Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ruk Strikes Back!

[DE]Megan

We're supposed to "keep the balance in the galaxy" by picking a side, right?

On the one-hand, you have the Corpus using Tenno cryopods, quite likely dissecting and experimenting on our own people. On the other, you have the Grineer annexing Corpus territories (fine, they deserve it) because... they were left out on the Tenno dissection (I redact my previous statement).

So... we're supposed to side with guys who want us dead either way, so that the winner between the two can keep the cryogenically-frozen defenseless bodies of our actual allies to stick sharp objects into in the hopes of learning how to defeat us?

I understand why we're getting involved, but why aren't we just pushing them to kill each other and sneaking in to steal the cryopods from under their noses?

Hm...

Difficult, difficult.

Siding with EITHER side will undermine (what I assume is) our goal of bringing peace to the solar system/galaxy.

Alad V and his mad schemes are a huge force for strife and chaos, what with his CONSTANT agitation of the Grineer and all.

But it certainly wouldn't be good to help the Grineer expand their tyrannical fist over the rest of the Solar System...

Also, when did Sargas Ruk get the authority to do this? This seems like it would either be under the domain of Vay Hek or The Queens themselves, not Ruk...

Ah crap and now we have the situation where the choice which side to support is really becomming important.

Problem is still that we have too little knowledge about the state of the Solar System to really determine how much of this is trash talking and how much the Grineer would be really capable of conquering the rest of the solar system.

Maybe Steve should create a lore map. A static image of the solar system showing the spheres of influence

Also, when did Sargas Ruk get the authority to do this? This seems like it would either be under the domain of Vay Hek or The Queens themselves, not Ruk...

Remember, Ruk is one of the high ranking fleet commanders of the Grineer and also an artifact hunter. Which means that when it comes to finding Tenno in cryo sleep he would be the most likely to not only learn about it, but also have the necessary fleet to quickly interfer with any Corpus operations.

I assume he was close with his fleet and intercepted the communication by Alad V so hearing about undiscovered Tenno he would be interested in keeping these for himself and cut out the other high ranking Grineer commanders.

Edited by Othergrunty

Pfft, all that armor means nothing to lasers.

Also, jesus Grineer...
Didn't you take economics? If you take out the Corpus, or even attempt to take them over via force, the loss of easily two thirds of trade and production in the solar system would be...an ungodly blow to the system's financial well being. Wasn't that the whole reason we helped the Corpus in the first place?