Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix: 29.2.4: NIGHTS OF NABERUS!

[DE]Rebecca

So DE, I have some questions to ask mimicking concerns expressed by other players at this point.  I don't think you'll answer, but figure that trying can't hurt.

Regarding Nightwave, you're adding 30 extra ranks.  If you add it Tuesday, there are people who will literally already have the cap.  Why do I say this?  I'm at almost the 300,000 standing point of unused points, and it hasn't yet been implemented.  If I did the Lich capture/kill challenges I'd already be in excess of the 300k.  Let's talk to one another here....if you add another event at7k, and have another week or two on this Nightwave the 30 extra will be blown past quite easily....so maybe it would be reasonable to add more than 30?

Regarding the arcanes, let's get an understanding here.  Warframe, operator, and arbitration exclusive arcanes all require 5 ranks.  That's 21 arcanes.  Now, you also have the zaw, kitgun, operator amp, and infested zaw arcanes.  Each of these still only has 3 ranks.  It seems like during that massive rebalance you completely forgot these....and it's pretty glaring when we've got things that can literally only be earned during an event.

My question here is when these arcanes are going to get some review, and bumped to rank 5.  When?  I have to ask because it's a bunch of standing to buy 11 extra of each of these things, and it's time locked if the infested arcanes suddenly get a review and stop being trash.  Why do I call these trash?  It's the substantial nerf from some months back, to make them pretty much less effective than the stuff Hok constantly offers.  It, as such, isn't worth 1050 mother tokens twice over to buy these, given that's 8-10 full bounty rotations.  

If maybe you could spend a few minutes rebalancing this so the arcanes were less of a crap shoot on effect and cost it'd be of great value, and give a reason to grind Deimos.  Right now I'm literally done with is except for 250 grandmother tokens to get captura scenes...and honestly cannot motivate myself to spend them.  My fear is your next release will lean even heavier into grind and use those blasted seriglass shards, actively penalizing us for pursuing them.

Finally, let's talk about the community sentiment and MR 30.  I'm going to take a controversial view, and say that I support founders getting this a few weeks earlier than non-founders.  Being entirely transparent, I am not a founder.  I have a grand total of 17,998 MR points remaining until I get to 30, predicated upon not wanting to spend the 1024 intrinsics on garbage level 10 rewards.   With the release of Nezha Prime I'll still be 5,998 points away from getting the thing, which is either Lavos, Wraith, or any other two pieces of gear (signature weapons, glass maker sword, or Deimos update).

Now, why would I support this then?  We're years into this game.  As a founder with Lato Prime, you've spent $200 on this game, which is functionally 3 AAA games at the time of the kickstarter.  Surprisingly Excal Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime are all pretty much meh at this point.  As such, the founders ready to rank up either have taken many breaks and come back, or have spent literal years of their life in this game.  Looking at the rewards, I'd suggest letting them have the MR 30 benefits to themselves for a few weeks isn't really going to inconvenience anyone.  Again, this is as someone who will be arbitrarily far away from the goal, because I refuse to spend intrinsics given the grind and artificial earnings cap while waiting for you to finally release a feature complete version of something that has been sold in this game for almost 3 years at this point.

I want to stress that I am no shill, no try hard, and yet still support something that fundamentally will exclude myself from earning a reward, so that people who have supported this game from the very beginning can be special for just a little bit of time.  Specifically I support this because you've set about a means that these people can benefit the community through the blessing....and hopefully it's something more than a token RNG roll from a largely lackluster pool like the sorties have become.

Please, don't screw this up by devaluing the truly veteran players.  It's not a huge gesture to make founders the only people capable of MR 30 for a while, but it speaks volumes that you've spend the tiniest modicum of time at least giving them some reward for spending the better part of a decade with the game.

I can see people angry at my last point, and I understand.  At the same time, waiting a few more days for this isn't going to kill anyone.  After all that we've lost in this game (dark sector conflicts, raids, clan based events, frequent updates, etc...) maybe it's time to let people who have held on through that shine.  I know we often want things now, and it seems unfair that if you didn't know about the game almost a decade ago you're just out of luck, but maybe we can agree to letting some veterans be happy....even if it isn't me or you.  Please.

29 минут назад, master_of_destiny сказал:

through that shine.

look... mr30 is just a number, don't make it sounds like it is something bigger than that.

what concerns me is how DE would implement that relay booster feature, because it can go both ways, extremely good or extremely bad.

