Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Bounty for Steel Path Eidolons?

Loveframe

Question

Not sure if I missed something, but I can only do Steel Path Eidolons by going directly to PoE at night. Is this intedned?

If I got to Cetus first the bounty is only the old/normal one (or the Steel Path item 6 bounty) and going through the door this way will result in me going to the normal low level PoE version, even though I have Steel Path toggle on.

Is there something I missed? I recently completed all of the Steel Path (or so I thought) as I have statues of each planets, moons, void, derelict and fortress. So not sure if there was something else I needed to do?

10 answers to this question

I think its because taking on tridolons normally is timeconsuming and its to farm riven transmuters and sentient cores and the arcanes. A steel path eidolon bounty? By the time they finish the Hydrolyst the night would be over. I think it is not there because there is no point.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb Reican:

I think its because taking on tridolons normally is timeconsuming and its to farm riven transmuters and sentient cores and the arcanes. A steel path eidolon bounty? By the time they finish the Hydrolyst the night would be over. I think it is not there because there is no point.

In before people claim to solo it still and they need the "challange".

35 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

In before people claim to solo it still and they need the "challange".

And that it's still ez pz and DE needs to add further challenge because this is still just fake, artificial challenge. Also, DE must never nerf their meta gear, otherwise the "challenge" won't be worth it.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

And that it's still ez pz and DE needs to add further challenge because this is still just fake, artificial challenge. Also, DE must never nerf their meta gear, otherwise the "challenge" won't be worth it.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

I love the weird perspectives people here have on what should and shouldn't be considered viable on boss fights or really any mechanic. Any other MMO does the same stuff but somehow here it's "fake."

11 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I love the weird perspectives people here have on what should and shouldn't be considered viable on boss fights or really any mechanic. Any other MMO does the same stuff but somehow here it's "fake."

I remember Anthem during it's alpha tests, which I took part in, and fighting this "Tusk Thumpher"-like boss on the field. It was more like a good ol' bullet sponge than anything else, really, but I remember people praising it as "how boss battles should be done" and how DE should learn from it.

Granted, I did like the boss battle and I don't think ill of a bullet sponge boss here and there. So long as there's other types of boss as well, like a boss with some degree of immunity stages, a boss that is sorta weak but still challenging because of certain abilities it might have, and stuff like that. Variety is the spice of life.

I don't know about challenge itself as a whole topic, but I do think DE is doing well regarding boss variety and mission variety, at least with the latest reworked bosses and some older ones. Of course bosses such as The Sergeant are an obvious low point, but it's not like it really counts in the actual picture since it's totally intended to be replaced eventually. Even though that's the last of it I'll say on this thread before a swarm comes over me and derails it. The damn AI could use an upgrade, though.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Granted, I did like the boss battle and I don't think ill of a bullet sponge boss here and there. So long as there's other types of boss as well, like a boss with some degree of immunity stages, a boss that is sorta weak but still challenging because of certain abilities it might have, and stuff like that. Variety is the spice of life.

I suppose the Jackal update is nice tho. Not just spray and finish but wait for it to open up then hit it and finish up close.

1 hour ago, Gashslapper said:

Well, the issue with not having a bounty for at least Steel Terry means I'm always having to leave planet, which breaks squad. 

After going to cetus you can just reenter back to plains with the same group and do it again, you don't have to go to your orbiter.

57 minutes ago, saghzs said:

After going to cetus you can just reenter back to plains with the same group and do it again, you don't have to go to your orbiter.

Does that always work? Last night when I was with a party that wanted to do more we got a lvl 50 Terry after going in and out, so we ended up leaving then reforming. Maybe it was just a random glitch 😕 Didn't try more than that time though.

1 hour ago, Gashslapper said:

Does that always work? Last night when I was with a party that wanted to do more we got a lvl 50 Terry after going in and out, so we ended up leaving then reforming. Maybe it was just a random glitch 😕 Didn't try more than that time though.

It worked for me 6 times in a row in the same night.
https://youtu.be/V2p7FqovhqQ

Archived