Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shedu should be able to be used with glaives.

Krylia_Viru

Shedu = 1 handed weapon

Secondaries = 1 handed weapon

You can carry things like power cells while using the Shedu. You can do that with secondaries as well. So, naturally, you should be able to use a glaive with the Shedu if you can use a glaive with a secondary. It just makes sense, yet the Shedu can't be used with a glaive.

• Like 5

I guess the biggest problem would just be the fact that the Shedu can't be put on the left arm with its current model. They'd either have to have the model mirror when a glaive is equipped, or equip glaives in the left hand when used with it. It would be a matter of "how much work is DE going to need to put in for how much payoff" especially considering the Shedu isn't a particularly popular weapon. Sounds like something that should get a petition or whatever just to give DE a number on how popular it would be.

• Like 1

II just got the Shedu yesterday, and I really like it - but I would absolutely love it if I could use a glaive simultaneously. I mean, it can be used while downed, and while carrying an object...it seems a little silly to disallow a glaive when it has other sidearm options available. It's a Sentient arm cannon, so its main thing is that it's super adaptable, so would it really be implausible for it to be able to adapt to a left arm as opposed to a right one?

I also, in general, think that DE needs to start shifting things to the left hand (Warframe abilities, for example), since Warframes default to being righties. It creates a lot of strange animations as it is.

On 2020-06-30 at 12:10 PM, OricSharp said:

II just got the Shedu yesterday, and I really like it - but I would absolutely love it if I could use a glaive simultaneously. I mean, it can be used while downed, and while carrying an object...it seems a little silly to disallow a glaive when it has other sidearm options available. It's a Sentient arm cannon, so its main thing is that it's super adaptable, so would it really be implausible for it to be able to adapt to a left arm as opposed to a right one?

I also, in general, think that DE needs to start shifting things to the left hand (Warframe abilities, for example), since Warframes default to being righties. It creates a lot of strange animations as it is.

I have since realized that there wouldn't need to be...any actual adjustment required for the Shedu + Glaive combo.

Why not?

The Warframe's hand is still sticking out of the cannon. It's not even in a jank-looking way, so I'm pretty sure it's intentional. This would allow the same hand to use both Shedu and Glaive, thereby requiring pretty much no changes aside from adding the Glaive in the Warframe's hand, the Throw mechanic, and the Quick Combo of the Dual Wield.

(aksheduakglaivequadrawieldyesnoprobablynodefinitelyno)