Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: Hotfix: 29.2.4: NIGHTS OF NABERUS!

[DE]Rebecca

DE, I'd like to string together some interesting things and hopefully understand where exactly you are as a company from the perspective of your clients. 

Let me start with Steel Path.  It's not exactly fun.  The increased damage makes it impossible to tank, and requires invincibility cheese.  Whether this is shield gating abuse, ability spam, or other forms of invincibility it's highlighting all of the problems with the lack of difficulty in the game.  That's meaningful difficulty, not simply throwing machine gun toting bullet sponges at a player.

Now, let's talk rewards.  You said that they'd be bad, because it's linked to the base rewards for a node.  Fine.  It's all about that steel essence, and maybe the occasional riven sliver.  That would be fine....until you start doing the math.  That is to say, syndicate kill squads are immune to CC powers entirely.  Not damage mind you, CC.  You made that decision a long time ago....and these kill squads are 100% eximus units.  In the middle of a defense or mobile defense they can literally spawn on top of the objective and end the mission.  This means the potential 2% reward of essence is with the cost of immediately failing the mission.  That's something that literally can kill a run with almost no way for a player to intervene.  Not a skill check, but an RNG fail roll.

Speaking of which, let's talk about the enemies and structure.  Infested are still a joke.  Everything short of a pocket of eximus units can be easily dealt with.  The sentients are miserable bullet sponges due to the adaptation, but given low spawn numbers they are a fair challenge.  The problems come with Grineer and Corpus.  Grineer require CC or invisibility, given that even with a scaled melee weapon they are spongey.  Not challenging, simply requiring half a dozen strikes to put down.  The fun bit is of course a new discovery for me; the Grineer explosive weapons actually damage Limbo while moving in the rift, but do not damage whilst in a cataclysm bubble.  On top of the Grineer are the Corpus.  I'm beyond frustrated with the "difficulty" they bring.  It's simply spawning in large enough numbers to form a wall of bullets from everywhere and disabling abilities with a wall of nullifiers.  Either item is a challenge, but with both they basically force multiple person parties.  That's not a good enemy, so much as a frustration by virtue of cascading failures of anything but damage...CC failed to be viable because of your decisions, and this is a huge highlight of exactly why it's not viable.

Finally, let's discuss the frustration from the word go with the Steel Path.  I can start on Earth or the Kuva Fortress.  Great.  Kuva Fortress is max level, along with Lua.  I can literally do them within 5 missions of each other if I power through Earth.  I then have to slog through Mars, Ceres, Jupiter, etc... to just get back to Sedna and Pluto for the same level content.  Why?  I have to slog through enemies at levels 105-130, when I've already demonstrated that I can do all of this.  I understand this from the lazy design side, because it's literally just copying the entire system with permanent modifiers (level, health, armor, shields, etc...).  What I can't understand is any play testing over how frustrating this is.  Honestly, Defenses and Interceptions suck solo, and getting people to try and slog through this together is miserable.  Most people seem to have slogged through this, and found the few farming spots that they go back to for the one new resource worth caring about (steel essence).  This wouldn't be so bad, but after 7 whole planets completed I've earned less than 5 essence from drops...so it's not really worth my time to ever play these levels.

I realize that I've previously stated that I wouldn't engage with Steel Path, an my opinion hasn't changed.  7/19 worlds and I have 7k/27k MR bearing points.  I have less steel essence than it would take to get one of the cosmetics.  I have not had any fun, because the only build options are meta damage negaters like Octavia, Limbo, Revenant, and Loki.  This is an insulting path "for veterans," even more so when your qualification for veterans according to the Helminth is MR 8.

Now, let's talk Rivens.  The accidental pre-release is amusing.  It's amusing because there are suddenly way less nerfs than previous stuff, and you've changed upper level management.  There's a correlative link there, if not a causal one.  Setting that aside, it's interesting that the changed mostly seem negligible.  I've got frustration with one or two, because all melee is basically the only way to scale damage, but it's not terrible.

What I am having a hard time with is the Opticor and Vandal.  It seems like all of the other weapons with vandals are negligibly different in the riven department.  The Braton, Quanta, and Opticor all have 0.05 difference between their standard and Vandal variants.  That's great...until you look at the Vandal version adding a lot to two of these things, but nothing substantial to the other.  I get the minor improvements to the Opticor, but the cost was steep.  Yes it's faster....but it does way less damage.  It has slightly higher crit chance and status...but it's a one shot weapon so completely useless now that shield gating is a thing.  It's a great boomstick against the Grineer, because it's puncture focused and literally cannot be meta because during star chart runs it fails against nuke frames and on the steel path it's simply tanked by enemy armor and health pools.  Can we maybe get a review of this one?  I'd request that the Opticor base has some love shown to it if you aren't willing to tinker with both versions to homogenize them into a better place, but the truth is most single hit high damage weapons were severely compromised with shield gating.

