Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Revisit Improvements

(PSN)Vexx757

I am absolutely crap at stealth but I love the idea of sneaking past a group of enemies while being un-detected, killing enemies without anyone noticing and killing alerted enemies before they set of the alarms, I really do like stealth but the stealth mechanics in this game is broken.

One of the most irritating things about stealth is when I use Ash to teleport to an enemy, because of the inconsistence of opening enemies up to finishers and the way stealth works, when I teleport to them the enemy turns around, shoots me, alerts nearby enemies and then sets of the alarms. I know this is an unpopular mechanic however this is a so-called space ninja game so stealth should be improved and this is for the ppl the love stealth gameplay like I do.

Here are my ideas to revisit the stealth mechanics;

Point of View

·       If one enemy is alerted to you, enemies nearby won`t be alerted until the alerted enemy starts shooting.

·       Melee enemies don’t alert nearby enemies until they hit you.

·       There will be an exclamation indicator mark shown on the screen for 2 seconds to show the enemy that is about to hack the alarm. It also can be seen through all solid objects.

·       If you are out of the enemy`s sight it will take 15 seconds before they revert back to being un-alerted.

·       If you get three kills while hanging on a wall before the hang timer diminishes, you will receive 10 critical damage for 15 seconds, it also carries over to fly-kicks.

·       Each time you kill an enemy in the air, you will get one extra jump and makes you glide in the air slower and longer.

·       Sliding into an enemy will knock them down.

Mini Map

·       Enemies are colour coded based on the alerted status. Un-aware enemies are grey, yellow are suspicious and red are alerted.

·       Enemies above or below floor levels are darker than the colour they are currently coded with.

·       In spy missions, the sentry drones will show the direction (pov) they are facing so you can identify and avoid them, they are also colour blue on the map.

·       It will show the direction (pov) of where the enemies they are facing.

Crouching

·       It will automatically show enemies on the mini map infinitely. Standing up will show it for 10 seconds until it disappears, crouching again will show it up again.

·       When crouching, a metre bar will appear above enemies’ heads showing enemies` alert state.

·       Crouching will reduce the range of enemy vision from 15m down to 12m.

·       If you kill an enemy with your melee weapon, the body will disappear.

·       If you get three stealth finishers in a row, you will get 20% increased crouch speed for 20 seconds.

Edit: Giving an incentive

As good as these changes maybe there is no incentive to want to play this way besides for fun, their needs to be something that makes you want play this type of gameplay.

Their also needs to be a game-mode that requires you to play stealth and to pick certain warframes like ESO requiring you to play a DPS warframe to get the most out of it.

Here is a game mode I came up with that I took from an old post I put up based on an old post I put up. Also here is a link to that post if your interested.

Game mode: Retrieval

Mission Objective: Infiltrate a military base and recover rare, high-quality items stolen from all over the system held in their vault.

What to do: Find a way inside the base, locate four enemies that are carrying the codes to disable the laser barrier, reach the vault, unlock the door and reach the vault before it closed.

Need to know:

·       Your need to get into the base without being seen.

·       Enemies can easily detect fast movement which will alert them when stealing the codes.

·       There are shadow areas on the tileset where you can hide from enemies to stay undetected or reduce enemies alert state.

·       Use the codes scanner to find the four enemies` footprint trail to find them.

·       Three enemies have the code to take down the barrier.

·       The fourth enemy (if you choose to find it) will hold a clue to the combination though it will be difficult to steal from, if it spots you it will run away turning it into a capture mission.

·       If you decide to chase it, you will have the risk of alerting enemies.

·       There will be an indicator showing what they are carrying.

·       If the code carrying enemies see you or detect fast movement, they will sound the alarms which will spawn more enemies in which you have to hack the alarms to turn them off.

·       If enemies are alerted to you presents you will have 30 seconds decrease enemies alert state by either hiding or killing enemies that are alerted.

·       Spawned enemies will carry weaponry that will slow down your movement speed.

·       Each time the alarms go off, more enemies will be guarding the vault and you will receive penalties.

