The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Deep Impact - Daily Nightwave Objective - Not Working Properly

The challenge is to get it to register as completed apparently.

Seriously though. I had no issues. I went to Akkad, had some infested gather around the defense pod, did the slam and quit the mission. I'm just mentioning it since it might help to get it to register until it's fixed. Maybe it solves it for someone.

I have completed this challenge more than 10 times. Nora even makes a statement and it shows that I got the 1000 points while in mission. But I've checked progress every time I complete and come out of a mission and the "completion line" changes from looking 75% complete to only 33%. It is definitely glitched for some players including myself. Not sure if the points actually registers though. I didn't check.

I've had 2 problems with this mission.  First, in mission, when I got a 5-player melee slam suspension, I would get a +1,000 pts mission complete notice.  However, in the Nightwave progress bar, it did not complete, but it looks like the progress bar did advance.  So not sure how many times you have to do this for actual completion, maybe 10 or so.  But in any event, the in-game notice is mis-matched to your actual progress.

Second, now after the daily refresh, the Deep Impact challenge that I had eventually completed after much ado .... is no longer complete.  It shows up again, and with only one or two bar's worth of progress.  

So yeah, something is wrong with this challenge.  I wonder, if I complete it again, with it show up an incomplete again tomorrow?  Hmmm ....

Updated:  I completed a second time and snapped a picture showing as much.  Went away to do some other activities and when I came back, you guessed it, NOT complete.  Arrrrrgh!

1 hour ago, (XB1)SkinnyDogJones said:

I've had 2 problems with this mission.  First, in mission, when I got a 5-player melee slam suspension, I would get a +1,000 pts mission complete notice.  However, in the Nightwave progress bar, it did not complete, but it looks like the progress bar did advance.  So not sure how many times you have to do this for actual completion, maybe 10 or so.  But in any event, the in-game notice is mis-matched to your actual progress.

Second, now after the daily refresh, the Deep Impact challenge that I had eventually completed after much ado .... is no longer complete.  It shows up again, and with only one or two bar's worth of progress.  

So yeah, something is wrong with this challenge.  I wonder, if I complete it again, with it show up an incomplete again tomorrow?  Hmmm ....

Updated:  I completed a second time and snapped a picture showing as much.  Went away to do some other activities and when I came back, you guessed it, NOT complete.  Arrrrrgh!

Yup, same here.

Well I got a "solved" resolution on my support ticket.  It appears that since I did not have a screenshot of me completing it I will not get the nightwave credit.  I would think with this many persons reporting a problem that DE support would actually have looked into this.

I think it is truly sad that the only way we can get credit for things is to screenshot everything we do to provide proof.  Sort of suck the fun out of a game in my opinion.

So, it seems that since DE cannot put out a nightwave without at least a couple of bugged/non-functional tasks, and since their "service desk" will not respond until the non-functioning task has aged off AND since the "service desk" will not even pretend to help recover the failed standing unless you have a before and after screen shot of your standing PLUS a screenshot of the fleeting message from Nora that falsely tells you that you have completed the task that we must now screen shot before and after each NW mission we run and screenshot every  completion message Nora sends. Sound like a fun additional game mode friends? Yeah, me neither.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Th3BelovedSaint said:

A clan mate put in a help ticket on this Sunday and DE still has not even responded to it. Interestingly, this clan mate has screen shots of the task failing to register as complete and they said so in their help ticket. Deeply disappointed with support on this one.

It takes time for support to get to tickets.  With people having more time to spend on game, it's likely support is flooded with tickets.  And, their access to work may be inhibited a bit as well, due to the pandemic.  They will get to your ticket and work it when they get to it.  Perhaps it would be a good idea to have some patience and let the process play out.

Archived