Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Legit builds

I saw a thread where a person used some bugged build and apparently got banned for 15 years for doing too much damage. I find this disturbing because sometimes i see orange crits for about 700K even without activating any abilities on my frame.

I know some frames can buff damage, i also have smita kavat, so i can potentially produce orange crits reliably, or even red crits with smita buff maybe? Anyway, assuming we're looking at around 4 mils damage done per few seconds, is it going to get me banned until 2035 or not? Where is that limit that i can not cross?

Any ideas?

WF has an auto-detect feature that suspect players for all sort of weird reason. Few years ago I was banned for a few days. After contacted the support, they claimed that my account triggered the ban because of my hardware change - even though I didn't touch hardware on that PC. They did unban right away afterward.

As long as you didn't exploit or do anything breaking the rules, they will most likely unban you.

Pretty sure it's not the damage that matters, it's the resources gathered in the short time span that triggers any condition checks, doing damage might increase the chances of it looking like you are cheating though. 

I know people that have hit damage caps in the past without issues, 

I have also known people that got banned cause their smeeta was being too charming with the resource buff. 

As long as it was not intentionally abused and published for monetary gain most bans get lifted after contacting support.

5 hours ago, Talinthis said:

idk. with khora i have done ~11 million damage on a single target for over a year

At the end of the year was the target dead?  Or are you still, even now, slowly, tortuously, tickling it to death?  

Note to self: do not piss off Talinthis.

There is no ban for doing too much damage.

I have myself done missions in the past where most of my hits were the visual damage cap of 2.1bil and even a mission with bugged bloodrush where you could reach actual damage cap of negative 2.1 bil.

That person is not telling the truth.

7 hours ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

I mean, Banshee can reach the limit of the 32-bit calculations they use for damage, and I have a few times on Deimos since its release yet my account is intact.

That thread you seen is definitely omitting a some details about where that damage was done, how, and such, and so forth.

6 hours ago, saghzs said:

There is no ban for doing too much damage.

I have myself done missions in the past where most of my hits were the visual damage cap of 2.1bil and even a mission with bugged bloodrush where you could reach actual damage cap of negative 2.1 bil.

That person is not telling the truth.

This is blue crits, right?

Okay, this makes sense. I did remember blue crits and now i'm in a more peaceful state of mind, thanks guys, i appreciate this.

The blue is just means the damage was done to shields, there's nothing special about it otherwise.

But yeah, 2,147,483,647 is the limit, go over and and you basically divide by zero the enemy out of existence. It's not really useful, practical, or meaningful in basically any content within the game, but it's funny to see it pop up once in awhile nonetheless.

Archived