Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel like this game isn't popular anymore.

ThePHiLsTeR

Just now, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Are you talking about one time, or the chat channels are consistently slow nowadays? Were you playing on your regular server and at a time where there isn't the middle of the night in that region?

I didn't notice anything unusual on PS4. 

No consistently, and i play at different times. 

considering how Protea is currently plastered in every. single. youtube ad.... I think it's just you. at this point I can't see half a video without hearing "This is Protea" every time. at this point it seems like there should be a massive increase in players if anything, because DE are goign out of their way to get Deadlock Protocol noticed.

1 hour ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

I mean... Steam isn't where everyone plays the game

We know. I'm one of those who plays on the standalone.

But hey, this ANOTHER Steam Chart Bull :poop: thread, we just wait for the usual suspects to come and do their same mating song and dance once more.

3 hours ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

I mean... Steam isn't where everyone plays the game

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

We know. I'm one of those who plays on the standalone.

But hey, this ANOTHER Steam Chart Bull :poop: thread, we just wait for the usual suspects to come and do their same mating song and dance once more.

Yes and no. Steam charts won't be perfectly accurate because not everyone plays via steam.

However, unless you have reason to believe that at least one of the following is true

- there is a significant bias of the player population represented by steam charts (ie, the type of players with specific activity periods that use steam and those that do not are significantly different)

- there is a major aggregate influx / outflux of people using steam to launch warframe 

then steam charts will still be a decent sample that one can look at. 

Just like in presidential researches, you can't really ask "everyone" which president they would prefer before the actual vote, you typically can only work with asking a "large enough sample" and get a reasonable conclusion with good confidence (95% confidence). Similarly unless you believe that the sample represented by steam charts has innate bias, it will at least be a good indicator of what is happening in wf.

Personally, I have definitely seen chats get extremely inactive at times, although I believe it might be chat servers being wonky... again. 

That being said, it likely is the case that wf's popularity is going down, or at least, we can speculate that from Leyou's (DE's parent group)  2019 financial statements ( it was an absolute eyesore)

1 hour ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

Yes and no. Steam charts won't be perfectly accurate because not everyone plays via steam.

However, unless you have reason to believe that at least one of the following is true

- there is a significant bias of the player population represented by steam charts (ie, the type of players with specific activity periods that use steam and those that do not are significantly different)

- there is a major aggregate influx / outflux of people using steam to launch warframe 

then steam charts will still be a decent sample that one can look at. 

Just like in presidential researches, you can't really ask "everyone" which president they would prefer before the actual vote, you typically can only work with asking a "large enough sample" and get a reasonable conclusion with good confidence (95% confidence). Similarly unless you believe that the sample represented by steam charts has innate bias, it will at least be a good indicator of what is happening in wf.

Personally, I have definitely seen chats get extremely inactive at times, although I believe it might be chat servers being wonky... again. 

That being said, it likely is the case that wf's popularity is going down, or at least, we can speculate that from Leyou's (DE's parent group)  2019 financial statements ( it was an absolute eyesore)

Yea exactly. I just thought it was weird the steam chart numbers are ok, but the chat activity is way down. 

As for people accusing me of being just another troll. I have played this game for 5 years now. Done everything including making a successful clan, and wrote very popular guides. So no im not just some dude passing by to troll.

Archived