·       Alarm one will, decrease your finisher speed by 30%, second alarm will turn the lights on dispelling shadow areas, the third alarm will decrease your movement speed by 20%.

·       If the alarms go off more than three times, the countdown for the vault doors closing will start giving you 1:30 seconds.

·       If you are able to get into the vault within the countdown timer you will complete the mission but get less/half the rewards.

·       If you don`t reach the gate in time you will fail the mission.

·       You have to figure out the combination to disable the laser barriers you will have five attempts and failing all five will start the countdown (auto hacks and syphers are disabled).

·       In-between you and the vault, there are traps and lasers you will have to bypass to reach the vault.

·       Once you have reached the entrance to the vault, hack it then a timer will start to where you my must reach to the end of the passage before the vault closes (epic music plays)

·       On your way to the vault, you have to preform parkour moves to avoid traps and there will be enemies trying to stop you from reaching the vault.

·       The last obstacle requires you to slide under obstacles to reach the vault.

·       This also can be played in a team.

Mission bonuses

If you decide to search around, you may find items that can aid you in the mission. You can activate them by selecting the gear wheel.

·       A perk that will reveal enemies walking pattens.

·       A perk that will give you the ability to see enemies through walls.

·       A perk that can instantly disable alarms and put enemies to sleep for 3 second, when they wake up, they will revert back to being un-alerted.

·       A perk that can teleport you to a location chosen by aiming your radical.

If you have any questions of why I added these ideas or if you have any ideas to add to this, put them here.

Not bad improvements per se (though minimap enemy icons do fill in based on alert status so we kind-of have that, and in colourblind format), but one big thing missing IMO is incentive.

Stealth takes time and time means fewer rewards. There should be something of a reward for stealth-running a mission. Ideally, I would say this would be a multiplier on rewards to compensate, but even just some kind of special recognition for doing it, like a fancy portrait over the node, would make someone like me pleasantly pleased and give reason for the challenge. (and if we don't have an incentive to stealth, DE doesn't have much of an incentive to improve it, right?)

Another big problem is enemy placements being quasi-random, if not wholly. Big part of stealth is learning and navigating patterns. If there aren't patterns, even if it's just per-tileset, well, good luck or bring a stealth frame. (And stealth frames are an entirely different issue altogether, being able to cheese it and all...)

On 2020-06-05 at 4:03 PM, Tyreaus said:

-snip-

You do have a point, there is no incentive to play stealth because of how grind the game is besides for fun and you do have a point about enemy placements on the tileset also. Do you have any ideas to give players the incentive to play stealthy? Maybe it could have I high chance to drop certain mods or resources?

On 2020-06-05 at 9:35 AM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

I am absolutely crap at stealth but I love the idea of sneaking past a group of enemies while being un-detected, killing enemies without anyone noticing and killing alerted enemies before they set of the alarms, I really do like stealth but the stealth mechanics in this game is broken.

One of the most irritating things about stealth is when I use Ash to teleport to an enemy, because of the inconsistence of opening enemies up to finishers and the way stealth works, when I teleport to them the enemy turns around, shoots me, alerts nearby enemies and then sets of the alarms. I know this is an unpopular mechanic however this is a so-called space ninja game so stealth should be improved and this is for the ppl the love stealth gameplay like I do.

Here are my ideas to revisit the stealth mechanics;

Point of View

·       If one enemy is alerted to you, enemies nearby won`t be alerted until the alerted enemy starts shooting.

·       Melee enemies don’t alert nearby enemies until they hit you.

·       There will be an exclamation indicator mark shown on the screen for 2 seconds to show the enemy that is about to hack the alarm. It also can be seen through all solid objects.

·       If you are out of the enemy`s sight it will take 15 seconds before they revert back to being un-alerted.

Mini Map

·       Enemies are colour coded based on the alerted status. Un-aware enemies are grey, yellow are suspicious and red are alerted.

·       Enemies above or below floor levels are darker than the colour they are currently coded with.

Crouching

·       It will automatically show enemies on the mini map infinitely. Standing up will show it for 10 seconds until it disappears, crouching again will show it up again.

