Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Cross-Save

(XBOX)KWIK SplayNose

I have been spamming it in streams and forums recently, and they need it, alot of people are unhappy with xbox and wanting to change platforms. If they dont get it by nextgen then they are gonna lose alot of players, as for the argument of it being impossible due to updates, heart of deimos and fortuna launched at the same time, and they have test server now too. There is no excuse, get it done DE. If call of duty and smite can crossplay, you should probably be able to get cross save.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)elementXGHILLIE said:

as for the argument of it being impossible due to updates, heart of deimos and fortuna launched at the same time

Fortuna did what, mate?
Let's take a look:

Spoiler

Fortuna on PC:

Fortuna on XBOne:

Fortuna on PS4: 

PC got Fortuna about a month earlier.
And you should be thankful. Consoles never had to deal with the broken elevator that made the Vallis unplayable at first...

7 minutes ago, (XB1)elementXGHILLIE said:

and they have test server now too. 

They always had these.
But test servers don't find all the bugs. That's what PC is doing, so that consoles don't have to deal with awful bugs for too long.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)elementXGHILLIE said:

There is no excuse, get it done DE. If call of duty and smite can crossplay, you should probably be able to get cross save.

Different games work differently.
There are a lot of things to figure out first...

So how about getting your facts straight before making your next post to embarrasse yourself again.

11 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Fortuna did what, mate?
Let's take a look:

Reveal hidden contents

Fortuna on PC:

Fortuna on XBOne:

Fortuna on PS4: 

PC got Fortuna about a month earlier.
And you should be thankful. Consoles never had to deal with the broken elevator that made the Vallis unplayable at first...

They always had these.
But test servers don't find all the bugs. That's what PC is doing, so that consoles don't have to deal with awful bugs for too long.

Different games work differently.
There are a lot of things to figure out first...

So how about getting your facts straight before making your next post to embarrasse yourself again.

a1KD0A6_460s.jpg

On 2020-08-18 at 5:52 PM, RazerXPrime said:

Wait, people still buy consoles?

Nintendo has sold over 60 million Switches. So yes, people still buy consoles, not everybody plays on PC.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/687059/nintendo-switch-unit-sales-worldwide/
12 million just in 2020 alone.

Imagine 1% of those playing Warframe. That's 120k potential players. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Ranagan2314 said:

Nintendo has sold over 60 million Switches. So yes, people still buy consoles, not everybody plays on PC.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/687059/nintendo-switch-unit-sales-worldwide/
12 million just in 2020 alone.

Imagine 1% of those playing Warframe. That's 120k potential players. 

Sounds better than it is. PC has 1.2 billion players, but Warframe doesn't get 1% of those. Over it's lifetime WF has about 50 million players which is pretty good, but actively playing we average about 50K per day on PC. Convert that to the 35mil switch players and you get 1458 daily players. It's pretty much a solo game from that point. Crossplay would be the only solution. I mean even PS4 players (a console that sold 3x that of the switch) are complaining that there's not that many players to play with.

If they do go for cross save I think they should only do that if they also enable cross play, because they would kill their console counterparts, because I think more people will go to PC as has been the trend for many players over the last 5 years. Consoles simply suck. I own a bunch and I never use them simply because the performance they give is meh, the games aren't unique to the consoles anymore and over its lifetime a console simply costs more than a high end PC because games go for much much cheaper.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

It's not about registered players. It's about active players. Still by far the most active players are on PC. And Switch has a very very small player count and those are even split over regions. From reading other comments on the forums there's even nearly dead regions with Cetus or Fortuna being completely empty.

If cross save is enabled then I wager a lot of console players would switch to PC. Hence why I'm promoting cross play.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

It's not about registered players. It's about active players. Still by far the most active players are on PC. And Switch has a very very small player count and those are even split over regions. From reading other comments on the forums there's even nearly dead regions with Cetus or Fortuna being completely empty.

If cross save is enabled then I wager a lot of console players would switch to PC. Hence why I'm promoting cross play.

You're not promoting anything by spreading wrong information. And reading comments from a disgruntled minority of the minority that is the forums isn't the same as having actual information about what's going on with any given platform. Heck I even saw on dude claim that warframe doesn't have 1% of 1.2 billion PC gamers. Can you imagine the sort of people who just make up nonsense figures out of thin air like that? Insane I tell you. 

If you want cross play, go convince all platforms to allow DE to do it. 

31 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I guess it's too much to ask for people to understand the difference between registered players and active players.

And too much to insist that people produce actual numbers to prove their claims instead of stuff they just made up, when they realize that they got called out. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And too much to insist that people produce actual numbers to prove their claims instead of stuff they just made up, when they realize that they got called out. 

Oh of course I made it all up. Please hop back to fairy land.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

I’d like to add that switch may have a small player base but it’s far from being dead tho. Chats and many game modes are active daily the only time it’s truly dead is late at night western time.Lots of players have trouble finding other people simply because they don’t use recruiting chat.

I merely commented that a smaller playerbase may be negatively affected by cross save as people that now have a Switch may want to move to PC. I know a fair few people that have PS4 accounts that stopped playing and don't want to play on PS4, but want to play on PC but currently don't do this because they would have to start over.

I can't find anything about the number of active players on Switch that's why I used the calculation to extrapolate the active players compared to PC.

22 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I merely commented that a smaller playerbase may be negatively affected by cross save as people that now have a Switch may want to move to PC. I know a fair few people that have PS4 accounts that stopped playing and don't want to play on PS4, but want to play on PC but currently don't do this because they would have to start over.

I can't find anything about the number of active players on Switch that's why I used the calculation to extrapolate the active players compared to PC.

Provide. Your. Evidence. 

24 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I’ve seen and met people that use to be on PC and migrated to switch it gose both ways.

Archived