The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! Ɨ

Archgun cooldown

Sweg178

I have one better. REMOVE the Archgun cooldown timer altogether, set the Archgun to retain its ammo between casts and leave it up to the player if they want to summon their Archgun with 25%, 50%, 75%, etc. partially filled ammo. In short - if I fire half my ammo and pick up a Datamass, I can then drop that Datamass and pull out my Archgun still with half its ammo. If I want more Archgun ammo, I would have to unequip it, whereupon it will start regenerating ammo while I use other weapons.

6 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

I have one better. REMOVE the Archgun cooldown timer altogether, set the Archgun to retain its ammo between casts and leave it up to the player if they want to summon their Archgun with 25%, 50%, 75%, etc. partially filled ammo. In short - if I fire half my ammo and pick up a Datamass, I can then drop that Datamass and pull out my Archgun still with half its ammo. If I want more Archgun ammo, I would have to unequip it, whereupon it will start regenerating ammo while I use other weapons.

it's balanced based on the Profit Taker fight, where it first appeared and the way you get the gravimag normally unless you want to pay plat.

9 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

how about ... archgun ammo pad ..doesnt matter if a little costly but should be a thingĀ 

17 minutes ago, Sweg178 said:

how about ... archgun ammo pad ..doesnt matter if a little costly but should be a thingĀ 

Getting ammo is easy, enemies that use archguns drop archgun ammo, and most ancients drop them, on top of eximus units in normal missions

Alternatively Protea can give archgun ammo

There used to be an ammo economy in game where u could run out of normal ammo, but new players complained

There used to be armor on enemies not just steel path, but new players.complained

There used to be end game mission that rewarded prime parts but new players couldn't do it

The reason ur running out of ammo, is because it fighting enimies that don't drop ammo, Wich spawn at the 20 min mark in missions

Alternatively there is ammo chain and carriers ammo mod that both increase the maximum archgun ammo

My archgun has 2500 bullets

Ā 

Ā 

5 hours ago, Sweg178 said:

PleaseĀ reduce archgun cooldown šŸ˜žĀ 

Why?
Do you know, for example, that in real life, if you continually fire a heavy machine gun, the barrel will heat up and melt? This isn't real life, so you have a cooldown, in order that the archgun won't break.
The cooldown should be just the way it is. More so, if you actually LOOK at what you're doing instead of keeping your finger on the fire button, you won't run out of ammo and wait for a long reload/cooldown.

Almost every game I've played has some kind of cool down on a weapon. Accept it and get used to it - OR - don't use the Archgun. Problem solved.Ā 

8 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

it's balanced based on the Profit Taker fight, where it first appeared and the way you get the gravimag normally unless you want to pay plat.

I'm aware, yes. My argument is that that's a bad design. DE themselves already had to alter it radically within a few days of releasing it, cutting to cooldown from 10 to 5 minutes and then further reducing the cooldown for unused ammo when the gun is recalled. This whole thing has the feel of runaway feature creep, where DE started out thinking it would be cool to use Archguns but ONLY in the Profit-Taker fight, then slapped together a half-ass implementation of it for the rest of the game which didn't work well outside of its intended event structure. It's why a further change gave us Archgun Ammo Box drops from Eximus units later down the line.

What I'm proposing here is trimming the fat and removing the concept of a "cooldown" entirely. Limit our Archguns by ammo alone by only letting us reload them by unequipping them. Yes, that would allow us to rapidly equip and unequip the weapon, which I see as a minor downside. Yes, it would help the likes of Arcane Tanker, but that's a GOOD thing. Arcane Tankers right now are disincentives from actually USING their Archguns beyond the initial summon because that puts the gun on a cooldown. Letting them use the gun and STILL be able to call it on demand would only be a benefit.

This gives us an Archgun which is still balanced well enough for the Profit-Taker fight since the cooldown doesn't really factor in there to a significant extent and still balanced by its summon/unsummon animtions, while also being relieved of basic usability issues (the ability to pick up objects briefly, accidental unsummons and such). I'm fine with large, heavy, slow, unwieldy weapons. Hell, I wish Warframe had more of those. Archguns aren't really that, though. What they are is just inconvenient, and they really don't have to be.

The original idea suggested that archguns could be equipped instead of primary and secondary weapons. Unfortunately archguns are very weak against some primary and secondary weapons, so I think this concept has failed.

This is how we could use archmelee with melee and other equipment. It will be cool, but weak.

Archived