Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Pre-Nerfing ALL Future Rivens to be UNUSABLE, and How to Fix Rivens

(PSN)True_Reclaimer

On 2020-06-09 at 5:03 PM, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Only purchased plat can be traded. So DE received payment prior to the trade, recycled or not. Rivens push Prime Access sales up as well.

but if aperson uses plat he traded for to trade for a riven, then its not like people bought the plat to buy each trade now did they?

dont give me "but someone payed"

imagine if the plat was 3 years old plat that bought the very first riven a player ever traded for and thats same plat was being trded for another riven.... if plat isnt going down, then plat is being bought lol

assuming that every time a riven is traded, that money is spent is a bad thought process 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

That's not how it works at all. There are plenty plat sinks in the game.

A normal player needs plat for a lot of stuff, expanding your riven capacity for example. He can either buy plat, or trade some rare and desired item to another player who bought plat. Either way, the plat was payed for and is gone in the end.

There are people who trade a lot and accumulate a lot of platinum, these people are in the minority, they are statistically irrelevant. They are also more likely to waste plat on rushing, and usually their plat just sits there collecting dust, since they already have everything.

Back to rivens; The standard scenario is some rich kid buying a riven from a trader for 10000 plat. Resulting in money in DE's pocket, and a slightly richer trader.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to appreciate Warframes trading system. It allows DE to sell power, without giving the appearance of pay to win.

Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 3

Speaking as a player since 2013... the riven system needs to go, there is no point to this system if I am going to farm Kuva for the perfect roll and then they nerf the weapon to death...

But I am curious how do you allow a MR 7 to run around with a Kuva Bramma?

And then tell me "the guy who busted his ass on a CC CD riven and getting a tox Brama 60% tox bonus"...

"Oh well too many people are using this weapon"

It seems like D.E. did this intentionally and its getting me to the point where (and I can't believe I'm saying this) I don't think I can support this game anymore.

I can't support a company who nerfs me and my time SPENT playing the game, for the chance at attracting a new player...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

but if aperson uses plat he traded for to trade for a riven, then its not like people bought the plat to buy each trade now did they?

imagine if the plat was 3 years old plat that bought the very first riven a player ever traded for and thats same plat was being trded for another riven.... if plat isnt going down, then plat is being bought lol

assuming that every time a riven is traded, that money is spent is a bad thought process 

Imagine being ignorant but thinking its okay to tell others theyre wrong, yet messing up the entire concept

When you buy items at a store, does the store complain if the money is 3 years old? lmao wow

Yes every time plat is purchased, DE makes money. So if everyone stockpiled that plat and didnt buy more, then nobody could afford the millions of plat wasted on the riven slots 🤪

8 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

That's not how it works at all. There are plenty plat sinks in the game.

A normal player needs plat for a lot of stuff, expanding your riven capacity for example. He can either buy plat, or trade some rare and desired item to another player who bought plat. Either way, the plat was payed for and is gone in the end.

There are people who trade a lot and accumulate a lot of platinum, these people are in the minority, they are statistically irrelevant. They are also more likely to waste plat on rushing, and usually their plat just sits there collecting dust, since they already have everything.

Back to rivens; The standard scenario is some rich kid buying a riven from a trader for 10000 plat. Resulting in money in DE's pocket, and a slightly richer trader.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to appreciate Warframes trading system. It allows DE to sell power, without giving the appearance of pay to win.

Perfectly stated. And the fact you recognize that warframe is indirectly pay2win, DE wont sell the rivens but they sell the slots and allow the players to sell the rivens lol

8 hours ago, (PS4)Iconoclasm said:

Speaking as a player since 2013... the riven system needs to go, there is no point to this system if I am going to farm Kuva for the perfect roll and then they nerf the weapon to death...

But I am curious how do you allow a MR 7 to run around with a Kuva Bramma?

And then tell me "the guy who busted his ass on a CC CD riven and getting a tox Brama 60% tox bonus"...

"Oh well too many people are using this weapon"

It seems like D.E. did this intentionally and its getting me to the point where (and I can't believe I'm saying this) I don't think I can support this game anymore.

