Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth feeding costs way to high for some.

Joezone619

3 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

This statement is missing the point. Some resources are fine, some are not. Example, Bile:

• 3 Argon Crystal, easy.
  • 15,000 Copernics, whaaaat? Hell no.
  • 3,000 Cryotic.. mmm... definitely not (unless you an excavation fan). 
  • 5 Deleted Thermia, only if you do major Vallis farming.
  • 1000 Fresenels, no.
  • 400 Isos, lol no.
  • 40 Morphics, sure. Cheap.
  • 50 Therma sludge, okay.
  • 10 Somatic fibers, I play distribution occasionally, since its lunch. I only have 87, so... no.

Even though there are 10 resources in the list, you probably only end-up using 3-4. All the other ones are unreasonably expensive. The prices should put resources on equal footing, depending on their rarity. Not use RNG for determining the pricing. 

it's how it was designed to be, the cost efficiency scales from "super easy" to "super hard". you are supposed to invest the easy resources first and move on to the harder ones

5 hours ago, Traubenzuckr said:

it's how it was designed to be, the cost efficiency scales from "super easy" to "super hard". you are supposed to invest the easy resources first and move on to the harder ones

Why would you move to the expensive ones? I need the expensive resources for other stuff and all I need to do is wait to use cheap resources again. Do you really think I will use 10 Somatic fibers instead of 3 Argon? And for what? Not waiting 1 day. I would be dumb if I do. Clearly this is not working as intended. 

8 hours ago, Kefirno said:

Cryotic is the one I have the biggest problem with because excavation is trash and I can't imagine ever having surplus of cryotic.

I don't personally do it (and already have the expensive to build with cryotic stuff done) but I know there are people that run excavation specifically for getting relics with the cryotic being icing.

8 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

I don't personally do it (and already have the expensive to build with cryotic stuff done) but I know there are people that run excavation specifically for getting relics with the cryotic being icing.

I do that a lot. But the main problem is that usually there just are no Excavation Fissures available. They are not very common. Or at least not as common as I'd like them to be.

Someone already ruined their economy after feeding 4 million rubedo. The costs are actually too high. Especially since there's no return policy if you make a mistake, the system currently does brick accounts by ruining your resource economy. I'm surprised DE tweeted out they're not changing these costs. I think DE is just blatantly stating they don't really consider players as any level of concern in their decision making.

That said, DE will continue to give us broken toys for us to cut ourselves with

2 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Right, but 3000 Cryotic is 30 Exacators, not factoring in Resource Boosters. Unless DE ran the numbers and figured people have been running thousands upon thousands of Excavators, I don't really see this as reasonable. I get that this is "for Veterans," but an economy balanced solely around resource stockpiles is doomed to failure. What happens when those resource stockpiles run out? What happens when new veterans arise WITH the Helminth as part of the game? Am I just jaded here? Does 30 Excavators for just one feeding sound reasonable to you guys?

3 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Right, but 3000 Cryotic is 30 Exacators, not factoring in Resource Boosters. Unless DE ran the numbers and figured people have been running thousands upon thousands of Excavators, I don't really see this as reasonable. I get that this is "for Veterans," but an economy balanced solely around resource stockpiles is doomed to failure. What happens when those resource stockpiles run out? What happens when new veterans arise WITH the Helminth as part of the game? Am I just jaded here? Does 30 Excavators for just one feeding sound reasonable to you guys?

Or you can do 3 argon, which is 10-15 minutes of Mot. Ya... these costs are not well thought through. At all.

12 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Why would you move to the expensive ones? I need the expensive resources for other stuff and all I need to do is wait to use cheap resources again. Do you really think I will use 10 Somatic fibers instead of 3 Argon? And for what? Not waiting 1 day. I would be dumb if I do. Clearly this is not working as intended. 

you would move to the expensive ones because you've used the cheap ones and want to speed up the process. you can speed it up that way but not too much.

7 hours ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Or you can do 3 argon, which is 10-15 minutes of Mot. Ya... these costs are not well thought through. At all.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, as well. The other day, I needed Argon for... Something. Probably Hydroid. I went on a mission and got 15 of it in about 15-20 minutes - with a Resource Booster, granted. That seems MUCH easier than most of the other crap in that category.

Archived