35 минут назад, master_of_destiny сказал:

My question here is when these arcanes are going to get some review, and bumped to rank 5.  When? 

is it really needed?

2 hours ago, Kel_Silonius said:

look... mr30 is just a number, don't make it sounds like it is something bigger than that.

what concerns me is how DE would implement that relay booster feature, because it can go both ways, extremely good or extremely bad.

is it really needed?

MR 30 is not just a number....because DE made it that way.  Note the rewards including multiple umbra forma, riven slots, and other things.  The point, if you missed it, was that it was a very minor thing, and that maybe offering it for a limited time just to founders was not a huge deal, but does set a positive tone in that they are capable of that very slight reward....before it becomes irrelevant with the next content patch.

Regarding the rank 5 arcanes....do you not read?

Let me short this for you.  Some of these arcanes need a boost.  Ranking everything up to 5 could provide that.  If they aren't maybe they just say so officially, and nobody buys the arcanes from Daughter.  These arcanes are 100% purchasable, so there's no miserable RNG drop grind.  

Alternatively, make the game consistent.  It's a minor ask....as they seem to have done the usual of updating half way, then forgetting it and moving on.

1 час назад, master_of_destiny сказал:

before it becomes irrelevant with the next content patch.

it is irrelevant before people even hit mr30. game ends at mr11 fyi. maybe at mr16 if you are into riven things. if some people would achieve it a little bit sooner makes no difference at all. and that bone you say DE should throw at Founders would make absolutely no effect on day to day gameplay.

1 час назад, master_of_destiny сказал:

Regarding the rank 5 arcanes....do you not read?

exodia contagion last time i checked made a red crit for 6 digits number. do you want more? what for? same goes for operator arcanes and kitguns arcanes. granted, arcane bolt might enjoy to some buff on the timer though, but not through making it a r5 arcane.

6 minutes ago, Kel_Silonius said:

it is irrelevant before people even hit mr30. game ends at mr11 fyi. maybe at mr16 if you are into riven things. if some people would achieve it a little bit sooner makes no difference at all. and that bone you say DE should throw at Founders would make absolutely no effect on day to day gameplay.

exodia contagion last time i checked made a red crit for 6 digits number. do you want more? what for? same goes for operator arcanes and kitguns arcanes. granted, arcane bolt might enjoy to some buff on the timer though, but not through making it a r5 arcane.

I can't tell if you are trolling me, or if you're just not getting it.

I'm going to try one last time...  My point is that the MR 30 thing is worth pursuing for founders, and it's a very slight but nice nod if they were the only ones capable of getting it for a short period of time.  You seem to want to say it's useless....for no apparent reason.  Your tangent is that MR doesn't unlock much between MR 16 and 30, because no content exists in that band.  Fine.  The thing is that MR 30 is something that's been a goal in Warframe since Steam achievements....and DE is providing rewards....so it'd be nice to give some people time to enjoy it.  If you despise that joy, fine.

Pretty much any weapon can red crit for six digit damage numbers, assuming a very narrow range of builds, outside boosting, etc...  That's a stupid qualifier. 

What isn't stupid is that you seem to be out of date.  Let me refresh you.

Update 28.3

• (Undocumented) Projectile does not inherit base critical chance and critical damage stats from equipped Zaw. Now has a fixed 20% critical chance and 2.0x critical multiplier. Projectile no longer explodes on final tick[citation needed]

It's almost like if you play this game long enough there will be things that break, and never get fixed.  But what does the wiki know anyways?  It's not like you can go test this stuff out and check....  Oh right, people have.  It's also interesting that operator arcanes now rank to 5, but the same operator's amp arcane maxes at 3.  Despite this, the primary upgrade path for the operator is still the focus tree....and our amps are a literal one and done customization where every single component relies heavily on those arcanes to be effective.

23 минуты назад, master_of_destiny сказал:

(Undocumented)

yeah, i logged into the game just for that. statement still stands, there is no need for r5 arcanes. exodias are useless, amp arcanes in their current state already make Tridolons a rather trivial encounter. and that's that, i see no use for amps except for Tridolons.

Your tangent is that MR doesn't unlock much between MR 16 and 30, because no content exists in that band.

no, my point is that at mr4 we unlock a weapon which can carry us over entire starchart and sorties, at mr6 we unlock a weapon which allows to do Tridolons and Orbs, at mr11 we unlock Lanka, and yeah i still consider it to be the best weapon for tridolons. And i think highest mr required for rivens is mr16. After this line all you do in the game are artificial goals. And this is the problem, players set these artificial goals for themselfs because game fails to provide actual goals. So if your goal is to reach mr30 in this game, well fine. I would read some book instead, because there is literally nothing to do in this game, and mr30 would not change that. rewards are nice though.