I can't support a company who nerfs me and my time SPENT playing the game, for the chance at attracting a new player...

DE logic is letting the MR 7 have a Kuva Bramma, but locking his Braton riven to MR 16... galaxy brain balance 🧠🤯

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

You know...

You might have any kind of argument here if DE did not functionally buff 3 to 5 times more weapon rivens than they nerf, every single update.

irrelevant, OP only wants to use the god tier weapons of course and he wants god tier rivens for it, god damned

Edited by supernils

This thread seems to misunderstand the design intent of Rivens.

Rivens are best thought of as Warframe's equivalent to the cap-breaking mechanics in other F2P games, where lower-tier characters/equipment/etc. that you happen to really like but are intended to be lower-tier, starter units or equipment can be (deliberately inefficiently) augmented in a way so that they can be used in very high level content.

It was never intended to be a thing that you put on every single weapon, it was never intended to be a power boost to the most powerful weapons, and it was never intended to create the cycle of people throwing thousands of platinum into god roll rivens for new high-tier weapons and then getting mad because the sellers aren't pricing in the fact that if this is happening the weapon is inevitably going to get nerfed and they themselves couldn't price in the inevitable nerf. This change exists to kill that cycle of Riven market boom-busts.

Yes, it means that if you have a mediocre weapon that you like, you might need to wait a few months for Riven dispositions to go up enough that they become 'usable.' On the flipside, it also means that you can probably end up getting a Riven for said weapon relatively cheaply.

• Like 2

On 2020-06-09 at 4:14 PM, lukinu_u said:

The idea here is to check how popular and usable a new weapon is without riven

If they played their own game, they would know that before release.  Most of the longstanding players can have a really good idea of if a weapon will be worth anything other than MR from just a peek at the stats during the dev stream.  It takes leveling it to 30 once to determine if the mechanics of a weapon combined with the stats make it worth using.  If anyone in that whole company actually used any of the things they release outside of devmode, they would know before hand that this weapon is too strong, or this one is too weak, or this new mod is going to be broken or just a collector's item, or "this weapon is already really strong, it should have a lower dispo."  or "We're releasing this for lower level players and it has a low MR and mediocre stats, we should give it a really high dispo."

Pick literally any 10 people off the forums to test a weapon and they could tell you in an hour if a weapon is going to be broken with a good riven or not.  Yet they don't have a clue, so they do this ridiculous thing that isn't going to solve squat.  I don't care how many of you have had such a lovely experience meeting a dev in the game.  They're not playing like we're playing.  That's why things like this keep happening.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

If they played their own game, they would know that before release.

You bloody well stop that. We literally see them playing their own game every. single. week.

If you're going to outright lie on the Forums, at least pick a topic that people might actually stand a chance of believing. Maybe like arguing that Umbral Redirection should be a thing... or that Loki is only good for Spy because all he does is go invisible...

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

We literally see them playing their own game every. single. week.

"Playing a game", and occasionally streaming some level 50 missions with invincibility on (when they would die they get health instead, try to spot it) isn't the same. At least that's my opinion from watching the odd Devstream.

Remember when Limbo meant you could do Scarlet Spear afk? It doesn't get more obvious than that. If you "play the game", you know stuff like that.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

At least that's my opinion from watching the odd Devstream.

Try tuning in to the actual streams, they run them daily for console and PC with different community members. The DevStreams are showcases of the actual Dev Build, so of course they have Dev Mode on.

This myth that DE don't play their own game is literally Warframe's version of the Flat Earth society.

On 2020-06-15 at 6:36 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

You bloody well stop that. We literally see them playing their own game every. single. week.

If you're going to outright lie on the Forums, at least pick a topic that people might actually stand a chance of believing. Maybe like arguing that Umbral Redirection should be a thing... or that Loki is only good for Spy because all he does is go invisible...