·       When crouching, a metre bar will appear above enemies’ heads showing enemies` alert state.

·       Crouching will reduce the range of enemy vision from 15m down to 12m.

·       If you kill an enemy with your melee weapon, the body will disappear.

If you have any questions of why I added these ideas or if you have any ideas to add to this, put them here.

actually allot of what you scribed is kinda not good stealth ideas is more dumbing down the stealth them really making fun and some are already in the game the only good idea is the alert meter be visible a good improvement for the stealth is actually marry with the moviments like other stealth games do 

my idea would be :

add areas that you can be hidden from enemies and they only noticeyou if they get to close or they check like assassin's creed the original thief the dark project and batman arkhan

add a small notoriet bar that slowly increase when enemies detect you will decrease as you stay hidden from enemy sight

level 1 the enemy is unalerted hes quard is down he doesn't  noteced what is happening around 

level 2 the enemy is annoyed he will start to peeking his sides for suspicious moviment 

level 3 he is in minor state of alert he you start to hunt down the player and calling others to help

level 4 full alert he is aware of your location and will attack and call reinforcement 

using the parazon for stealth kill this both turning the weapon true to its name but also opening options to make mods sentered around stealth kills

and adding a ring around the enemy feet to show the alert level 

On 2020-06-06 at 9:35 AM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

You do have a point, there is no incentive to play stealth because of how grind the game is besides for fun and you do have a point about enemy placements on the tileset also. Do you have any ideas to give players the incentive to play stealthy? Maybe it could have I high chance to drop certain mods or resources?

There's obvious things like increased loot rolls on stealth kills, for example. There's also the idea of just scaling rewards with time spent in a mission (with AFK timers and the like) so that completing a mission super fast isn't required for maximum reward gain. As I said: a big reason people don't play stealth is just that it takes so long, so your rewards tank. If that disincentive disappears, people at least have the option to play stealthily, without such a huge cost at least, and then you can think about adding on extra bonuses besides stealth affinity (to taste, of course).

16 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

There's obvious things like increased loot rolls on stealth kills, for example. There's also the idea of just scaling rewards with time spent in a mission (with AFK timers and the like) so that completing a mission super fast isn't required for maximum reward gain. As I said: a big reason people don't play stealth is just that it takes so long, so your rewards tank. If that disincentive disappears, people at least have the option to play stealthily, without such a huge cost at least, and then you can think about adding on extra bonuses besides stealth affinity (to taste, of course).

mods for the parazon that give extra  loot and buffs and raised drop chance  on stealth kills is the only thing that came to my mind

1 minute ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

mods for the parazon that give extra  loot and buffs and raised drop chance  on stealth kills is the only thing that came to my mind

Modding is an option (though Parazon usually relates to mercy finishers and those aren't stealth-triggered), but it could just be an innate thing. We have abilities that do things like reroll loot tables. Could just say, "if stealth finisher, roll table twice".

Just to let you guys know, I`m going to try and think of some reasons for ppl to want to play stealthy and I will edit this post. If you guys have any ideas for reasons for ppl to interact with this type of game-play please leave some constructive feedback, maybe I can use them and when i`ve edited this post, I will let you guys know or you can click the following button on the top right of this post to be informed.

Edit

Point of View

·       If you get three kills while hanging on a wall before the hang timer diminishes, you will receive 10 critical damage for 15 seconds, it also carries over to fly-kicks.

·       Each time you kill an enemy in the air, you will get one extra jump and makes you glide in the air slower and longer.

Mini Map

·       In spy missions, the sentry drones will show the direction (pov) they are facing so you can identify and avoid them, they are also colour blue on the map.

Crouching

·       If you get three stealth finishers in a row, you will get 20% increased crouch speed for 20 seconds.