The thing is that MR 30 is something that's been a goal in Warframe since Steam achievements

oh... well. i just don't care. perhaps i'm just too old.

On 2020-10-27 at 4:39 AM, master_of_destiny said:

So DE, I have some questions to ask mimicking concerns expressed by other players at this point.  I don't think you'll answer, but figure that trying can't hurt.

Regarding Nightwave, you're adding 30 extra ranks.  If you add it Tuesday, there are people who will literally already have the cap.  Why do I say this?  I'm at almost the 300,000 standing point of unused points, and it hasn't yet been implemented.  If I did the Lich capture/kill challenges I'd already be in excess of the 300k.  Let's talk to one another here....if you add another event at7k, and have another week or two on this Nightwave the 30 extra will be blown past quite easily....so maybe it would be reasonable to add more than 30?

Regarding the arcanes, let's get an understanding here.  Warframe, operator, and arbitration exclusive arcanes all require 5 ranks.  That's 21 arcanes.  Now, you also have the zaw, kitgun, operator amp, and infested zaw arcanes.  Each of these still only has 3 ranks.  It seems like during that massive rebalance you completely forgot these....and it's pretty glaring when we've got things that can literally only be earned during an event.

My question here is when these arcanes are going to get some review, and bumped to rank 5.  When?  I have to ask because it's a bunch of standing to buy 11 extra of each of these things, and it's time locked if the infested arcanes suddenly get a review and stop being trash.  Why do I call these trash?  It's the substantial nerf from some months back, to make them pretty much less effective than the stuff Hok constantly offers.  It, as such, isn't worth 1050 mother tokens twice over to buy these, given that's 8-10 full bounty rotations.  

If maybe you could spend a few minutes rebalancing this so the arcanes were less of a crap shoot on effect and cost it'd be of great value, and give a reason to grind Deimos.  Right now I'm literally done with is except for 250 grandmother tokens to get captura scenes...and honestly cannot motivate myself to spend them.  My fear is your next release will lean even heavier into grind and use those blasted seriglass shards, actively penalizing us for pursuing them.

Finally, let's talk about the community sentiment and MR 30.  I'm going to take a controversial view, and say that I support founders getting this a few weeks earlier than non-founders.  Being entirely transparent, I am not a founder.  I have a grand total of 17,998 MR points remaining until I get to 30, predicated upon not wanting to spend the 1024 intrinsics on garbage level 10 rewards.   With the release of Nezha Prime I'll still be 5,998 points away from getting the thing, which is either Lavos, Wraith, or any other two pieces of gear (signature weapons, glass maker sword, or Deimos update).

Now, why would I support this then?  We're years into this game.  As a founder with Lato Prime, you've spent $200 on this game, which is functionally 3 AAA games at the time of the kickstarter.  Surprisingly Excal Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime are all pretty much meh at this point.  As such, the founders ready to rank up either have taken many breaks and come back, or have spent literal years of their life in this game.  Looking at the rewards, I'd suggest letting them have the MR 30 benefits to themselves for a few weeks isn't really going to inconvenience anyone.  Again, this is as someone who will be arbitrarily far away from the goal, because I refuse to spend intrinsics given the grind and artificial earnings cap while waiting for you to finally release a feature complete version of something that has been sold in this game for almost 3 years at this point.

I want to stress that I am no shill, no try hard, and yet still support something that fundamentally will exclude myself from earning a reward, so that people who have supported this game from the very beginning can be special for just a little bit of time.  Specifically I support this because you've set about a means that these people can benefit the community through the blessing....and hopefully it's something more than a token RNG roll from a largely lackluster pool like the sorties have become.

Please, don't screw this up by devaluing the truly veteran players.  It's not a huge gesture to make founders the only people capable of MR 30 for a while, but it speaks volumes that you've spend the tiniest modicum of time at least giving them some reward for spending the better part of a decade with the game.

I can see people angry at my last point, and I understand.  At the same time, waiting a few more days for this isn't going to kill anyone.  After all that we've lost in this game (dark sector conflicts, raids, clan based events, frequent updates, etc...) maybe it's time to let people who have held on through that shine.  I know we often want things now, and it seems unfair that if you didn't know about the game almost a decade ago you're just out of luck, but maybe we can agree to letting some veterans be happy....even if it isn't me or you.  Please.

