The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why can’t the host kick people out of the squad while in the orbiter?

(PSN)SouthSideSwanga

8 hours ago, Yagamilight123 said:

With that insanely stupid argument in mind DE dont need to fix any bug because there is a work around most if not all bugs ....

Is it stupid or is the player who is dumb enough of not using his head? 

1. This is not a bug. 

2. This is called plan ahead. 

3. This is common sense. 

19 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Your brain is working pal ?

Yep. It always works. Even when I'm sleeping. 

... plan what ahead ?

Your strategy of selecting carefully your friends. Or selecting your clan where people are serious playing without those issues. Or people who is mature enough helping each other. 

The phrase is quite elementary. "Plan ahead". See? 

that other player its not gonna be what you asked to be ?

Then you do not know your friends quite well. Simply do things solo, trade or join a clan.

, you need to have some supernatural ability to read minds or see the future ?

Or just common sense. 

2eba21e638de86e127d4e6ccc1d3a809.jpg

15 hours ago, (PS4)SouthSideSwanga said:

I know people say it gets abused, but I don’t see that actually happening or anything different happening if it’s added.

that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. it does, I've been kicked in other games for choosing a certain character, or simply because I'm the only person not in a clan, and thus get voted against by the clan. 

The thing that makes it annoying is when they just do stuff like selecting another mission or going afk without saying anything.

that's why I leave after the mission is done, unless I'm the one wanting to play another mission with that group. you complain about people lingering, but why are you lingering yourself?

The only way to get rid of them is migrating the host and reforming the squad, which is exactly the same as kicking people.

not quite, as there's a certain toxicity associated with kicking. if you drop the group, it can be for any number of reasons, and it's more socially acceptable. kicking directly just ends up making the person being kicked salty and then you can end up with more toxicity, as unless you block them as well, they can still message you.

If you’re gonna say something like I shouldn’t do public matches if I don’t want randoms, then reread my post more thoroughly. 

it's true though. you cannot possibly expect 100% of teams to be people you like that play efficiently in a way you like. that's just not gonna happen. the only way to guarantee success from your POV would be to either Solo or recruit a specific kind of player, and even then, there is still a small chance of not getting the kind of person you want. the more people are added into the mix, the greater the chance for failure statistically, that's just math. 

also bear in mind that you need to look at it from both sides of the fence: everyone wants a kick system, but how would you feel if YOU were kicked simply for your choice of frame or weapons, or something else? not given a chance to plead your case, just booted. guarantee you'd be back here saying how BS it is that you got kicked for no reason, as would most people who want a kick system... but only as long as they're doing the kicking.

OP clearly is talking about kicking after+before missions, yet everyone else responds as if op asks to kick mid mission, op even clearly states their intention later, and same thing.

Clearly people aren't reading.

There's nothing wrong with kicking in orbiter. Inviting people doesn't even prevent issues, and honestly, this is where kicking is most useful. Having the host leave to re-invite because of one person is honestly silly.

39 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

OP clearly is talking about kicking after+before missions, yet everyone else responds as if op asks to kick mid mission, op even clearly states their intention later, and same thing.

There's nothing wrong with kicking in orbiter. Inviting people doesn't even prevent issues, and honestly, this is where kicking is most useful. Having the host leave to re-invite because of one person is honestly silly.

we don't want kicking in this game, period. 

If there are other alternative, better. We don't want here Destiny 2, Destiny 1 or CoD snowflake drama queen episodes of toxicity in this game. 

Very easy to understand. 

8 hours ago, Invoky said:

. If you add the kicking feature, some people will definitely abuse it.

Kicking from the orbiter is essentially the same as reforming the squad without the person you would have kicked and yet there doesn’t seem to be any issue. Any abuse would be minimal. 

But if a simple sortie mission, people can get compulsive about it. What do you think people's attitude will become if you give them the power to kick?

If you do poorly because you brought low level weapons, then they’d disband the squad and go on to the next one without you, which has the same effect as kicking you and I don’t see there being a different issue. If you’re doing really well despite having low level weapons and they kick you, then they’re idiots and you’re better off finding a different squad. 

