Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Subsuming onto Limbo

Althaline

So, I learned today that Limbo is exempt from the whole "abilities going through the Rift" thing. I can understand why you would do this, but I definitely feel cheated out of an interaction that should have worked. I didn't see anything that would indicate things would work differently specifically for Limbo.

EDIT: Further testing and other posts in this thread have shown that it is only some abilities that are exempt. Why this is the case, I cannot be sure.

2 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

So, I learned today that Limbo is exempt from the whole "abilities going through the Rift" thing. I can understand why you would do this, but I definitely feel cheated out of an interaction that should have worked. I didn't see anything that would indicate things would work differently specifically for Limbo.

What powers don't work through the rift? I haven't encountered any yet.

The ones I used so far are Smite, Thermal Sunder, Firewalker, Pull, Reave, Pillage and a few more non damage ones. They all worked fine.

EDIT: I haven't tried this because I don't have the augment but I heard Firewalker works fine through the rift but its Augment Pyroclastic Flow won't damage things through the rift. I assumed this is a glitch because the Firewalker flames work fine through the rift.

Just now, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

The ones I used so far are Smite, Thermal Sunder, Firewalker, Pull, Reave, Pillage and a few more non damage ones. They all worked fine.

That's good to know. I've only attempted Fire Blast so far, but I could do further testing (I already subsumed Shuriken onto a different build).

5 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

EDIT: I haven't tried this because I don't have the augment but I heard Firewalker works fine through the rift but its Augment Pyroclastic Flow won't damage things through the rift. I assumed this is a glitch because the Firewalker flames work fine through the rift.

Fire Blast. (Ironically, I noticed this on Inaros (where I subsumed it) after a Limbo put me in alongside Loid in an ISO vault)).

As to what I put on Limbo myself, Reave works from the Rift, though it definitely doesn't shine well in my exisitng build. Still a nice option to heal yourself from the Rfit or dash back to a Cataclysm.

On 2020-09-22 at 12:15 AM, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Fire Blast needs line of sight. Are you sure nothing was blocking the target?

These are what I used on Limbo.

-snip-

Tbh I'm glad you made this video.  Limbo is probably the most interesting Frame to mess with this system.  He has a lot of cool options that you wouldn't think of.  Yet his subsumed ability only has one good interaction that i'm aware of.  I love Limbo and if I still played he'd become my most used frame with the helminth system.

Archived