Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: New Challenges Problem

nogi187

You did it again DE.. you released new challenges in warframe but not on steam (yet) so anyone who completes the new challenges now, will unlock them in warframe but will be permanently locked out for those on steam (when they are released there).

I am already affected by this with the "Joyride" achievement, where even the warframe support team has no way of helping out, because they can not reset ingame challenge progress, according to them (opened 2 tickets on that and they say they can't help).

My buddy (also a completionist) is scared to play the new update with me because he does not want to fk up his steam profile too. He'd rather wait until the steam achievements are released and just then start with heart of deimos...

It is one thing to create issues like this. Sh!t happens, due to various reasons, we all know that. But if even the official support team can't help your players with fixing these problems, than that is really messed up.

I know there may not be many who really care about this, but Warframe is my showcased game in Steam and I present it with pride on my Steam profile:

cOcff1M.png

When MR30 is coming and we will finally be able to unlock the last achievement, my Steam profile will forever show an incomplete achievement progress for Warframe, which for a completionist is just unacceptable.

You should value your veterans who are usually more or less the completionist type I'd assume.

Also I am not alone on this:

Really easy fix just make another account to trigger the achievement on steam if you're a proper achievement hunter you would have done that already for Joyride.

I'm the same so I'm just waiting till the new challenges are added to Steam before I even start Deimos even though they all look pretty easy too avoid doing.

11 часов назад, Burgenpils сказал:

Really easy fix just make another account to trigger the achievement on steam if you're a proper achievement hunter you would have done that already for Joyride.

I'm the same so I'm just waiting till the new challenges are added to Steam before I even start Deimos even though they all look pretty easy too avoid doing.

not working for joiride. Thx but  wouldnt create 3rd

13 hours ago, Burgenpils said:

I'd prefer for the developers to provide a proper solution to a problem they created. I'd also be perfectly fine with redoing the challenge in my account, even though the challenge itself is just pointless flying around the plains.

What I refuse to do, is creating new accounts or using third party tools to fix issues that are not my fault. Besides, those 2 things are not fixes, they are workarounds and abominations on that end.

And then you have those poor guys like @Kacc who is even a founder, who went the extra mile to try one of those workarounds, creating a second account to redo the challenge there, which then still did not help. People are struggling here @[DE]Rebecca, veterans, founders ! Some help would be greatly appreciated.

They could literally just create something in the options that would fix this. It would just be a 'Check Challenges with Steam' and all it would do is query your steam account to check if all your challenges have unlocked there. Wouldn't be hard to implement and would fix any future issues as well.

i'm curious to ask given the case DE won't be able to fix this, or provide/keep the fix consistently, would you rather the achievement not existed in the first place or satisfy if DE remove it ?

as far as i know, completionist mindset only suppose to be an initial hook, not an end point to strike for from the view of developer.

On 2020-08-31 at 5:27 PM, FireSegment said:

i'm curious to ask given the case DE won't be able to fix this, or provide/keep the fix consistently, would you rather the achievement not existed in the first place or satisfy if DE remove it ?

as far as i know, completionist mindset only suppose to be an initial hook, not an end point to strike for from the view of developer.

It would be totally ok if the problematic achievements in steam were just removed there. The "forever incomplete" status is what ticks me off.

I could even understand that point of view on the developer side, yet they can not ship something that does not work, even if it wont be used much anyway. Unintended bugs/issues always happen, but they have to be fixed. Leaving us hanging, just because it is an issue on Steam and therefore not directly related to the game, is bad form. With that attitude, it would be far better and more honest, if they did not release any new achievements on Steam at all.

P.S. DE would be absolutely capable of fixing this, its just the support department that can't do anything about it, because they do not have that much access (supposedly).

On 2020-08-28 at 6:46 PM, (XB1)dude1286 said:

They could literally just create something in the options that would fix this. It would just be a 'Check Challenges with Steam' and all it would do is query your steam account to check if all your challenges have unlocked there. Wouldn't be hard to implement and would fix any future issues as well.

This is the best solution, and as proven many times by various indie developers - incredibly easy to implement. It is baffling that DE continues to ignore this issue after years of reports from concerned players. Steam achievements are an important aspect of gaming for many. We feel neglected and some of us are genuinely scared of touching Heart of Deimos at all, as mentioned by other people in this thread. Please consider this if you ever want to add more achievements on Steam.

The way I had to get around the Joyride achievement not working specifically was to make a dummy account and get all the way to the Plains as fast as possible with my steam account newly linked to the dummy. Waited a week after to switch it back, but it did get it done.

Kinda dumb to think that's one of the ways around it when it'd likely be an easy fix if DE noticed it happens often.

Also noticed that immediately on HoD's release, new challenges got added to the Profile screen in game (which are still blank for me even though I've completed them at least 5 times over), and they don't exist in Steam either. Goes to show they don't put a lot of thought into these.

• 2 months later...

Archived