The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Broken Codex scans

MaiNeym

11 minutes ago, MaiNeym said:

Ah, Artificer (and Nightwatch carrier) doesn't even show up in my normal codex. Only in simulacrum. So I suppose they hide those if you don't have any of the old scans.  
Not sure what the best solution is then, besides returning the event or enemies sometimes. I feel like you should be able to 100% the codex though, even new players.  

As for stalker, you can still get the normal scan from playing with new players. I was missing 1 scan as well, and what I did was replay "The new Strange" quest, finish the first mission. And then try starting the second mission on public. Only play it if another player joins. And abort if stalker didn't spawn before the end of the mission.  
The strategy behind this is that The new Strange is a requirement for the Saturn Junction, which means the player couldn't have done the second dream already, and must still have the normal stalker. Perhaps I'm lucky, but I got the stalker scan on my 3rd attempt.

Yeah. Some stuff won't show up in the codex if they're not a 'normal' enemy and you haven't ever scanned them like Artificer.

Interesting idea for Stalker, but I like my high mission completion % and bouncing on randos over and over isn't great. I've tried joining people that were on the Second Dream, but it would be Shadow Stalker. I think I did get 1 regular Stalker scan after I finished SD, but it must have been helping some random new player on a low level mission where he showed up I guess.

Maybe there should be some sort of special 'gauntlet' mission that's filled with all of the special enemies and you get dogpiled by them or something.

Any places for farming Juno Machinist Eximus (not survival on Venus, disappearing fast) or normal Juno Combas?

ED: Machinist  Eximus = simple scans Cytherean, Venus )

Edited by Kacc

В 19.08.2020 в 12:02, MaiNeym сказал:

Carabus. Try Rathuum with (Synoid) Heliocor. Repeat the mission till you have to fight against an Excecutioner Nox, and let it spawn the Carabus, then smack it with the heliocor.  

The event Carabus is different from the Carabus from Rathuum (Rathuum Carabus does not appear in codex after scanning with Synoid Heliocor), and The Grustrag Three have their own Carabus. Also about the Rathuum, Executor Dok Thul has his own green drone, which he summons after taking some damage. This drone does not appear in the codex too.

Updated post. 
Included new missing Deimos scans and organized the list a litte.  
And the Juno comba enemies can indeed be scanned by using the Ballistica Prime

On 2020-08-28 at 1:26 PM, NanoFox006 said:

The event Carabus is different from the Carabus from Rathuum (Rathuum Carabus does not appear in codex after scanning with Synoid Heliocor), and The Grustrag Three have their own Carabus. Also about the Rathuum, Executor Dok Thul has his own green drone, which he summons after taking some damage. This drone does not appear in the codex too.

ah, thanks for the info.  
No idea how I didn't complete Artificer, but got the Carabus then. Or does the old Carabus not show in simulacrum, and that's the G3 one?

hXbUxtb.pngfysfneo.png

Edited by MaiNeym

В 29.08.2020 в 18:24, MaiNeym сказал:

ah, thanks for the info.  
No idea how I didn't complete Artificer, but got the Carabus then. Or does the old Carabus not show in simulacrum, and that's the G3 one?

Both the Artificer and the Datalyst summoned the Carabus. I suppose you have complete the Datalyst scan, and the event Carabus with him.

On 2020-09-02 at 1:35 PM, SlickPrime said:

Thanks for the thread, and special thanks for the tip with Ballistica Prime!

I can confirm that Vapos Condor Dropship (NOT Elite) spawns fully scannable on Ananke.

Thanks, it's indeed fixed. I think cause the dropships that aren't hostile and only dock are unscannable, but update 29 fixed the scannable ones spawning.

• Fixed the Vapos Dropship air attacks not happening in many of the Gas City tileset levels.

They still don't spawn on IO though (tested 20 waves), and no success with getting the eximus variants either. I'll have to try the next Eximus Stronghold on Jupiter.

Edited by MaiNeym

26 minutes ago, Magnus_Eterna said:

Hm today run tons of  exterminate  sabotage rescue capture  on Jupiter   got all normal  and  1 elite  scan  ( tried steel path  still only normal variants )

Will try survival and disruption ( maybe both assasination)  to see whether they spawn normal or elite version

K, I'll remove Vapos Elite Condor dropship from the list then, if you managed to get 1 scan.  
And if you happen to find out more about which mission worked best, I'd appreciate the info :)

Edited by MaiNeym

Here are 6 locations where I found the Condors. Spawn chance is not 100%, they need maybe up to 10-15 sec to show themselves, and they won't fly away if you don't shoot them. Ballistica Prime does not work on them. You need 10 scans for Elite Condor.

https://imgur.com/a/bvPK1Lf

(sorry for russian)

Edited by NanoFox006
  • Like 3

Added old entries: Reinforced glass, 3 of the zealoid enemies (and the Datalyst & Carabus I forgot)  

16 hours ago, NanoFox006 said:

Here are 6 locations where I found the Condors. Spawn chance is not 100%, they need maybe up to 10-15 sec to show themselves, and they won't fly away if you don't shoot them. Ballistica Prime does not work on them. You need 10 scans for Elite Condor.

https://imgur.com/a/bvPK1Lf

(sorry for russian)

Thanks for the screenshot confirmation. And those are capture missions right?

9 часов назад, MaiNeym сказал:

Thanks for the screenshot confirmation. And those are capture missions right?

Yes, capture. I tried a spy mission where I could run to the 3rd vault to check all 3 "large" rooms and retreat, but most of the time they were "indoor". So capture is the best option.

23 hours ago, Zerawolf said:

MaiNeym do you find the juno slo comba and the juno sap combo ? me i find sometime in new corpus ship but when i scan it it's like i scan the eximus enemy 'ex scan juno slo comba and codex progress juno slo comba eximus 9/5 => 10/5)

It's indeed bugged to give the eximus scan instead.  

But as someone pointed out, you can still get the correct scans by killing them with ballistica prime, and then manually scan the allied specter. (Might also work with nekros shadows, but haven't tried)  

Maybe DE will fix this eventually so players don't need those workarounds, but I imagine this has a very low priority.

On 2020-09-21 at 11:22 AM, Zerawolf said:

and for the scan with juno sap slo fog comba wit ballistica primle it's work but ONLY with normal scan: find the mod kill him and scan with codex and not simaris scan

I always use simaris scanners, worked fine for me.

On 2020-09-30 at 3:01 PM, tenve773834 said:

Where did you found Juno Geminex Moa Eximus and Juno Jactus Osprey Eximus ?

Can't find them anywhere...

Has been a while so I might be misremembering. But I think I got the ospreys in a +1 hour survival. And the Geminex moa from interception mission. 

Edited by MaiNeym