Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's WAY past due to remove the lasers from Void Defense due to YEARS of trolling.

Buttaface

Just lost an arbitration that was 10+ rounds and going very well due to a troll lasering the objective/hostage. It had to be that because the objective was at full health with no nullifiers, butchers or heavies in the area. Regardless if that was the cause of the mission fail, trolls try to hit/kill teammates in about 50% of the missions on that tile IME. It's not fun or cool or some kind of mechanic to "work around," it's just pure trolling, plain and simple. Just another item to add to the "no money for you, DE," after buying plat and supporting the game regularly in the past. 

Why has this been allowed for so many years? Would be a simple fix.

14 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

Just another item to add to the "no money for you, DE," after buying plat and supporting the game regularly in the past. 

Why do people post stuff like this? DE isn't going to cave on anything because they want your money. It comes off as petty. Don't give them anymore money if you are not happy, but nothing is accomplished crying about how you are doing it other than to look entitled.

28 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

Just lost an arbitration that was 10+ rounds and going very well due to a troll lasering the objective/hostage. It had to be that because the objective was at full health with no nullifiers, butchers or heavies in the area.

"I think 10 waves of Arbitration is a big loss, also I wasn't paying any attention at all to the objective when the mission suddenly failed, must be someone else's fault."

vor 11 Minuten schrieb SpicyDinosaur:

Why do people post stuff like this? DE isn't going to cave on anything because they want your money. It comes off as petty. Don't give them anymore money if you are not happy, but nothing is accomplished crying about how you are doing it other than to look entitled.

Because those people are the problem, deciding with there wallet, growed up with games where your money means something because you are lucky having rich parents apperently and not you know, make and playa good game, those people are spoiled, simple as it is.

On the topic itself, you know the map, you know gow it works, not want "trolls" the make a premade group, you know where the lasers go and how they move, avoid them, easy as it is. Bulletjump over it to collect loot if that is the problem.

You are the same people who cry and claim all Limbos are trolls. I am not that type but "learn to play" here fits, the issue is on you here. Yet people act like this is "unintented" or a bug or exploit, just because peopel abuse it not means it should be removed, we have far more urgent issues, like Rivens, Lichs, etc honestly. But this, a map where you have to use more then two braincells supposed to get removed because it is "to hard to fail quickly due "trolls"".

10 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Because those people are the problem, deciding with there wallet, growed up with games where your money means something because you are lucky having rich parents apperently and not you know, make and playa good game, those people are spoiled, simple as it is.

On the topic itself, you know the map, you know gow it works, not want "trolls" the make a premade group, you know where the lasers go and how they move, avoid them, easy as it is. Bulletjump over it to collect loot if that is the problem.

You are the same people who cry and claim all Limbos are trolls. I am not that type but "learn to play" here fits, the issue is on you here. Yet people act like this is "unintented" or a bug or exploit, just because peopel abuse it not means it should be removed, we have far more urgent issues, like Rivens, Lichs, etc honestly. But this, a map where you have to use more then two braincells supposed to get removed because it is "to hard to fail quickly due "trolls"".

Plus, this mechanic is vital to me, personally, at the least. How else am I going to troll my boyfriend anytime we end up playing on this map? 

I will be really sad if DE rotates out the lasers from Void tileset, my first & fondest memories from warframe is messing around with the lasers as a newbie with my friends, making new ones & so on around these terrifying things. Sorry you lost the mission but there's many ways to work around these things today, if you know the lasers are hard to handle for you, you can prepare for it by picking items to let you block the laser or move the operative?
The lasers are already neutered with our massive EHP pools we have now & shieldgating they're hardly threatening whatsoever. I don't think DE should delete them even from the Defense/Interception tile. If anything the game needs more traps, not less. Kuva fortress ones are boring because there's no player control to take advantage of them, they're hardly threatening & half of them are immune to dmg sadly.

So yeah, I'm definitely for keeping these old lasers. Add more defense tilesets though, especially the old double-defense tilesets with 2 rotation rewards per rotation if your team was good enough to defend both.

18 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Why did you reply then? Apparently you cared enough. Was your reply "crying" about my opinion? Is it "entitled" of you to avoid the actual thread topic in favor of a tangent? Did you have anything to say about the actual topic? or simply the off-topic tangent? Yeah.

18 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

"I think 10 waves of Arbitration is a big loss, also I wasn't paying any attention at all to the objective when the mission suddenly failed, must be someone else's fault."

I think someone doesn't understand the difference between an "example" of something that has been going on for years and a specific claim about a specific instance only. Sorry about that, I truly am.

The objective was insta gibbed, full health one second, mission failed the next, the exact moment after some troll hit the lasers. The -only- reason I didn't post that it was certainly the laser is because I didn't actually see the beam cross the objective, just saw the beam, then saw the mission fail simultaneously. But it was the laser. So did you have anything remotely intelligent or responsive to post, or just the inanity you in fact posted?

18 hours ago, Navarchus said:

Sorry you lost the mission but there's many ways to work around these things today, if you know the lasers are hard to handle for you, you can prepare for it by picking items to let you block the laser or move the operative?

"Picking items to let you block the laser?" Really? No. No there are no reasonable ways to block all the lasers or move the objective on that mission. As DE has taken measures in the past against restricting the objective, that might even be exploitative. Wouldn't that be ironic, getting banned for exploiting to prevent trolling they should have done something about years ago.

3 hours ago, Buttaface said:

Why did you reply then? Apparently you cared enough. Was your reply "crying" about my opinion? Is it "entitled" of you to avoid the actual thread topic in favor of a tangent? Did you have anything to say about the actual topic? or simply the off-topic tangent? Yeah.

lol okay

12 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I like the laser. I'd like it to stay. You don't really need all the edges to be rubber-coated in a game, do you?

I don't like mechanics in any PvE portion of a game to allow players to troll other players, "rubber-coated" or any other inaccurate description of trolling.

I like trolling. I troll my friends and do my best to make trolling harder for them.

I have no interest in trolling randoms who won't see me again or who'll put me on ignore if I troll them.

Failing a mission due to a random troll is so rare, it's a welcome refreshment from a stagnant grind.

If anyone is concerned with ill-mannered trolls, do keep your Shadowplay on. If someone has hurt you so much that you believe they shouldn't be allowed to play anymore, report them. Link the clip. Warframe's moderators are known to be ruthless and ban appeals are known to be ignored. At least you'll save other butthurts from suffering the same fate.

In the meantime, I'd like to chime my voice in to "Don't remove the lasers.". A game clean of every unintended "feature" is less fun. Games are supposed to be fun. Having your fun ruined from time to time makes people appreciate the successful times more. Otherwise, it's just a boring grind.

Archived