Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Vs Grineer: Tensions Are Rising!

[DE]Megan

I feel that this "choosing side" deal has no advantages to the Tenno themselves. Ignoring the "Grineer FTW" or "Corpus are better". Either way it comes down to these two conclusions :

1) The Grineer win, they gain more territory thus being more powerful and a bigger threat than they were before. Thus disrupting balance. Also with the possibility that they would get the cryopods...

2) The Corpus win, we maintain the balance, but doom our fellow Tenno brethren in the hands of the Corpus...(think human experimentation, or whatever we Tenno are) Ending up disrupting the balance anyway because the Corpus may learn something after that...

If things went my way(which is probably not gonna happen and just a personal opinion), defend the Corpus from the Grineer assault while assaulting the Corpus ourselves until we successfully retrieve the cryopods.

I agree. Maybe we can steal some corpus tech when we get that opprotunity.

I SIDE GREENIEER! i want my own lancer squad after it! also

if grenieer wins, our fellow tenno, in worst case will end up killed, or a fate worst than death... become a HOSTAGE! and lossing its intelect... wich we can easy rescue as daily basis

if Corpus wins, our fellow tenno in worst case will en up become a tenno-corpus hibrid stalker elite, because face it, corpus are smart enought to turn those tennos against theyr brothers instead of outright kill them, and reverse-engeenieer out armors. so FAR if corpus win, in the long run things will look grim

as i see, our long best shoot is side with the brainless soldiers instead the greedy machines

after seeing all this discussion, I ended up making an analogy...just out of curiosity

Looks like we are like the Four Horsemens of the Darksiders:

- we try to keep the balance between factions ( Angels and Demons / Grinner and Corpus)

- we are powerful characters ( Nephilim / Tenno)

- we have an entity that gives the orders ( Council / Lotus)

- we can use meele, ranged weapons and some skills

- we can use some ninja moves (well... at least, Death can use it)

- has a 3° faction that causes a mess wherever he goes (Corruption / infested)

if look even more, even Nekros can be considered a distant relative of Death, because both have some necromancer skills

inspiration is real or was it just coincidence?

I think the 2° option

people is not thinking

greener wins, we lose (they grow too powerfull to be dealt with)

corpus wins, we lose (they get their hands on cryopods for some twisted project)

no one wins? no one grows too powerfull and no one get their hands on cryopods, so BALANCE, that's what this event is about

Not to be cheep, but why not send some of the more elite Tenno to guard and then extract the cryopods, while the rest simply keep the Corpus/Grineer front stagnant until the cryopods are extracted. By the time that the pods are extracted both factions will have beat on each other enough that we can grab some of the territory for ourselves. Or at minimum annihilate all those that are on the front lines through setting up the battles and by direct attack. It will weaken both the Corpus and the Grineer significantly. 

This does not have to be an either or question. 

people is not thinking

greener wins, we lose (they grow too powerfull to be dealt with)

corpus wins, we lose (they get their hands on cryopods for some twisted project)

no one wins? no one grows too powerfull and no one get their hands on cryopods, so BALANCE, that's what this event is about

Actually from the description, if we help the Corpus it seems we get at least some of our Tenno back. So at least with Corpus we somewhat win.

Actually from the description, if we help the Corpus it seems we get at least some of our Tenno back. So at least with Corpus we somewhat win.

Well, it sort of implies it, but it doesn't quite say it.  It says if we fight for the Grineer, Alad gets the cryopods, which doesn't entirely make sense.  I think there's a typo or two in there somewhere.

I've come to the conclusion that I will be fine if I can choose a side on a per-battle basis.  If I have to choose a side for the entire campaign (unless it's to always fight for the losing side), I'll be sitting this one out.

Edited by QuartzBear

So either we fight for the Corpus or the Grineer gain more power. Yeah, that's not really a choice. The Corpus are more likely to make a rational deal anyways.

Corpus are supposedly known to sell their stuff to the highest bidder. Chances are, if we help them, we gain enough trust to 'buy' back some if not all of the Tenno.

Other than that, I'm assuming there was a typo in the OP. From the looks of it, on a profitable perspective, Grineer are the worst choice otherwise.

Don't care for both side , waiting to know about rewards from event and if it effected be the side you chose...(i pick the side that have the best reward for me).

This is why you are Hunter and They are Masters. <3

Edited by Deevon