Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's 3rd & Helminth

AreeSoothsayer

I don't use her heal much, but you'd also lose the ability to recall her when downed and have to wait for her timer. I'd hate to lose that second Animal Instinct and my speed boost for so long! Still, yeah, what I expected and probably less painful than giving up Ensnare. 

17 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Khora's 3 only offers her more control over Venari, it's not what causes Venari to exist.

When a venari dies, it is the ability that displays the spawn timer, and it is the ability you use to ignore that timer. Therefore, I conclude that venari is not a passive ability, because it is the 3 ability that provides all the stages of life and the mechanic of venari. This is the same as saying that wuclon or wisp flowers are passive abilities.

On the other hand, there is some uncertainty here that DEs should consider separately (at least prohibit such abilities from being removed from the set). Khora doesn't get a lot of influence on this, but Nidus and Grendel have a lot to lose if they remove their 1 ability. If the ability damage got rules, then they are definitely needed here too. But I don't think a cat should function without ability.

3 hours ago, selig_fay said:

When a venari dies, it is the ability that displays the spawn timer, and it is the ability you use to ignore that timer. Therefore, I conclude that venari is not a passive ability, because it is the 3 ability that provides all the stages of life and the mechanic of venari. This is the same as saying that wuclon or wisp flowers are passive abilities.

Again, Khora's 3 allows her to manipulate Venari, but Venari exists with or without ever pressing 3.

What you're saying is the same as Wuclone joining you in battle without any manual input,
or Reservoirs just popping into existence every now and then on their own.

33 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

an idea

Ah, do we really need more instances of Fashionframe having gameplay effects tho?

Just give us a selector thingie right there in the Arsenal for which mode / form you start with, and not just for Venari,
but also e.g. Chroma / Equinox / Vauban / Ivara / weapons with multiple firing modes, and whatnot.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:
2 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

an idea

Ah, do we really need more instances of Fashionframe having gameplay effects tho?

Just give us a selector thingie right there in the Arsenal for which mode / form you start with, and not just for Venari,
but also e.g. Chroma / Equinox / Vauban / Ivara / weapons with multiple firing modes, and whatnot

Not a bad idea, but it's a reply to that thread, not this one 🙂

Archived