Finally, this year has been a disappointment for events.  It opened with Plague Star, in retrospect the high point of the year.  Scarlet Spear was bad for a myriad of reasons.  Dog Days required a substantial "discount" on item costs...so there's that little admission that the game mode wasn't rewarding enough to keep player engagement for floofs.  Deimos has been...let's call it content deprived.  Now Naberus is all of the cosmetic trash of Dog Days without the reason to engage of Plague Star.  Between Arcane nerfs and the lack of anything usable on content elsewhere there's nothing to justify the Deimos grind.  

I'd like to sum this up as an entire year of sliding down hill on content.  We're still awaiting a second mech, two frames, and that's the bare minimum of what was promised around the time of Tennocon.  

I'd like to be positive.  I'd like to say early 2021 will fix this, but it's been three years.  I'll apologize when we get the ghoul saw, the dual wield nikanas, and Zephyr Deluxe.  Until then I've got to assume anything promised is a lie until I read it in the patch notes, and the patch notes are about 80% right.  Still waiting on that "assist the corpus researcher" bounty segment to either get fixed to require Une living, or official confirmation that the shield drone is more important to defend and this is intended.

12 hours ago, muziqaz said:

That Bat Ephemera, which you can now get after a single quick bounty, is it the same one for which some of us spent days grinding and failing to get during last year's Halloween event? If yes, then I pitty those who actually spent so much time last year to get it :D

The other thing I've noticed is I got the Bat Ephemera from the event back when it was a thing but when I look at the Bat Ephemera at Daughter it doesn't show as already owned, looks like another oversight by DE not adding the code to show players own it.

It looks the same, might have to grab it and see if it shows as twice in my inventory, if it doesn't bah was only a few mother tokens anyway.

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

The other thing I've noticed is I got the Bat Ephemera from the event back when it was a thing but when I look at the Bat Ephemera at Daughter it doesn't show as already owned, looks like another oversight by DE not adding the code to show players own it.

It looks the same, might have to grab it and see if it shows as twice in my inventory, if it doesn't bah was only a few mother tokens anyway.

It is the same.

The issue is that it is a BP.  Buy it, try to build, lists as already owned.

Bummer.  I admit to being wrong about its reuse...but that BS with it being a blueprint is pretty shady.

11 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

It is the same.

Bummer.  I admit to being wrong about its reuse...but that BS with it being a blueprint is pretty shady.

Thanks, I hadn't got around to testing what you have done.

I thought DE would have learned by now, they had that problem with Nightwave cred items not showing crafted after building (now fixed) because of being a BP, to now follow it up with another new event and not have it set to show as crafted/owned is bad planning.

Edit:
I just looked at it now in Daugther it's showing as Crafted, I'm sure it didn't at event start. hmm

38 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I thought DE would have learned by now, they had that problem with Nightwave cred items not showing crafted after building (now fixed) because of being a BP, to now follow it up with another new event and not have it set to show as crafted/owned is bad planning.

Edit:
I just looked at it now in Daugther it's showing as Crafted, I'm sure it didn't at event start. hmm

Hmm....

I get the same now.  Must have been one of the stealth updates.

Now if only they'd stealth fix the bounty, this would only be a lackluster event and not a complete disappointment.

On 2020-10-16 at 5:13 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

To get everyone in the Naberus spirit, she’ll be dressing up in Morbid costume and offering exclusive, limited-time rewards available for purchase through her special Naberus-themed store in the Necralisk.

Could'nt find anywhere else to provide feedback on the event. Just want to say i love the cosmetics and the ease and simplicity it is to obtain them.

So thankyou for getting t his event almost perfect from my perspective.

Really would'nt want to see the prices of these items any higher than what they are though.