If you care about your teammate's setup, GO TO RECRUITMENT

Recruitment chat fails pretty frequently. There’s been countless times I’ve had to reform squads because one of the people I recruited isn’t prepared. Tbh I think recruiting chat is more likely to be abused by trolls than the kicking option. I can see more people joining random squads through it and purposely not having what the squad wanted just so they can make people have to disband and reform than someone getting kicked for laughs. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I that's why I leave after the mission is done, unless I'm the one wanting to play another mission with that group. you complain about people lingering, but why are you lingering yourself?

It’s not lingering if I’m the host of the squad. 

not quite, as there's a certain toxicity associated with kicking. if you drop the group, it can be for any number of reasons, and it's more socially acceptable. kicking directly just ends up making the person being kicked salty and then you can end up with more toxicity, as unless you block them as well, they can still message you.

If people are gonna get salty, then don’t have the game tell them they’re kicked. Have the game tell them the host left and the squad disbanded. 

it's true though. you cannot possibly expect 100% of teams to be people you like that play efficiently in a way you like. that's just not gonna happen. the only way to guarantee success from your POV would be to either Solo or recruit a specific kind of player, and even then, there is still a small chance of not getting the kind of person you want. the more people are added into the mix, the greater the chance for failure statistically, that's just math. 

also bear in mind that you need to look at it from both sides of the fence: everyone wants a kick system, but how would you feel if YOU were kicked simply for your choice of frame or weapons, or something else? not given a chance to plead your case, just booted. guarantee you'd be back here saying how BS it is that you got kicked for no reason, as would most people who want a kick system... but only as long as they're doing the kicking.

I wouldn’t mind being kicked because so many people play it’s easy enough to get another squad. I know newer people not as good as me and who can’t solo 99% like I can of the content wouldn’t like being kicked, but I also know that they’ll appreciate that feature more as they get closer to my and most other vet players skill level. 

1 hour ago, Yamazuki said:

Thank you. It’s even in the title of the post that I only want kicking in the orbiter. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)SouthSideSwanga said:

You don’t want kicking and a few other people don’t either, but me and a few people do want it. 

Pick another game. 

You are not the majority. I will oppose tenaciously against vote kick. I've seen what it does to other communities and how such option is used as retaliation. 

Sorry but no. 

2 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Pick another game. 

You are not the majority. I will oppose tenaciously against vote kick. I've seen what it does to other communities and how such option is used as retaliation. 

Sorry but no. 

You can’t say that with 100% certainty though. Maybe the majority of people who regularly use the forums don’t want it and that’s why so many people oppose it on here, but that doesn’t necessarily represent the majority opinion of the people in the game. I don’t see much difference in reforming the squad vs kicking. I also don’t see why adding the option will suddenly make things extremely toxic. Raids in games can make for pretty toxic behavior  if they require very specific setups, but this game had a raid that required a very specific setup and the raiding community on here was pretty chill. The toxicity was pretty low. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)SouthSideSwanga said:

You can’t say that with 100% certainty though. Maybe the majority of people who regularly use the forums don’t want it and that’s why so many people oppose it on here, but that doesn’t necessarily represent the majority opinion of the people in the game. I don’t see much difference in reforming the squad vs kicking. I also don’t see why adding the option will suddenly make things extremely toxic. Raids in games can make for pretty toxic behavior  if they require very specific setups, but this game had a raid that required a very specific setup and the raiding community on here was pretty chill. The toxicity was pretty low. 

Hence vote kicking IS NOT needed. 

2 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Hence vote kicking IS NOT needed. 

Nothing in this game is needed. All the updates and content de has added isn’t needed, but then warframe would be basic and boring and far less successful if that wasn’t done. Fixing bugs like lephantis becoming unkillable or not getting the chroma bp from the quest weren’t needed as there’s ways around them, but would you want de to keep those in the game because there’s ways around them? I don’t think you’d want those to stay, even though they barely affected the games success and popularity while de took their time to fix them. You’d want de to fix them so farming nekros didn’t take an unnecessarily long time and so you didn’t have to buy chroma with plat.

