Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The ending music of the new mission over screen has a gong that is the same as the "Mission Failed" sound

Jjackal

Same, I'm wondering what the reasoning was for adding the Mission Failed bell to the new Mission Complete music.

But the current music shows up on both failure and completion, so I could believe that it's bugged and only plays failure music.

I'm pretty sure every veteran gets that jarring "I failed?" feeling when they complete a mission right now.

I don't like it and I'm not sure I ever will if this is the new music for just Mission End.

I want my triumphant drums and chorus back, or at least remove the bell.

So many people are thinking exactly the same, but won't bother posting in forums...

Still, it's an objective fact that this sound is misplaced in that end screen, and some people would also like a volume slider (with 0 = Off) for this. And maybe the option to turn off the diorama (unless you start giving them random poses like rap-thug with a menacing look counter-dive shot for the scrawny frames, ridiculous sentai action poses for the medium ones, and Magical girl twinkling spinning shots for the heavy ones...)

and another option to automatically close it when the orbiter is loaded (and not leave player guessing "is it ok to click now ?... and now ???")

6 hours ago, [DE]George said:

We will be removing the gong from the mission recap music.

Any information about an option to turn it off altogether? I don't enjoy that overused asset. While others don't mind, i now hate finishing missions because of that.

Yeah, to be honest, the sound for either success or fail were pretty damn fine as they were. Not that I dislike the music now (that's This is Who You Are, right?), I really like that piece. But I fear hearing it so often will ultimately ruin it 😞

Yeah, I love the piece but it also feels a bit too on-the-nose and will kind of ruin the impact of the Second Dream for new players, I think. Would be far more appropriate to take some background music from the new intro cinematic they've shown last year.

Even better would be mission-dependent end of mission tracks, i.e. one for Corpus, Infested, Grineer and Corrupted... and maybe use the current one for quest missions to make them special.

DE might be limited when it comes to music at the moment without full access to the studio but I hope they do revisit this eventually and save the iconic (actually iconic) music for special occasions and story beats.

Archived