First and foremost, the arcanes you mentioned weren't upgraded to a 5 rank maximum because you could only ever equip one of them. All the ones buffed to have a 5 Rank maximum were able to be equipped up to 2x previously, giving more of a bonus than a Rank 5 does now. I'm also not addressing your previous point about forma, as they're a required part of the game if you have any intent on minmaxing. You don't like to forma as much as me, fine. That doesn't fix the issue that they've effectively removed one avenue we could use to supplement this.

5 hours ago, iPathos said:

First and foremost, the arcanes you mentioned weren't upgraded to a 5 rank maximum because you could only ever equip one of them. All the ones buffed to have a 5 Rank maximum were able to be equipped up to 2x previously, giving more of a bonus than a Rank 5 does now. I'm also not addressing your previous point about forma, as they're a required part of the game if you have any intent on minmaxing. You don't like to forma as much as me, fine. That doesn't fix the issue that they've effectively removed one avenue we could use to supplement this.

It's quite interesting that the logic here is that you could only equip one of them, so it wasn't required to upgrade them to rank 5.

Let's apply the same logic...and we'll single out Arcane Guardian.  Is the new version more powerful than the old, because you can no longer equip two....no.  OK, maybe that's a typo.  Let's look at any arcane elemental proc resistance (toxic, radiation, heat, cold, etc...).  Now before the update you literally could not get to 100%, so you had to equip two to have an almost status immunity.  That is 30*30 = 9% chance that you got a status effect even equipping two 70% status negating arcanes...  Now the rank 5s are all more than 100%.

OK, so Guardian added ranks but didn't get better.  Status immunities added ranks, because their old statistics couldn't ever actually prevent effects and thus even double stacked were useless.  That must then mean that the logical justification here is that DE could either harmonize everything, keeping the same base statistics despite adding two ranks like they did with Guardian, or they could add improvements like with elemental status effects....

This means there was a conscious decision to add cost to some items, a conscious decision to buff some arcanes that were bad, and most of this influenced arcanes that required RNG drops....the only exception being operator purchasable arcanes.  Does any of this sound internally consistent, or does it sound like playing whack-a-mole with bad design choices because they couldn't decide on how to do things?  I vote whack-a-mole.

Now, the plague star exclusive arcanes.  I agree with the memory that those shot infested balls from aim-glide were amazing.  Remember, this is basically melee 2.0 instead of the current 2.xx.  This meant the zaw weapons could basically function like the redeemer, and I'm not incorrect here.  Mesa Prime just got vaulted, so this was before Redeemer Prime and the Stropha.  It was an infinite projectile weapon that did good damage, and boy that arcane sold well during trades.  Then, DE nerfed is a bit.  Then, DE did a shadow update and basically prevented it from inheriting the critical upgrades to the weapon and it became a nugget of garbage in the melee 2.xx version.  When you've got the Redeemer Prime and Stropha what good is a low damage infestation ball?  

NOTE- the shadow updates and undocumented crap are getting silly.  I'm still waiting for their official statement on Deimos regarding the need to protect a corpus scientist's shield drone instead of him during the bounty.  That silent update is still terrible a month later, and has no official documentation as an intended change.

Let's have naught but a single ounce of creativity.  That is to say that we imagine DE taking a balance pass at the other arcanes, so that it's not glaringly obvious that warframe arcanes suck to grind outside of Scarlet Spear.  Now, let's imagine what that could do.  If it was all like Arcane Guardian, it'd be little net improvement with more grind.  That's a win for DE by engagement time.  If they buffed some of the garbage we'd actually be able to use it.  Right now there's maybe 2 total amp arcanes worth using because they buff damage.  There's maybe 2 zaw arcanes, the suck and suspend ones, worth putting on your zaw.  Kitguns have either infinite ammo, or not having one.  If they spent all of the time on every other arcane, it's pretty ludicrous to let all of the other ones stay as non-choices.

Alternatively, they only fixed things with a temporary bandage.  They did it because too many people were using too few, and the goal was homogenized outcomes rather than player choice.  That sounds like DE to me, and my hope is they can see this.  If they're at least aware that these are unbalanced, maybe they can fix them.   Maybe I'm just too stupid to understand their master plan of fire fighting instead of solving issues.  Maybe they like chaos.  They seem to not like making money, of that I can be assured given their propensity for half solutions.

