Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is your favorite and least favorite tile-set?

I really like the (recently removed) classic Corpus ship tileset. It had a simple layout and easy to traverse, it just worked.

I hate, loathe, absolutely despise the Kuva Fortress tileset. Labyrinthine garbage that breaks the waypoint system half the time. I avoid it as much as possible.

Favourite: Kuva Fortress. Unlike the regular Grineer asteroid base tileset, which feels more like a cave network on a planet, the Kuva Fortress truly conveys how it is one gigantic fortress built into an asteroid. Plus, the tileset generally looks like a remaster of the typical Grineer style.

Least favourite: Intact Orokin Towers (Void). I find this one rather bland and boring.

This would make an interesting poll!

My favorite is probably the Void,as it's the one I know best and movement isn't impeded excessively there.  Those little cover things that pop up out of the ground are annoying, but they're not horrific.

My least favorite might be Lua right now.  I love the way it looks, but it has some of the worst offenders for bad waypoints and spawn issues.  Lua Exterminate is in a class of its own for glitchy spawn mechanics.  But Uranus sealab, Corpus ice cave, and Kuva fortress are also terrible in their own ways.  The sealab is bad because of sharkwing, which just shouldn't exist.  The ice cave is bad because of tangled pathways that disrupt enemy pathing, making excavation a chore.  And the Kuva fortress is bad for its poor optimization, invulnerable traps/turrets, and tangled architecture that exists solely to frustrate players.

Favorite: Even though I rarely go there: Kuva Fortress. Cramped, full of alternative routes, and it takes a while to learn the fastest routes. Barely any straight hallways to operator dash through, the Kuva Queen spoiled brat teasing her subjects, the awesome skybox. only thing that's missing is archwing transitional tiles like there are for Uranus.

Least favorite: Orokin derelict. I do love the map layout and the decrepit state of the ship, but it's been completely neglected in terms of texture and lighting upgrades, and even made worse over time. When it came out, it actually had good lighting, but at some point in time, when DE changed renderers around, it completely messed up the shadows in that place. Everything feels sterile, the opposite of what an infested ship should evoke.

Archived