It’s the thing same with kicking from the orbiter. It’s something people want and not need because it avoids inconveniences. Having to reform squads as the only option leads to a bunch of small, but completely unnecessary inconveniences, even though it works too. Neither kicking or reforming are perfect, but kicking is more convenient and that’s why people want it. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)SouthSideSwanga said:

Nothing in this game is needed. All the updates and content de has added isn’t needed, but then warframe would be basic and boring and far less successful if that wasn’t done. Fixing bugs like lephantis becoming unkillable or not getting the chroma bp from the quest weren’t needed as there’s ways around them, but would you want de to keep those in the game because there’s ways around them? I don’t think you’d want those to stay, even though they barely affected the games success and popularity while de took their time to fix them. You’d want de to fix them so farming nekros didn’t take an unnecessarily long time and so you didn’t have to buy chroma with plat.

It’s the thing same with kicking from the orbiter. It’s something people want and not need because it avoids inconveniences. Having to reform squads as the only option leads to a bunch of small, but completely unnecessary inconveniences, even though it works too. Neither kicking or reforming are perfect, but kicking is more convenient and that’s why people want it. 

Fact: Vote kicking can become an abusive retribution, cause drama between players and become toxic. 

DE said no. 

Just now, Felsagger said:

Fact: Vote kicking can become an abusive retribution, cause drama between players and become toxic. 

DE said no. 

I never even mentioned vote kicking and it’s not vote kicking if it’s the host doing so de hasn’t said no to that. Try paying more attention when you read what I write. 

The fact the OP is disagreeing with everyone who doesn't agree with having an system that will be clearly abused, really proves the point that an Kick System should NEVER be a thing. So meny people have requested this, the Answer is still and always will be NO.

This will never happen OP, Get over it and move on.

6 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

The fact the OP is disagreeing with everyone who doesn't agree with having an system that will be clearly abused, really proves the point that an Kick System should NEVER be a thing. So meny people have requested this, the Answer is still and always will be NO.

This will never happen OP, Get over it and move on.

I just looked up host kicking in the orbiter and I’m literally the only person who has ever asked. I’m disagreeing with people because the only counter argument they have is that it will get abused and become toxic, which I don’t see happening on the scale they claim it will.

Also if kicking people is so toxic, then why can people be kicked from clans? People can disband and reform clans just like they can with squads, so if you don’t want someone in your clan, then just delete it and reinvite everyone you want to keep. Sure it’s inconvenient because you have to rebuild everything and research everything again, but that’s what people should deal with because kicking people from clans is toxic and could get abused.

2 hours ago, (PS4)SouthSideSwanga said:

I never even mentioned vote kicking and it’s not vote kicking if it’s the host doing so de hasn’t said no to that. Try paying more attention when you read what I write. 

Kicking in any form is a problem. 

Period. 

I totally agree. Unfortunately people on Warframe are extremely gelous of their control on the game. Anything and I mean ANYTHING which dictates how they should play or what they can do or not will always be seen as repuslive. I think they realize that kicking you out or disbanding the party to reinvite others without you is the same exact thing, but they simply cannot accept that "someone" could have that power over them. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)SouthSideSwanga said:

Me and everyone in my clan and on my friends list disagree. 

Speak for yourself. 

It doesn't matter if you disagrees. It was proven that such kicking option caused drama in many other games. We don't want drama in this game. 

Period. 

9 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I totally agree. Unfortunately people on Warframe are extremely gelous of their control on the game. Anything and I mean ANYTHING which dictates how they should play or what they can do or not will always be seen as repuslive. I think they realize that kicking you out or disbanding the party to reinvite others without you is the same exact thing, but they simply cannot accept that "someone" could have that power over them. 

True and it’s funny because they’re telling me how I should play. I’m saying I shouldn’t have to disband and they’re saying I should have to disband. I think that kind of thinking is also bad for the game because if nothing changes, then nothing improves. Maybe kicking is a great idea or a terrible idea, but we’ll never know if people instantly reject it without even considering the possibility that it could be a good addition. 

33 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

It was proven that such kicking option caused drama in many other games. We don't want drama in this game. 

Period. 

The kick option from party is present in almost every online game on market since ages, and was always an effective tool to manage team interactions. I don't really know what you're talking about neither what you're saying is "universally proven".

Archived