Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adaptive exposure option missing and cannot turn off 28.0.6

sam686

I have recently found out that High Dynamic Range and Adaptive Exposure are no longer available. While we do have HDR available for supported monitors, we also had a separate HDR option that any player could fiddle with regardless of whichever monitor they owned, and Adaptive Exposure right below it. I can't seem to find any information as to why they were removed.

Steve just posted this, maybe you guys can make sense of it:

Spoiler

PSA: Should've warned earlier (my bad) but we retired 2008 era 8 bit rendering this hotfix. Not a performance benefit big visual detriment. Autoexposure+HDR is only path now. If you used this and lowered brightness to compensate blowouts reset brightness. Sorry for surprise!

Here are 2 things that makes adaptive exposure look bad.

1. With HDR output, adaptive exposure mostly not needed as there are no white clipping problems. On Warframe 28.0.5, I was using HDR on, HDR output on, dynamic exposure off, and works mostly fine, until the update broke or disabled the option to turn off adaptive exposure.

2. Adaptive exposure, with a short 0.1 second bright flash of light, darken to black for a long time of 5 seconds. I have 100 brightness and this flash continue to darken to black. effect intensity Reduce may reduce darkening effect, but then the fishing hotspot will then become very hard to see.

Other old topics of dynamic exposure.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1119942-semi-transparent-objectstextures-almost-invisible/
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1096372-particle-fx-affecting-adaptive-exposure-way-too-much/

With these problems, I would really like to turn off this dumb adaptive exposure.

still got the issue all my planets in star chart are all dark no nice colours anymore. soon as I get a link I'll upload some pictures. the game was always like this for me when adaptive exposure was turned ON. to get the game back to normal I turned it off and all my colours would come back, so I left it turned off. now after update its left turned on and I can't turn it off.

as soon as I figure how to link my pics I'll upload.  Can anyone give me a quick tutorial how to link pics in Warframe forums please.

From reading forum people who had this turned off after update was turned on and whoever had it turn on after update it was turned off.

Please make it go back. all my secondary colours are not vibrant anymore, when i want to paint my frame the top right light is missing, painting in the dark.

this is not anything to do with contrast nor hdr. adaptive exposure was before anything hdr

If I'm wrong so be it. but please put the option back so I can turn it off.

Nothing to do with contrast nor brightness nor hdr

It's like one of the back light bulbs as has died

I seem to have fixed my issue by completely uninstalling the game and then reinstalling. 

I haven't messed with any setting apart from correcting my resolution. All energy colours are back and the game feels alive again. I'm happy now.

Oh well it seems to have gone back the same. After changing settings to suit my system the star chart is very dark, energy has faded, cant see my scarlet emblems. My brightness and contrast are auto changing. 😞

On 2020-06-24 at 10:13 PM, cpt.macp said:

so we cant do anything now? do we have to adjust with this? 

acc to this tweet 

some old piece of s/w was producing that color effect and now autoexposure is what its gonna be 

Rip.. never really liked adaptive exposure because of the problem that @sam686 posted that comes with it. In the meantime I'm running 75 brightness and 60 contrast which at least makes the game feel less dark and muddy. Starchart is still kinda dark though.

• 1 month later...

Archived