Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Broken Codex scans

MaiNeym

In case anyone wants to know. Deimos Jugulus Eximus spawned for me during the fissure stage in Arcana bountie (Tier 3). Really rare though, and needs 5 scans to complete.

oV8q6GS.jpg

I no longer found the Deimos Leaper Eximus though, so I think I might have confused that with a runner eximus.

On 2020-12-04 at 1:42 AM, Lokidus_Prime said:

Blighted Maggots (they're yellow instead of pink) show up in the mist objectives of the arcana bounties, but they dont seem to have a codex entry

Added

Edited by MaiNeym
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MaiNeym said:

In case anyone wants to know. Deimos Jugulus Eximus spawned for me during the fissure stage in Arcana bountie (Tier 3). Really rare though, and needs 5 scans to complete.

Finally, one way the terrible arcane grind works in my favor.

Also this might be a wishful thinking on my part, but I do wonder how the eximus spawn is determined, i.e. whether can you farm the scan by failing to close the fissure that spawned a jugulus eximus on purpose and reopen it to get another spawn. Hope I'll find one soon.

Edited by C-60

@MaiNeymI'd be interested to hear if you (or anyone who cares) had successfully found another Jugulus Eximus spawn. I spent most of today's playtime just trying to spawn an eximus in mist bounty by repeatedly abandoning the last fissure and retaking the bounty, to no avail. 

I'm almost convinced that this is Bailiff Eximus 2.0. 

14 hours ago, Lokidus_Prime said:

The Splintrix (sentient ramsled thing) and Anu Mantalysts, Anu Pyrolyst, and Anu Interference Drones from Scarlet Spear also don't have any codex entries.

added (+ ANU BRACHIOLYST and ANU SYMBILYST)

2 hours ago, C-60 said:

@MaiNeymI'd be interested to hear if you (or anyone who cares) had successfully found another Jugulus Eximus spawn. I spent most of today's playtime just trying to spawn an eximus in mist bounty by repeatedly abandoning the last fissure and retaking the bounty, to no avail. 

I'm almost convinced that this is Bailiff Eximus 2.0. 

It's really rare yea. Just did a 4 hour run (3 iso + 20 arcana bounties), and didn't spot any.
Only found that single one so far in ~20 hours of arcana bounties I think.

Maybe there are better ways though, like the endless bounty on the surface. But not interested in doing those again atm.

I gave up trying to scan anything else, the whole system is bad. No info on enemies, pain in the ass to keep track of them, no mods or anything to at least give you a heads up in missions if they might be around etc, and is there any reward???

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (PSN)Toolriz said:

Should get some mastery imo.

No, because there are things that appear only during events that can never be scanned again. This would be unfair to people that started playing the game later and missed those events. The MR from founders items are understandable, but adding to that would be uncool.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

My problem with it is it could be much better. That an also some scans like the ships on the Jupiter map still are unscannable and some scannable items or npc’s like syndicate specters and fortuna guys are still not in it after years. Plus should provide a little mastery. Also raid scans are also still in it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2020-12-06 at 9:09 AM, MaiNeym said:

oV8q6GS.jpg

I no longer found the Deimos Leaper Eximus though, so I think I might have confused that with a runner eximus.

Added

I havent seen a lv 77, when they spawn they are just lv 66 and still no Eximus

They should give mastery per category/subcategory, with a separate category for events that is obtainable once for mastery and with a small reward for future completions.

For example, categories would be Grineer, Corpus, etc., with subcategories like Normal, Eximus, Vehicles, etc. or based on the planet they spawn on. To make events fair and rewarding, there could be an 'event' category, with each event as a subcategory. Complete one/two/three/? subcategories to get the mastery points, with subsequent subcats rewarding an item (forma, potato, riven, something). This way you don't have to be a 7 year vet to get the rewards. Also, bring those event enemies into future events or a "Simulacrum Vault" (Simulacrum for retired enemies) which allows scanning. If you want to to get picky about that being to easy, add a time gate or charge Semaris rep or require a new scanner add-on. (Example, require the legacy scanner add on that's 100k Semaris rep. Scanner consumes legacy scan charges that cost 10k Semaris rep each, but are also acquired from scanning enemies from the current event.)

Or they could have a yearly "Sanctuary Breach" event that adds a new tier to the SO/ESO menu (Steel Path Sanctuary Onslaught?) where these retired enemies spawn exclusively or in a wave after 2, 5, 10 waves. Lots of similar options.

Also, none of this completely empty undiscovered phase. Put the name and gray it out. I get the logic, but if I can alphabetize by an unknown name and have it placed correctly, all they're doing is being annoying. They can even make adding entries to the codex an active part of new updates - the update drops, you get that update summary screen, close that screen and the codex pops up and the boxes are added in some little 5 second animation an intern could make in a weekend.

There are a million improvements they could make to the codex system, but I don't see any major changes happening anytime soon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Updated. Added some new scans from the recent update:

Spoiler
  1. AXIO ENGINEER
    ORM ENGINEER
    VORAC ENGINEER

Only TARO ENGINEER spawns, no matter which proxima you goto.

s2IEzrd.png

2. ORM BASILISK
    ORM HARPI
    ORM WEAVER

Don't spawn.  

lbJK7g2.png

Instead in veil proxima you get duplicate variants of ELITE TARO BASILISK, ELITE TARO HARPI 
    FGoVZxd.png

And there are 3 TARO WEAVER in the codex. The normal, a second which is supposed to be ELITE TARO WEAVER, and the last one that is supposed to be ELITE ORM WEAVER
    iCeb21P.png
  3. Unknown
    Corpus enemy that starts with the letters "CO"

JIjJG4X.png

And removed 2 entrees, cause they seem to be solved:

Spoiler
  1. KUVA INJECTOR 
    Selectable in the Simulacrum (but doesn't spawn anything)  
    It should also be listed as OBJECTS in the codex, not under enemy factions.

tBaSTUZ.png

2. SHIELD-HELLION DARGYN? 
    Duplicate Shield-Hellion dargyn listed as corpus enemy (added since the Railjack update, but not found anywhere)

cUdH2pz.png

Edited by MaiNeym
  • Like 3

Removed unknown entree cause it's not a bug. I didn't realise that it's a Comet shard:
8hvR8lC.png

The icedrivers (random sideobjective) spawn them every minute or so, if your railjack is close enough (sub 2500m I think)  
Amesha to slow them down makes it easy to scan.
edit: I found the icedriver by restarting pluto - Seven sirens (exterminate) a couple times.

Spoiler

wjuHGNt.jpg

Edited by MaiNeym
  • Like 4

@Kacc

Can you take a screenshot of the 3 engineers in your codex? Then I'll remove it from the list. (You can upload images easily on websites like https://imgur.com/ , and then post the link)

Not sure which turret in wall you mean.

And I've found some containers that where scannable, but they looked like regular corpus containers.

12 hours ago, MaiNeym said:

Not sure which turret in wall you mean.

There is a turret that can spawn inside points of interest on the wall of a specific tile. I don't have a screenshot, but it's just labeled "Turret" and is not in the codex.

I can't seem to spawn the new Engineers outside of Taro.