Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa's Peacemakers (4) - Extremely effective DPS, but fundamentally flawed and not fun

DeLawrence

En 7/9/2020 a las 19:25, DeLawrence dijo:

they are so boring to use

En 7/9/2020 a las 19:25, DeLawrence dijo:

Why not have the Peacemakers be exalted moddable revolvers

Because exalted weapons are so original. What's the difference between Exalted Peacemakers and dual revolver secondaries? You are sacrificing a skill slot for a third weapon. Doesn't matter if they are very strong.

If the problem is that peacmaker is OP, then balance it. if it's a problem the fact that they resemble more a machine gun than revolvers, change how they behave with Fire Rate so players can choose between high or low rate of fire. But don't change what doesn't need to be changed.
And before even talking about balancing Peacemaker, we need to talk about the state of the game, and how balance is all over the place.

If the problem is something so subjective as "it's not fun", then don't use her.

While I admit the idea of having a pair of hand cannons that clear in a small cone and have huge punch through sounds particularly cool and something i'd engage with I wouldn't force that upon Mesa.  Mesa is vary not engaging yes.  But I don't think that's a problem.  I personally run her augment that lets her walk in her 4 because of the extra interactions.  At the same time it's VERY satisfying to literally draw your guns and hose bullets down range onto a single target and just watch them evaporate.

I'd absolutely support a push for another gun slinging type frame that plays markedly different than Mesa to serve as a contrast.  Think how Protea is a more aggressive and supportive version of Vauban.  This other frame could be more of an agility/dexterity based gun master that relies on dirty tactics and what not.  Mesa would exist as a bullet hose DPS monster that hunkers down and can defend.

New frame would be mobile bursty style user that offers more to gameplay than just clearing adds.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally like how mesa plays.

I find frames like ember and nehzha and mirage and excalibur to be yawn fests and not much fun in fact i can name more....

Why?

Because their powers are not only lackluster but not very effective.

Sure they look neat but in a real combat just how much do they do?

I think the after game reports kind of show what is working and what isnt.

The peacemaker is a great power....its a turret ability and no other frame has it.  You get a reticle that shrinks as you shoot things.  Very easy concept to master and use. You get a mod that lets you move with it.  Why change it?  The arguments so far for the changes have no proofs but more about what they think which is wrong.  It makes me feel like a gunslinger other powers not so much at all.

The other powers on mesa are not the greatest as their durations and usage are a bit lackluster. 

Like for example the power to get hit to build up something to use one a single next attack to give it basically double damage just doesn't sit too well with me...i have yet to see its usage to be good....you should never have to spend the entire game trying to set up a power...this game is meant to be played not waste time.

The actually bullet shield while useful has a fairly short duration and i found alot of things hit right through it....i suppose if you like to constantly press the button and waste energy every 15 seconds to 30 seconds....then its a great power.

The power that bounces around to each party member a buff is also iffy in my opinion.

I really don't see it changing other players damage or effective much at all....as for what its supposed to do....with defenses...i just am not seeing that working a lot either.

I guess go ahead and change the power like the people on this thread want...and you will see people no longer play the frame.

Just like with what happened with ember....people liked the area of effect damage on a toggle.....a few people like on this thread tried to claim it wasnt good....and it would be better with something else....and...well now you have a frame that isnt played much.

I think people will notice which frames are not played much.....and if DE is paying attention to their own metrics they can see it too.

Personaly i think the bullet shield should change to a toggle bubble  effect that is more effective the more players that are inside it.

i think the first power should be a single player buff that you can cast on your self or other player that increases attack speed and as the power times out it should increase damage.

I think the bouncing around buff should just buff the team...and the closer they are to the mesa the bigger the buff they get.

But you know...thats just my opinion....i am basing that off of how i think things should work and off of other games i have played aside from this one.

Bu the 4th power should stay the way it is...it works good..it is definately what makes the mesa what it is...

You can change it...but seriously if ember is not a good enough example....not sure what will be.   

On 2020-09-07 at 7:18 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So you want turn Mesa into a worse DPS frame because you don’t find Peacemakers even remotely enjoyable.

No.

Ohh the irony here is tasty, I agree.

The frame works perfectly fine her 1 needs work but to be honest the rest of her kit is so good 1 dud ability is fine. Honestly OP idea would be how DE probably intended you to use her 1 get a high powered semi automatic with punch through for high powered single shots. 

1 hour ago, Kaiune said:

Ohh the irony here is tasty, I agree.

The frame works perfectly fine her 1 needs work but to be honest the rest of her kit is so good 1 dud ability is fine. Honestly OP idea would be how DE probably intended you to use her 1 get a high powered semi automatic with punch through for high powered single shots. 

The intention for the ability is fine. The problem is the damage buff it gives being capped makes it practically useless for that intended use.

If it was uncapped then you would basically have a guaranteed 1-shot of a single enemy that requires build up. That’s honestly more than fair.

Archived