Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Latrox bounty bonus is pretty much impossible

MobyTheDuck

I really hope the devs start playing the game more, because they "fixed" the wrong part of what makes this bounty so terrible.

The problem before was with enemies not spawning if a drone was still alive in a corner of the map or some enemy got stuck inside a rock and the drop rate of the samples, but now you cant do the bounty on a slightly higher level without the drone getting obliterated by a Juggalo's death frisbee from the other side of the map.

And on a second note, fix Juggalos. Taking 600 damage from slash/gas procs from a barely visible, tiny attack that blends with the orange/brown terrain, that they can just spam isnt fun.

7 minutes ago, MobyTheDuck said:

And on a second note, fix Juggalos. Taking 600 damage from slash/gas procs from a barely visible, tiny attack that blends with the orange/brown terrain, that they can just spam isnt fun.

Juggalos are by far the worst enemy design in the entire game. No weakspots, viral and gas immunity and then they deal enough bleed damage in a single tick to kill most casters in the game in a single tick.

57 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Juggalos are by far the worst enemy design in the entire game. No weakspots, viral and gas immunity and then they deal enough bleed damage in a single tick to kill most casters in the game in a single tick.

That's more than just a stretch of a statement. They're not even the worst standard enemy on Deimos, let alone the still-abysmal vault Mechs (which I'd say is a non-standard enemy) or anything in the rest of the game.

BallSaxum can shoot endless salvos of functionally invisible silent-but-deadly lingering fart bombs from fully 100m away, especially when they get up on an elevated ledge and decide they aren't shifting from there to try their other move of teabagging you. I'm not even sure Jugulus stay aggro that far without going dormant or re-positioning themselves. Walking Scrotes are also fully status immune; the 'fix' to make them vulnerable once you pop the legs doesn't seem to actually have done anything of the sort.. and by the time you get those precision shots it's on death's door anyway. And, of course, they have innate damage reduction. At least with Jugs you do standard damage and can hit some useful status.

OP's title is also a stretch. I failed it once because I didn't notice the change. Came close a couple of times, but still succeeded every subsequent attempt. It's not impossible. It's as terrible a change as OP says, though. Feels like the enemies are even more miserly with the sample drops than before, but that could be because I'm no longer free to wander around picking off ones that are hiding, for fear that a fresh wave will come nuke down the drone.

It wasn't mentioned in the patch notes at all, so I can only assume hope it was someone's idle what-if experiment that was never meant to be pushed to production.

Latrox Une is killing my desire to do bounties, since its so slow and BORING, the spawn rate is is low, the sample drop rate is lower, and the fact that they changed the bonus to one that is practically auto failed on higher tier is not helping that.

If this was an attempt to make the bounty harder, it failed terribly at it, they should've just made the spawn rate better

2 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

let alone the still-abysmal vault Mechs

That indeed. It's a matter of the lack of visual feedback. Taking damage doesn't count if you don't know where it's coming from. The Jugulus can spawn on top of the Infested biomass while shooting its bone glaives near silently. The Deimos Saxum at least a perfect enemy to fight against like Noxes and even the Aerolyst.

On track, but I have made suggested changes to improve Latrox Une's bounty overall:

4 hours ago, MobyTheDuck said:

I really hope the devs start playing the game more, because they "fixed" the wrong part of what makes this bounty so terrible.

The problem before was with enemies not spawning if a drone was still alive in a corner of the map or some enemy got stuck inside a rock and the drop rate of the samples, but now you cant do the bounty on a slightly higher level without the drone getting obliterated by a Juggalo's death frisbee from the other side of the map.

Imagine being a car manufacturer and you don't even test your vehicles before you sell them to people for them to drive on the road. At least we are the "testers" for DE since we are basically their free manpower for the heavy lifting bits in bug testing to make sure things "work as they intended". 

5 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

BallSaxum can shoot endless salvos of functionally invisible silent-but-deadly lingering fart bombs from fully 100m away, especially when they get up on an elevated ledge and decide they aren't shifting from there to try their other move of teabagging you

I have been wondering about this - In doing the assassination bounty I was constantly taking 100 points of damage every second from an unknown source while fighting the Bull Saxum and it didn't stop until the thing was dead. There were no procs on my HUD and there were no clouds in the air or goop on the floor, I thought I was losing my mind or some new bug had shown up. This sounds like the same problem the Toxic Ancients originally had for eons where their burp attack had no cloud? I don't know why it took so long to get that specifically fixed but I'd think DE would... not let that happen again?

Archived