The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Wield

AreeSoothsayer

Why can't we just dual wield any single handed weapon? The sheer variety and combination of weaponry used at the same time would breath fresh life into pistols and melee. 1h sword & Shotgun, Beam & Pistol, Matchet & Ballistica. Mix and Match however we like. Not just Glaive and Pistol.. makes little sense for it to be just that combination.

I believe they promise us back then that we'll be able to wield Nami Skyla(machete) with a gun, But all we got is glaive and gun.

I do want to equip 2 different pistols like furis and viper.

So +1 on this!. 

10 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

sheer variety and combination of weaponry

Thou I think we already know the answer because of this scale and its probably ~ Soon™

Major question: what would it do? There's the ability for glaives to use throws mid-air (even if I think mid-air non-slam heavy attacks should be a universal thing). But what benefit would dual wielding with sword and pistol confer? A watered-down, single-combo "stance"? That already mucks up potential weapon combos with Glaives.

It's one thing to have the aesthetic bonus, for sure. That would be nice. But in terms of gameplay and mechanics, I struggle to see what it could offer.

3 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

But in terms of gameplay and mechanics

This will remove holster animation and the need to mod for such thing if you are using secondaries and melee.

As well as : A possibility to perform gun finisher

8 hours ago, Netrizhul said:

How about separate "Sword and Shield" into "Shield" and (swords). Let us use Shield and Pistol. Also buff shields. lvl 1 Enemy Shield lancer shield can block %100 of bullets unless you have punch through, futuristic tenno arsenal shield cannot... Also I want shields not bucklers.

yes, Yes, YES!!

I can't believe I didn't come up with that myself. I love shields. I keep waiting for a Mace & shield combo but having shields and swords as two parts that can be equipped seperately. Left melee, right melee. Two hand weapons taking up both slots.

12 hours ago, Grave.Knight said:

Look cool.

Ye - if it just looks neat, I can get behind that.

9 hours ago, UdsUds said:

This will remove holster animation and the need to mod for such thing if you are using secondaries and melee.

That's true - if you're talking about the old, old melee system before instant swapping between guns and melee was a thing. Not so much a benefit nowadays.

10 hours ago, Netrizhul said:

How about separate "Sword and Shield" into "Shield" and (swords). Let us use Shield and Pistol. Also buff shields. lvl 1 Enemy Shield lancer shield can block %100 of bullets unless you have punch through, futuristic tenno arsenal shield cannot... Also I want shields not bucklers.

It would make for an interesting combination. Though probably lose a 50% of the pistol's zoom in exchange for blocking while shooting. I could see it being good against certain boss fights.

Archived