Yeah, I've seen them play.  They're super casual for how long they've been playing.  They don't play the game the way the majority of the playerbase that I see in missions play.  And you're talking about the community team playing.  They're not making the game.  Rebb even tried to get Steve to lower the Blink cooldown, live on stream, and was basically told to #*!% off, live on stream.  The people making the decisions about things like this aren't playing.  And the tiny little bit they might actually play with dev mode off?  They're not invested in playing like the players are, they're invested in developing.  So they don't give a S#&$ about nerfs and riven dispo.  Their "vision" for the game is far more important and it doesn't matter how players are affected by that, unless there's such a mass outcry that it starts to affect their wallet.

Just look at the rare occasions when Steve plays on stream.  5 seconds in to trying to show something off he gets distracted by some artifact or lighting pop and starts wandering off, completely lost in trying to track down some minor graphical issue.  They don't play.  Certainly not like we do.

5 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

They don't play.  Certainly not like we do.

So the guy interested in lighting likes wandering off and looking at lighting... the community team streams and plays casually... and therefore nobody there plays their game? And not like we do?

You're not just mining the salt, you're snorting it.

Grow up.

On 2020-06-15 at 5:54 PM, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

If they played their own game, they would know that before release.  Most of the longstanding players can have a really good idea of if a weapon will be worth anything other than MR from just a peek at the stats during the dev stream.  It takes leveling it to 30 once to determine if the mechanics of a weapon combined with the stats make it worth using.  If anyone in that whole company actually used any of the things they release outside of devmode, they would know before hand that this weapon is too strong, or this one is too weak, or this new mod is going to be broken or just a collector's item, or "this weapon is already really strong, it should have a lower dispo."  or "We're releasing this for lower level players and it has a low MR and mediocre stats, we should give it a really high dispo."

Pick literally any 10 people off the forums to test a weapon and they could tell you in an hour if a weapon is going to be broken with a good riven or not.  Yet they don't have a clue, so they do this ridiculous thing that isn't going to solve squat.  I don't care how many of you have had such a lovely experience meeting a dev in the game.  They're not playing like we're playing.  That's why things like this keep happening.

On 2020-06-15 at 9:00 PM, Traumtulpe said:

"Playing a game", and occasionally streaming some level 50 missions with invincibility on (when they would die they get health instead, try to spot it) isn't the same. At least that's my opinion from watching the odd Devstream.

Remember when Limbo meant you could do Scarlet Spear afk? It doesn't get more obvious than that. If you "play the game", you know stuff like that.

On 2020-06-15 at 6:36 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

The representative for PS4 - DE Danielle had no clue that Archwings were missing Universal Blink or that the cost to build a railjack was too high because she didnt bother even testing the new content, blaming her ps4 for not working LMAO. The rep of a PS4 GAME COMPANY, only has access to a single PS4? 

No wonder controls are broken EVERY update. Even now I cannot use my touchpad swipes for anything but abilities, and it took them 2 weeks to hotfix the hold ability button not working

No, DE does NOT play the game like we do. But you know what they should do? Keep the test servers open for all platforms and get feedback/bug reports before launching major updates and nerfs

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

But you know what they should do? Keep the test servers open for all platforms and get feedback/bug reports before launching major updates and nerfs

Oh, not denying that. That's just base sensible.

As a point though, DE did increase the capacity of the test cluster before updating Railjack with the new functions and changes. Do you know what the most common feedback about that test cluster was at the time?

Wait for it, because it's a really telling thing about this community.

The most common feedback on the Railjack Revised Test Cluster... was that they couldn't play Protea, that they wanted to play Protea, and that they were disappointed that DE didn't give them a test-playable Protea.

There was some meaningful bug testing done there. But the players that actually qualified to be part of it were... almost deliberately contrary.

On 2020-06-17 at 3:46 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

So the guy interested in lighting likes wandering off and looking at lighting... the community team streams and plays casually... and therefore nobody there plays their game? And not like we do?

You're not just mining the salt, you're snorting it.

Grow up.

In all fairness, if DE consistently played their game half the problems we currently have wouldn't even be problems.

2 hours ago, Richeatue said:

In all fairness, if DE consistently played their game half the problems we currently have wouldn't even be problems.

Times like this, I wish there was genuinely a way to tell if people were being sarcastic through text.

Scroll up and you know my response to this. Don't be a damp biscuit.