On 2020-06-14 at 1:15 PM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Edit

Point of View

Mini Map

Crouching

alread exist a mod that give double jump on kills if you use slide while on air you will knockdown the enemy if you can slow down while in aim glide

the sentry pov is kinda useless because the camera is the one controling the the sentry pov 

noone crouch in this game because denys you from jump sneakly wall ride (roll on console) the also the only advantage is to hide behind covers but most of the time you can easily pass the enemy by just walking as both produce the same level of noise and the basic jump dont aleet enemies

The problem is that level designs are not balanced towards stealth except the spy vaults and we all know stealth is very slow paced which is against Warframe's fast pace feel. I would say stealth is dead at this point and it seems DE doesn't want to bring it back.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb DrivaMain:

The problem is that level designs are not balanced towards stealth except the spy vaults and we all know stealth is very slow paced which is against Warframe's fast pace feel. I would say stealth is dead at this point and it seems DE doesn't want to bring it back.

Same for CC, Support, or anything else that not focuses on mass killing.

In my eyes those non endless mission types need a heavy reward buff to make them equal and worth while.

Farming? Leveling? All comes down to mass killing sadly.

And yes, Warframe is fast and is a horde shooter, but i remember when it not always was that way, my first steps in Warframe you NOT wanted the alarm to trigger, you had to stay stealthy with non stealth frames to avoid detection, it felt rewarding doing it, now its every mission just blasting trough it, look at Spy even does, they raised the alert timer and still gives enough time that way now, back then alarm was like 10 seconds and only able ot do if you were right next to the console.

I am normally not one screaming for challange but the genre itself was dumbed down a alot, people can't handle compex mechanics, that is why we get also bulletsponges and invulnerable faces instead of complex boss battles, on top of people always finding ways to cheese such on top due how messy the Frames, weapon amount and Mods we have by now.

It is way to much for its own good, same for this game modes, you do them ONCE on the starchart and thats it for progres,, never look back, Alerts, Nightmare nad Lich or Kuva not counts here. Even Bosses are lacklsuter, why rework the Jackal, a Tutorial boss basically as second whole boss in the game instead of the sergeant still?

DE is all over the place and i love them but i wish they would rethink a lot of stuff recently, but sadly i fear things will be forgotten, taking years to have a look again or at worse get removed like Trials, something they could not fix with its bugs so they removed it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-06-20 at 7:46 AM, Marine027 said:

Same for CC, Support, or anything else that not focuses on mass killing.

In my eyes those non endless mission types need a heavy reward buff to make them equal and worth while.

Farming? Leveling? All comes down to mass killing sadly.

And yes, Warframe is fast and is a horde shooter, but i remember when it not always was that way, my first steps in Warframe you NOT wanted the alarm to trigger, you had to stay stealthy with non stealth frames to avoid detection, it felt rewarding doing it, now its every mission just blasting trough it, look at Spy even does, they raised the alert timer and still gives enough time that way now, back then alarm was like 10 seconds and only able ot do if you were right next to the console.

I am normally not one screaming for challange but the genre itself was dumbed down a alot, people can't handle compex mechanics, that is why we get also bulletsponges and invulnerable faces instead of complex boss battles, on top of people always finding ways to cheese such on top due how messy the Frames, weapon amount and Mods we have by now.

It is way to much for its own good, same for this game modes, you do them ONCE on the starchart and thats it for progres,, never look back, Alerts, Nightmare nad Lich or Kuva not counts here. Even Bosses are lacklsuter, why rework the Jackal, a Tutorial boss basically as second whole boss in the game instead of the sergeant still?

DE is all over the place and i love them but i wish they would rethink a lot of stuff recently, but sadly i fear things will be forgotten, taking years to have a look again or at worse get removed like Trials, something they could not fix with its bugs so they removed it.

what you said is the biggest truth on why this game is going down hill they are dicarting there routis for  mediocre away of playing the game

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-06-05 at 9:35 AM, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Game mode: Retrieval

Mission Objective: Infiltrate a military base and recover rare, high-quality items stolen from all over the system held in their vault.

What to do: Find a way inside the base, locate four enemies that are carrying the codes to disable the laser barrier, reach the vault, unlock the door and reach the vault before it closed.

Need to know:

·       Your need to get into the base without being seen.

