Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ensnare Is Ridiculously Good.

NanoVega

1 hour ago, (NSW)Reason said:

The problem is that having too much energy is not a good thing. Having excess energy is a waste of a mod slot/stat you could use elsewhere, i.e. strength or duration. It's a balancing act where you want to always have just enough energy to do what you need to do and move on. Excess energy with energy orbs sitting around means you could have been stronger in another stat.  Dispensary is perfect since you can adjust how many energy orbs you get with strength or duration.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_Conversion

Ensnare is absolutely not better than Larva. they serve two different purposes. Larva is a control Ability primarily, that does that via CC.
Ensnare has control like features, however that is not the entire purpose of it.

Larva is for moving Enemies to a location of your choosing, whereever that might be. and in organized sessions, can do so as infinitum with only the Cast Animation limiting how much you can control the Enemies and how many you can control.

Larva also grabs and moves all of the eligible Enemies instantly, without propogation delays. i generally do not see the propogation delay of Ensnare as a non issue, however it's definitely an efficiency note to keep in mind when comparing to Larva.

Ensare is great. but Ensnare is not Larva.
they are two different Abilities for a reason.

On 2020-10-04 at 2:54 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Ensnare turns Zephyr into a nuke.

So, in the Simulacrum there was/is a pathing bug

• Esnare+Zephyr - you got my attention
  • Simulacrum - you lost my attention
  • was/is a bug - you disqualified your post

So many people spend way too much time trying to sell Simulacrum demos - be advised that some of us lose interest at that point. Add to that, when you start talking about a bug as a good thing, that's an exploit mentality.

Sorry if I misrepresented your post at all, since I didn't read any further it's quite possible.

31 minutes ago, Canach said:

Sorry if I misrepresented your post at all, since I didn't read any further it's quite possible.

Yeah, you really did miss out by not actually reading.

You took the background context and skipped without reading the main content. Shame on you. Shame. Shun the non-reader.

This build takes what was a bug in the Simulacrum and makes it functional behaviour in the game.

I even summed it up with the statement that I've tested it on multiple runs on Steel Path Mot for viability. It nukes level 145+ with Ancient Healers in the mix, and the buffed resistances from the SP mode, and I've not actually found the damage limit on it.

Archived