Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are there such arbitrary walls in the game?

Dashkatae

Make your own clan, my borther and I made one and now we are slowly moving towards the pirgments farm since we finally finished the hema research and we finished them all (the avaible ones). Totally worth it, the clan chat is personal for us and a few selected friends, we have everything we want, we have a personal trading post and so... Making your own dojo will seems to be hard at first, but if you just play the game, you eventually will have everything. Also, the mutagen samples farm was destroyed as meme when deimos went live. So more easy then :)

7 hours ago, Dashkatae said:

But that's not in game though.  One shouldn't have to constantly go outside of the game in order to find all of this info.

If you don't want to go outside of the game in order to have the knowledge required to play it, Warframe may not be for you.  I am in no way exaggerating when I say that playing Warframe in any kind of vaguely proficient way requires wikis, YouTube videos, and forums.  DE's focus tends to be on content and not accessibility.  I've been playing this game for years and every single day I find myself in situations where opening up the wiki is the best solution.  If you genuinely want to play Warframe, that's a bitter pill you'll have to swallow.

clans have always been nothing more than blueprint vendors, a feature that could easily be bolted into your foundry in your orbiter, the "feature" is simply there just so they have a tick in a box, they "have" a clan/guild system, they can say their game has this feature even though its utterly worthless and has been from day one with no attempt to make them relevant for anything but decorating, because that takes minimum effort on their behalf.

9 hours ago, Dashkatae said:

The big one that I find frustrating is that a lot of progress is stymied not with pay walls but with whether you're in a clan or not.

This is easily fixed by creating a “Digital Extremes” universal clan that is available to anyone as long as you meet whatever arbitrary requirements set to join. For all plat forms. Could even use one of the many empty rooms at a relay. 

My brothers and I started in a good, active, large clan.  So had access to Ignis Wraith without trading, things like that.  Later, that clan's activity requirements changed to needing very frequent logins to not get a kick.  This may have just been a temporary roster cleanout measure, not sure, and anyway it's certainly their right to do so.  Not a problem for me, but it was for my brothers.  To be fair, one of them would have and should have gotten kicked eventually anyway as his super rural internet is unusable for Warframe these days.

My other brother and I decided to found our own clan.  Which my brother gave one of the stupidest names I could have imagined, but oh well.  And, that name aside, we've been very happy with that.  It's cost a few resources, but it's been a fun project to work on together.  We started it not long before Railjack launched, so we were in a good position to add the Dock immediately.  And we're already set up and ready to go if our brother's ever able to come back or any of our other friends join the game or something :)

With the exception of Ignis Wraith, which many players are still happy to give away free, you can get just about everything through your own Ghost Clan.

I do agree that some things which are locked behind clans probably should not be.  But it's not too bad to set up your own Dojo with a minimal setup of rooms, if you're not wanting the full social experience of a large clan.  It helps a lot to have a friend or 2 along, but it certainly can be done solo.  You do need a decent number of forma, but between us we already had a fair number on hand so it wasn't too onerous.

If you're wanting the big social clan experience, the resources for that are here on the forums.  Not ideal, but certainly not nothing either.

13 hours ago, nslay said:

So many players want to reinvent the wheel and farm for Hema... and they want you... to join their clan.

I have a clan of few people we started years ago, somewhere around the release of the game I guess. Even with Deimos update, Hema still not done XD. Thats pretty brutal, 5-7 years for one item. Granted we didnt specifically farm for it except on few occasions until we realised its pointless. Now Im the only member left. 

But at least with a little effort it can at least be finished soonish now, even by myself. But now that theres no reason to keep the clan so small (friends only) I might open it for public and make them my mutagen slaves. 

Archived