·       Enemies can easily detect fast movement which will alert them when stealing the codes.

·       There are shadow areas on the tileset where you can hide from enemies to stay undetected or reduce enemies alert state.

·       Use the codes scanner to find the four enemies` footprint trail to find them.

·       Three enemies have the code to take down the barrier.

·       The fourth enemy (if you choose to find it) will hold a clue to the combination though it will be difficult to steal from, if it spots you it will run away turning it into a capture mission.

·       If you decide to chase it, you will have the risk of alerting enemies.

·       There will be an indicator showing what they are carrying.

·       If the code carrying enemies see you or detect fast movement, they will sound the alarms which will spawn more enemies in which you have to hack the alarms to turn them off.

·       If enemies are alerted to you presents you will have 30 seconds decrease enemies alert state by either hiding or killing enemies that are alerted.

·       Spawned enemies will carry weaponry that will slow down your movement speed.

·       Each time the alarms go off, more enemies will be guarding the vault and you will receive penalties.

·       Alarm one will, decrease your finisher speed by 30%, second alarm will turn the lights on dispelling shadow areas, the third alarm will decrease your movement speed by 20%.

·       If the alarms go off more than three times, the countdown for the vault doors closing will start giving you 1:30 seconds.

·       If you are able to get into the vault within the countdown timer you will complete the mission but get less/half the rewards.

·       If you don`t reach the gate in time you will fail the mission.

·       You have to figure out the combination to disable the laser barriers you will have five attempts and failing all five will start the countdown (auto hacks and syphers are disabled).

·       In-between you and the vault, there are traps and lasers you will have to bypass to reach the vault.

·       Once you have reached the entrance to the vault, hack it then a timer will start to where you my must reach to the end of the passage before the vault closes (epic music plays)

·       On your way to the vault, you have to preform parkour moves to avoid traps and there will be enemies trying to stop you from reaching the vault.

·       The last obstacle requires you to slide under obstacles to reach the vault.

·       This also can be played in a team.

Mission bonuses

If you decide to search around, you may find items that can aid you in the mission. You can activate them by selecting the gear wheel.

·       A perk that will reveal enemies walking pattens.

·       A perk that will give you the ability to see enemies through walls.

·       A perk that can instantly disable alarms and put enemies to sleep for 3 second, when they wake up, they will revert back to being un-alerted.

·       A perk that can teleport you to a location chosen by aiming your radical.

this mission retrieval reminds me the old raid missions sadly was removed because spy 2.0 was maded and also the assault mission that was on kuva fortress and de never maded more iven tho was quite promissing and interesting instead we got that stupid interference mode

On 2020-07-11 at 8:54 PM, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

this mission retrieval reminds me the old raid missions sadly was removed because spy 2.0 was maded and also the assault mission that was on kuva fortress and de never maded more iven tho was quite promissing and interesting instead we got that stupid interference mode

What do you think of my idea of this game-mode?

5 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

What do you think of my idea of this game-mode?

good idea but not compatible with the game the enemies detection works with sound and line of sight is not nessary to add fast moviments detection areas to hide on the tileset is good thing but the codex scanner part i don't see de implementing that also the 4 enemies you're going to hunt down i don't see them working well because how capture targets work or the profit taker bounty the obstacles that you need to pass is good i like spy  and treasure hunt because of that but the perk idea isn't good is a neat idea but the operator with exception of showing the walking patterns already do that 

Gotta be honest, this is a wide array of issues and not sure how they relate to Ash's teleport using finishers effectively.

Multiple problems were mentioned here but kinda crammed together: 1) the (un-)availability of finishers depending on an uncertain state, 2) enemy AI in stealth, 3) mini-map displaying the right amount of information, 4) enemy kit, etc etc

When I posted "better AI plz", I had to split that into multiple parts because each one is its own discussion. I think that may be a suggestion here.

As for the stealth mechanics mentioned, IMHO, these suggestions seem to be a step backwards, towards dumber enemies that are even more susceptible  to invisibility. I already went at length in my posts about how it is already essentially broken/cheese to go invisible. It's not fun; it's just a means to easily get through/kill almost anything.