Can you please fix the controller binding issue when playing on pc for archwing
its not possible to blink or anything and rebinding doesn't work
please either fix this bug or separate the move down / blink since they are binded to the same key and neither are functional 
I've tried this with both PS4  and xbox one controllers 

since September the base skins for ash, ember,nova,vauban,wisp and varkyr have the ugly weathered look and these deluxe skin Khora Urushu,kavat Maculatia,Nidus Phryke,helminth metus skin,nova atomica,Nyx Pasithea and Titania Empress now have this dirt added to them. And i feel scammed  because these skins didn't look look like that in the first place and your changing the textures for worst after purchase. So pls DE fix it i made this post in the art and animation bugs but is just being ignored

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1226120-ugly-dirty-and-weathered-textures/

23 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

If you hover over the BP in the shop it shows crafted as you loose the BP when you build it.

On 2020-10-18 at 12:27 PM, Slayer-. said:

19 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

It is the same.

19 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Edit:

19 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Hmm....

I get the same now.  Must have been one of the stealth updates.

Now if only they'd stealth fix the bounty, this would only be a lackluster event and not a complete disappointment.

37 minutes ago, FUBAR-BDHR said:

If you hover over the BP in the shop it shows crafted as you loose the BP when you build it.

What myself and @master_of_destiny were talking about was it didn't originally show as crafted when hovered over.

So, an update on the whole debacle of Steel Path.  I'm really trying to highlight frustration here, so it's time to explain to everyone exactly how to do this mess of a game mode.  First off, let's talk about why to care.

1) The operator armor (85), one ephemera (85), another ephemera (3), stuff available elsewhere for cheaper, and rounding out this mess is kuva.  

2) The 27,501 MR points.

-nothing else-

It's functionally an opportunity to boost drops...but it's facing enemies that knock out about 90% of your equipment opportunities unless you're farming for the steel essence.  If you are there's about 99% of the content that simply isn't viable.  It's really no wonder that players are cheesing this thing, because you might also rename it to "[insert pet name] has been downed" the game mode.

Sad jokes aside, pets are not viable here.  Sentinels are nearly instantly dead (except Djinn), the new Vulpaphyla are interesting due to auto resurrection, but the problem remains they are either instantly destroyed or incapable of delivering buffs.

Now, for those that actually want to grind through all of this there's great news.  Great?  Am I high, or just stupid?  Maybe a little of both, but the truth is that my definition of great is simply a three frame, two weapon combination that will make all of this content solo viable.  Really?  Yes.  I did 100% of the chart myself, with the exception of the open worlds due to my own error in match making.  Let's cover this thing.

1) Nova.  Build for efficiency, duration, and strength.  She's going to be your go-to for interception missions.  You don't need to kill enemies, just slow them to a crawl and use the dash from your operator to dislodge enemies from point captures.

2) Limbo.  Build for duration, efficiency, and range.  He's going to be your mobile defense and excavation frame for anywhere that nullifiers are not.  He trivializes these with an 82 second cataclysm and 41 second stasis.  He can also do spy...though if you're really lazy draft in a Loki or Ivara.  

3) Revenant.  Everything else.  This is going to sound stupid, but build a little bit of everything on him.  You want to be able to cast mesmer skin, use thralls as decoys, and can functionally disregard his 3 and 4 because they're either ineffective or don't scale well.  This is going to be your bread and butter for nullifiers, extermination, hijacks, and everything else.  

4) Ignis or Ignis Wraith.  It's not about actually doing damage.  This is about activating things that need shot.  Think about Kela, and shooting any projectile clusters down.  Build for range and status, or simply range.  

5) Stropha.  The only real damage dealer.  Go for a critical build, viral element, and build for duration of combo.  This is going to be doing about 99.9% of your damage, so don't cheap out.  If you can swing an arcane fury this thing becomes more of a street sweeper shotgun than anything else.  You may change element to match enemy type...but it's capable of deleting almost anything with a full combo multiplier so you don't have to bother.

Now, using the above I did literally everything in the game.  The only bump in the road was the insano spawning, being sniped from across the map, and my favorite failure of timing out before I adopted the Stropha.  The Redeemer Prime is good, but even with a riven is didn't delete entire mobs like the Stropha.

You've now got the keys to grinding out all of the Steel Path.  All of it.  I'd like to let you know that this was tested against the literally strongest possible star chart enemies.  That is to say, the highest level combat arena on Sedna, with the tougher enemy modifier.  You can blast the floating projectors to build combo, hunt the enemies, and string together light and heavy attacks to simply delete everything short of the jerk who acts like a manic.  That guy could face tank damage, then jump away and nearly instantly regenerate shields.  Only killed him once in 25 kills, and the mechanic where all enemies now become immune to the void blast/dash tethering slows means he got to simply jump away for free with the insane health pool.  The only frustration with Revenant is that certain splash damage is not negated with mesmer skin, and constantly reviving companions makes it really difficult to care about equipping them.