Regarding min-maxing....think about this.  You are impatient, and buy crap from them.  A three pack of forma is cheap....but the alternative is a grind for BPs, resources, and a three day wait to craft 3.  If you do this, it signals to DE that making the forma pack cheap and taking away forma that don't have an artificial timer is a bad move.  The idea of min-maxing is inherently stupid when you consider about 90% of warframe's guns aren't in the bands where huge investment matters, and those few that are still would allow for a daily crafting without spending real money.

How do I justify this?  In 2014 I spent some platinum on forma to build my dojo.  Since then I haven't spent a penny.  Despite this, 200+ in the bank.  If that doesn't clearly outline that buying forma is simply DE using your impatience to suck your wallet I don't understand what is.

To also note, 2+ year long hiatus.  If I had done this for all potential time, I'd be sitting on about 1000 forma not used.  That seems like a really depressing number, and proof that forma are needed, but don't have to be bought to reinforce exploitative game system and reward changes.

On 2020-10-29 at 1:39 PM, master_of_destiny said:

It's quite interesting that the logic here is that you could only equip one of them, so it wasn't required to upgrade them to rank 5.

Let's apply the same logic...and we'll single out Arcane Guardian.  Is the new version more powerful than the old, because you can no longer equip two....no.  OK, maybe that's a typo.  Let's look at any arcane elemental proc resistance (toxic, radiation, heat, cold, etc...).  Now before the update you literally could not get to 100%, so you had to equip two to have an almost status immunity.  That is 30*30 = 9% chance that you got a status effect even equipping two 70% status negating arcanes...  Now the rank 5s are all more than 100%.

OK, so Guardian added ranks but didn't get better.  Status immunities added ranks, because their old statistics couldn't ever actually prevent effects and thus even double stacked were useless.  That must then mean that the logical justification here is that DE could either harmonize everything, keeping the same base statistics despite adding two ranks like they did with Guardian, or they could add improvements like with elemental status effects....

This means there was a conscious decision to add cost to some items, a conscious decision to buff some arcanes that were bad, and most of this influenced arcanes that required RNG drops....the only exception being operator purchasable arcanes.  Does any of this sound internally consistent, or does it sound like playing whack-a-mole with bad design choices because they couldn't decide on how to do things?  I vote whack-a-mole.

Now, the plague star exclusive arcanes.  I agree with the memory that those shot infested balls from aim-glide were amazing.  Remember, this is basically melee 2.0 instead of the current 2.xx.  This meant the zaw weapons could basically function like the redeemer, and I'm not incorrect here.  Mesa Prime just got vaulted, so this was before Redeemer Prime and the Stropha.  It was an infinite projectile weapon that did good damage, and boy that arcane sold well during trades.  Then, DE nerfed is a bit.  Then, DE did a shadow update and basically prevented it from inheriting the critical upgrades to the weapon and it became a nugget of garbage in the melee 2.xx version.  When you've got the Redeemer Prime and Stropha what good is a low damage infestation ball?  

NOTE- the shadow updates and undocumented crap are getting silly.  I'm still waiting for their official statement on Deimos regarding the need to protect a corpus scientist's shield drone instead of him during the bounty.  That silent update is still terrible a month later, and has no official documentation as an intended change.

Let's have naught but a single ounce of creativity.  That is to say that we imagine DE taking a balance pass at the other arcanes, so that it's not glaringly obvious that warframe arcanes suck to grind outside of Scarlet Spear.  Now, let's imagine what that could do.  If it was all like Arcane Guardian, it'd be little net improvement with more grind.  That's a win for DE by engagement time.  If they buffed some of the garbage we'd actually be able to use it.  Right now there's maybe 2 total amp arcanes worth using because they buff damage.  There's maybe 2 zaw arcanes, the suck and suspend ones, worth putting on your zaw.  Kitguns have either infinite ammo, or not having one.  If they spent all of the time on every other arcane, it's pretty ludicrous to let all of the other ones stay as non-choices.

Alternatively, they only fixed things with a temporary bandage.  They did it because too many people were using too few, and the goal was homogenized outcomes rather than player choice.  That sounds like DE to me, and my hope is they can see this.  If they're at least aware that these are unbalanced, maybe they can fix them.   Maybe I'm just too stupid to understand their master plan of fire fighting instead of solving issues.  Maybe they like chaos.  They seem to not like making money, of that I can be assured given their propensity for half solutions.

Regarding min-maxing....think about this.  You are impatient, and buy crap from them.  A three pack of forma is cheap....but the alternative is a grind for BPs, resources, and a three day wait to craft 3.  If you do this, it signals to DE that making the forma pack cheap and taking away forma that don't have an artificial timer is a bad move.  The idea of min-maxing is inherently stupid when you consider about 90% of warframe's guns aren't in the bands where huge investment matters, and those few that are still would allow for a daily crafting without spending real money.