There is no concept of "stealth" right now beyond how long you can stay in a risk-free state (invisible). I really don't think going further in that direction will make it more fun. No one will bother to notice all the stealth-focused improvements to the mini-map or similar changes if there aren't any risks or concerns while being invisible.

3 hours ago, (PS4)SchemeBag said:

Gotta be honest, this is a wide array of issues and not sure how they relate to Ash's teleport using finishers effectively.

Multiple problems were mentioned here but kinda crammed together: 1) the (un-)availability of finishers depending on an uncertain state, 2) enemy AI in stealth, 3) mini-map displaying the right amount of information, 4) enemy kit, etc etc

When I posted "better AI plz", I had to split that into multiple parts because each one is its own discussion. I think that may be a suggestion here.

As for the stealth mechanics mentioned, IMHO, these suggestions seem to be a step backwards, towards dumber enemies that are even more susceptible  to invisibility. I already went at length in my posts about how it is already essentially broken/cheese to go invisible. It's not fun; it's just a means to easily get through/kill almost anything.

There is no concept of "stealth" right now beyond how long you can stay in a risk-free state (invisible). I really don't think going further in that direction will make it more fun. No one will bother to notice all the stealth-focused improvements to the mini-map or similar changes if there aren't any risks or concerns while being invisible.

invisibility isn't a stealth is a clutch to be stealth you need to sneak around in the end the only way is nerf invisibility so enemies will notice the sound you make and if you bunp into them the invisibility is turned of like on early assassin's creed games were if the enemy entered close to you the camouflage is broken 

Improved stealth bonuses while crouched, aim-gliding, and wall latching/running. That is to say that I think the capacity to notice a Warframe doing these actions should be significantly reduced. I'd also like to see MODs that make you invisible while crouching or wall latching for a short duration which would be extended by getting stealth kills. It should have a cooldown that can be shortened by stealth kills, minimizing exploitation by run-'n-gunners.

5 hours ago, (PS4)LoneWolf_001 said:

Improved stealth bonuses while crouched, aim-gliding, and wall latching/running. That is to say that I think the capacity to notice a Warframe doing these actions should be significantly reduced. I'd also like to see MODs that make you invisible while crouching or wall latching for a short duration which would be extended by getting stealth kills. It should have a cooldown that can be shortened by stealth kills, minimizing exploitation by run-'n-gunners.

your not making stealth better by making the ai dumber or the warframe invisible 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

@(PS4)SchemeBag  @(PS4)yokai1235 Ok so do you have any solutions based on my ideas? or any of your own?

i already did

On 2020-06-06 at 5:20 PM, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

actually allot of what you scribed is kinda not good stealth ideas is more dumbing down the stealth them really making fun and some are already in the game the only good idea is the alert meter be visible a good improvement for the stealth is actually marry with the moviments like other stealth games do 

my idea would be :

add areas that you can be hidden from enemies and they only noticeyou if they get to close or they check like assassin's creed the original thief the dark project and batman arkhan

add a small notoriet bar that slowly increase when enemies detect you will decrease as you stay hidden from enemy sight

level 1 the enemy is unalerted hes quard is down he doesn't  noteced what is happening around 

level 2 the enemy is annoyed he will start to peeking his sides for suspicious moviment 

level 3 he is in minor state of alert he you start to hunt down the player and calling others to help

level 4 full alert he is aware of your location and will attack and call reinforcement 

using the parazon for stealth kill this both turning the weapon true to its name but also opening options to make mods sentered around stealth kills

and adding a ring around the enemy feet to show the alert level 

On 2020-06-09 at 12:02 PM, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

18 hours ago, (PS4)yokai1235 said:

-snip- 

I agree with the 1st part, i`m not going to act like I came up with it 1st but I did have them ideas in mind I just forgot to add them to this but yes we are in agreement, I like the parazon idea, that would make playing stealth much more enjoyable. Do you have any ideas for rewards that we could get at the end of the mission? possibly any new ones?

Archived