Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path drops suggestions

(PSN)draco_86

I know this has been a subject and brought up multiple times. But its disheartening to survive on Ganymede on the Steel Path and have the same drops as the regular missions.

Steel Path is designed for players of end game, correct? Why not offer items end game players need? Yes I know redesigning the drop tables is time consuming, and with the new update on the horizon impossible, but what if you just implement a cache reward pool for all planets within the Steel Path. It would add to the drop with something end game players could use besides 250 endo. Maybe a fully made Forma or catalyst, Maybe even bosses could drop 1 hour boosters in lieu of warframe pieces.

Also the drop tables need touched up because at this point there is no point to staying longer in endless missions except for the difficultly. Adding the cahce reward for each round might help.

Just my two cents, thank you

4 minutes ago, Syln said:

Would be nice but warframe never shined from the rewarding side sadly so don't put too much hopes on that idea.

Seems unfinished honestly. Id hate it to be another neglected project *cough*conclave*cough. I liked the idea behind it, may reason I go back to Diablo from time to time. But without challenge and reward you get bored quickly

vor 16 Minuten schrieb (PS4)draco_86:

I know this has been a subject and brought up multiple times. But its disheartening to survive on Ganymede on the Steel Path and have the same drops as the regular missions.

Steel Path is designed for players of end game, correct? Why not offer items end game players need? Yes I know redesigning the drop tables is time consuming, and with the new update on the horizon impossible, but what if you just implement a cache reward pool for all planets within the Steel Path. It would add to the drop with something end game players could use besides 250 endo. Maybe a fully made Forma or catalyst, Maybe even bosses could drop 1 hour boosters in lieu of warframe pieces.

Also the drop tables need touched up because at this point there is no point to staying longer in endless missions except for the difficultly. Adding the cahce reward for each round might help.

Just my two cents, thank you

Drop tables need to be adjusted but steel path has nothing to do with the endgame topic. How many times does DE need to tell us this before we believe it? Steel path is a gear check, not endgame.

Steel path is more rewarding but in terms of enemy spawns. More enemies means more loot, on top of that there is a drop chance booster innate.

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

Drop tables need to be adjusted but steel path has nothing to do with the endgame topic. How many times does DE need to tell us this before we believe it? Steel path is a gear check, not endgame.

Steel path is more rewarding but in terms of enemy spawns. More enemies means more loot, on top of that there is a drop chance booster innate.

By end game I meant you can only play once you reach complete everything. Maybe I could have choosen a better word but in all due it is an activity for people who have completed everything. It has a nice challenge feel but lacks in payout. 

13 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

As I already said in a few other topics, higher level doesn't equal higher difficulty, so you don't really deserve more loot there.
There is a small affinity increase due to higher level + innate booster and they are more than enough.

No it's not more than enough.

There is so little incentive to run Steel Path that you'd lose literally nothing from not completing its star chart. You get the same loot in normal missions, the only difference is you can get Steel Essence as a 2% chance drop from eximus enemies which you can use to buy cosmetics. That's pretty much it. There's also the kuva, but that's the only real incentive you have if you're gunning to create a god-roll riven.

What other reason is there to stay on the Steel Path once you've purchased the cosmetics?

1 minute ago, Dark_Lugia said:

nice, 3 different text fonts XD
unknown.png

problem is everyone defines "endgame" different...

and some point you dont need any more potatos and even forma is kinda limited since you can only build one every 23hr

True, I was shooting for the formas that drop from the music room which are Fully Made ones. Although it was just an idea. I figured it was better than endo. 

il y a 20 minutes, Pizzarugi a dit :

No it's not more than enough.

There is so little incentive to run Steel Path that you'd lose literally nothing from not completing its star chart. You get the same loot in normal missions, the only difference is you can get Steel Essence as a 2% chance drop from eximus enemies which you can use to buy cosmetics. That's pretty much it. There's also the kuva, but that's the only real incentive you have if you're gunning to create a god-roll riven.

What other reason is there to stay on the Steel Path once you've purchased the cosmetics?

The thing is Steel Path have been designed for people who want a bit of challenge, not for people who want more loot which is justified by higher difficulty.

Overall, Steel Path is the same game exept it provide more resources for the same time if you play well, so it's straight better if you can do it without effort and that's actually where it's smart. This is better if you can do it, but the little increase make it not worth playing for players who can't, so it's not the go to option for everyone, it is only for experienced player.

If you had more reward, it would become the only way to play because it's more efficient for everyone, but it would be frustrating for less experienced player because it's not balanced for them and it might be unfun.

3 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

The thing is Steel Path have been designed for people who want a bit of challenge, not for people who want more loot which is justified by higher difficulty.

I don't see why this can't be achieved at the same time as making something more rewarding. You know, for the players who are well-equipped. 😛

6 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Overall, Steel Path is the same game exept it provide more resources for the same time if you play well, so it's straight better if you can do it without effort and that's actually where it's smart. This is better if you can do it, but the little increase make it not worth playing for players who can't, so it's not the go to option for everyone, it is only for experienced player.

This is debatable. If you're getting more rewards if you can clear enemies in Steel Path as quickly as you would in normal, wouldn't that also translate to greatly improving your resource gain there as well? If your weapon is capable of tearing through enemies with 250% life and defense, you'll annihilate the enemies who are as weak as paper in normal which would wind up giving you more loot.

11 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

If you had more reward, it would become the only way to play because it's more efficient for everyone, but it would be frustrating for less experienced player because it's not balanced for them and it might be unfun.

Given the games I've played in the past and what I still play today, this seems like normal difficulty progression to me. Kill enemies, get loot, get stronger, kill stronger enemies, repeat. 😛

1 hour ago, (PS4)draco_86 said:

Steel Path is designed for players of end game, correct?

Let's DE answer this:

7vAuuO4.png

Whoops. It's clearly not endgame! And it's not intended to give better loot for it makes people the need to play SP to get a better effiency.

It is just a +100 Levels with extra modifiers to make it "harder". On top we got some Booster

à l’instant, Pizzarugi a dit :

This is debatable. If you're getting more rewards if you can clear enemies in Steel Path as quickly as you would in normal, wouldn't that also translate to greatly improving your resource gain there as well? If your weapon is capable of tearing through enemies with 250% life and defense, you'll annihilate the enemies who are as weak as paper in normal which would wind up giving you more loot.

It's not necessarily true. If you deal enough damage to kill in let's say, 0.2s but one enemy spawn every second, if steel path enemies take 4x time longer too kill have spawn at the same rate, you will kill one enemy every second exept the drop increased resources.

I used the spawn rate as an example but there are more : time based reward, cinematics, movement speed,  necessity to kill at all, overkill, status and armor that don't linearily affect the ttk, etc...
At the end, increased health doesn't mean equally increased time to kill, and on top of that, Steel Path have increased enemy spawn, which mean more loot per second even in enemies didn't have increased drops.

Archived