How do I justify this?  In 2014 I spent some platinum on forma to build my dojo.  Since then I haven't spent a penny.  Despite this, 200+ in the bank.  If that doesn't clearly outline that buying forma is simply DE using your impatience to suck your wallet I don't understand what is.

To also note, 2+ year long hiatus.  If I had done this for all potential time, I'd be sitting on about 1000 forma not used.  That seems like a really depressing number, and proof that forma are needed, but don't have to be bought to reinforce exploitative game system and reward changes.

I will say again: "You don't like to forma as much as I do". I have not taken a hiatus, because I did not want to. I have kept crafting forma constantly, when I have the blueprints. I am not saying any of this to start a discussion on the necessity of forma, nor its cost, nor the statement of "if you are impatient, you buy from them". My entire initial point was about the fact the shop comes across as nearly a reskin of Plague Star, notably without the forma available for purchase. You go on about your attention span and truthful intent without actually yourself considering the intent of the post. Try again.

40 minutes ago, iPathos said:

I will say again: "You don't like to forma as much as I do". I have not taken a hiatus, because I did not want to. I have kept crafting forma constantly, when I have the blueprints. I am not saying any of this to start a discussion on the necessity of forma, nor its cost, nor the statement of "if you are impatient, you buy from them". My entire initial point was about the fact the shop comes across as nearly a reskin of Plague Star, notably without the forma available for purchase. You go on about your attention span and truthful intent without actually yourself considering the intent of the post. Try again.

It's truly interesting that you continue to counter my points, by saying that it's bad that this a reskin of plague star....and then utilize the argument that all that plague star was good for was forma.  I don't think you get this, but we've come to the same statement about bad rewards.  The difference is you literally cannot express any other condition for making this fun than adding back your precious built forma.

I'm putting a spoiler here, so don't read if you don't want to.  It's the math behind forma usage based upon your statements, and it comes out really goofy.  Spoil if you want to know what makes your statements of fact seem implausible.

Spoiler

Let me be mathematical here, so there's no mistakes.  You claim to have played the game for years, and every session utilized many forma.  3-6 per session....and based upon claims you login daily.  If we do the simplest math, and check, you started in 2015.  Let's just assume that's 4 full years of play.

4*360 = 1440 days

1440 * 3 = 4320 forma

Let's round to 4500, so the math is easy.  There are 591 current pieces of content, which means that each and every single permutation of everything has about 7 forma....which is complete and utter nonsense.  I say this because it would mean that you're looking at Korean MMO levels of grind here, which is possible but it's an extreme example of a player who does not play the game for the same reason as 99.99% of the player base.  Note that 99.99% is probably a round down, but given the investment associate here and simple player statistics available for steam this represents literally fractional percentages of fractional percentages of players.

Now, let's talk plague star.  Let's say you grind it constantly, and get maybe 200 forma in the two weeks it was active.  That's about a quarter of a year worth of your grinding of forma.  So....what's the lesson?  Well, either you're being hyperbolic or you're already committed to buying forma for the other 3/4 of the year.  No clue which.

If it isn't clear, this isn't about how much or little I forma.  It's about you being unable to deal with a plague star replacement without forma...which is rather silly.  It's silly because you're stating you want to forma everything, and I just can't fathom what it means to you.  I get having a different motivation, but this is about DE.  Their motivation is to find someone like you, and it now requires you buy more forma.  That's the issue, and the resolution is to change how you play to make their transparent greed not financially viable.  That's really the only way to address this, and get back an event that can reward built forma.

I'd like to sound reasonable here, and tell you I went on hiatus because this game sucked the life out of me.  I needed the forma, reactors, and catalysts.  I needed to have the best builds, and I needed to be able to do an hour long tier 4 key survival.  I bought a starter pack, then platinum, then took the plunge with prime access.  I eventually got to the point where warframe mattered....and it caused me to be apoplectic when things didn't work like I wanted....as you seem to be about getting these forma.  Maybe you need a break, and I say this not as a threat or request.  I say this as somebody who needed to hear that at one point, and hopefully you get the sentiment.  If not...fine.  It seems like you have no ability to understand others, so I just won't respond going forward.  Consider this an invitation to have the last word, about an event we agree is not rewarding but disagree that something other than forma could have been the reward to keep grinding for.

Archived