and fast no matter the option you chose.

Edited by Jinryusai

Good example of fluid parkour.

For warframe, in the options menu, there would be the parkour selection.

Beginner - All parkour is done by holding down one button. Auto wall run where the wall run marker on the wall is whether one jumps or not after any other animation... Even auto jump from small platform to small platform.

Pro - You do all the parkour yourself

Everyone is happy.

Parkour stay that fluid and fast no matter the option you chose.

Yeah, don't think auto parkour would be the best decision for a game like Warframe due to the nature of the level design. I think that people would not appreciate wall-running into the abyss when they meant to slide behind cover.

Is there a wall run marker where they usually take cover? Never seen one those spots?

This feature would also encourage parkour map design.

With this speedy parkour, I think warframe would be a blast to play especially hen levels themselves reflect on this new system even making parkour mandatory in many levels would not be an issue and it would truly feel like a ninja game rather than a game of spartans with special powers that cannot parkour to save their own metal hide.

It can also add to stealth, swinging, platforming, jumping from wall to wall, infinite wall run, even platforming while wall running, etc.(Although some of these can be optional way to get around due to there being a "pro" selection if it's too much).

Edited by Jinryusai

Better parkour seems interesting, but I don't mind the current system. Except that the difference between sprint speed and slide attack is too large.

What I am more concerned about is aerial melee attacks. I am playing a 100% melee build and clearing wave in defense is nearly impossible, because every time I try to do aerial attacks I hit the wall on the other side of the map.

Sometimes it is also quite fun, having an enemy fly above you, while melee auto targeting is on. Then I can show those enemies what real flying is.

Back to parkour, what if we had falling damage? Or damage when hitting the wall with massive speed? Then parkour skills are required to travel around.

Don't change parkour too much, it is already amazing.

And yet again I fell out of my chair laughing at how ridiculous that looks. You are setting a good example of how ridiculous coptering and directional melee looks and how reliant people are on it to even get around.

These naive comparisons need to stop like forever, in that video, there is ZERO parkour, that just vaulting over obstacles, warframe development challenge is far deeper than vaulting over a box, even if vaulting is still an issue in warframe, almost the same with overgrowth, people keep saying thats a better parkour, when thats clearly a better character animation but its parkour system hasnt even tried to deal with wall inconsistences, redirection from wall run, shooting from wall runs while controlling the direction of the run, and such things that are the most notable problems in warframe`s movement, in ow the best parkouring examples are done in maps that are purely designed to run, any car seems perfect in a good street, take it into weird terrain and see how it behaves

Edited by rockscl

These naive comparisons need to stop like forever, in that video, there is ZERO parkour, that just vaulting over obstacles, warframe development challenge is far deeper than vaulting over a box, even if vaulting is still an issue in warframe, almost the same with overgrowth, people keep saying thats a better parkour, when thats a better character animation but its parkour system hasnt even tried to deal with wall inconsistences, redirection from wall run, or things that are the most notable problems in warframe

Um, did you just say you don't have control over the parkour in Overgrowth? -_- Edited by Rakshal

And yet again I fell out of my chair laughing at how ridiculous that looks. You are setting a good example of how ridiculous coptering and directional melee looks and how reliant people are on it to even get around.

Sure some of you don't like copter (this one was specially dedicated to you guys btw) but what you fail to realise is that you don't have to use it, sometimes I use plain wall running to traverse the same tile its not copter or nothing, its a combination of everything. And I will have to disagree on this looking ridiculous I myself think it looks pretty Ninja which this game is all about.