So , where's the frustration?  I'm looking down the barrel of MR 30 personally.  I've got 3000 points "unearned" from Railjack because I refuse to sink the 512 into both of the level 10 option from two of them, because the "promise" that points could be reassigned when command becomes a thing is about as enticing as sticking my hand into a blender given the grind.  That leaves me with about 20,000 points that need to be earned to get there.  This is factoring in Nezha Prime, 8,000 points short of being able to earn it on the 27th.  More realistically, it's about 8,000 until sometime in November when I've had the time required to grind out enough RNG loot drops to make the prime weapons, and grind them up.  That's fine...but if you didn't engage with Steel Path it's 8k+27k= 35k.  That's 6 frames or 12 weapons needed to make up for this stupid game mode.  There's the frustration.

So, let's talk about the solution.  There are four enemy factions, as sentients don't have areal focus on their own.  There's Defense, Mobile Defense, Exterminate, Excavation, Capture, Defection, Infested Salvage, Sabatoge, Interception, and a few Archwing modes.  Let's call this 15 modes rounding up substantially.  This means there's about 60 missions total to cover all of the factions and all of the modes.  Let's place all 60 missions onto a single planet, and lock it to a key provided by Teshin.  Said missions on this world are capable of spawning any appropriate enemies on any appropriate tileset, as a permutation of the ESO/SO model.  That is to say you choose a Grineer faction exterminate, and you could get kuva, sea lab, standard, or any other variant.  They spawn on a tileset unique to that faction, and appropriate, but allowing for things like the kuva variant in the sea lab tile.  This introduces random variation, preventing the farming of enemies on specific tilesets due simply to the luck of the draw.

The goal here is to minimize your labor by relying on RNG to choose enemies and locations, while making things less of a slog by decreasing the amount of nodes required but not skimping on the things.  This effectively could allow for the same MR rewards, new pools of rewards so it isn't so frustrating to fight level 110 enemies and get a lith relic, and concentrating players so that it's possible to get a random group together.

Don't want to do that?  Fine.  Let's talk about what was talked about years ago.  That is to say, player chosen modifiers.  Before a mission you can choose things like enemy level increases, health/armor/shield buffs, and the like.  These things would be rewarded by changing the rewards pool, and was the earliest iteration of a Steel Path like mechanic which was discussed literally years ago.

Still too much work?  Then this is dead on arrival content.  I can't really say getting through the Steel Path was rewarding.  I'm not grinding these drops, because the farm for them is something you actively seem to be trying to prevent.  Fine.  I can't say that you've got a plan to make this rewarding, because the primary motivators are insanely costly as a means to "mark achievement."  The last time I heard that was with EA Battlefront II and Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker taking 40 hours to unlock.  How did that go over?  All prodding aside, it's likely that this is going to be a dedicated high level farmer's dream be able to mass purchase relics on day one of prime access....which I can understand.  That being stated, it's not really rewarding enough for me to care about when syndicates exist.  That's the real frustration here, because after the ephemeras and operator armor there's nothing else to warrant coming back to bullet sponges.  It's just going back to pre-shield gating and health curve modification warframe...and I thought it was clear enough that people didn't like that when we were thrilled to go from exponential enemy health to a pseudo s-curve.  Apparently I was mistaken.

On 2020-10-18 at 2:51 AM, Numerikuu said:

Pace yourself. And if you don't want to or can't because your MK1-Braton needs all slots forma'd because reasons, well... cough up the plat. Or farm for it.

I prefer to do this as my thing in-game, and unfortunately your suggestion doesn't solve the initial issue we face here. It has nothing to do with the MK1-Braton in particular, I forma basically every weapon to be viable so that I can compare them fairly. Don't get me wrong, I regularly cough up plat solely for forma bundles. The issue is that this is functionally a reskin of Plague Star with some new goods, while having none to properly replace the built Forma that would usually be present.

On 2020-10-18 at 2:05 AM, muziqaz said:

The first issue I encountered yesterday for the first time myself. That might have been introduced with the latest bug patch, sorry, patch.

I know that jumping on k-drive and off of it fixes archwing issue, but that is not a solution, and its time consuming, AND have they actually fixed the bug where you would fall through the map when jumping on k-drive? If that's still a thing, kinda risky solution for the problem :D Ever since that bug, I avoid k-drive on Drift, especially with map so uneven and not ideal for k-drive

Leaving the squad has potential to get this absolutely stupid hoist migration message where sometimes after hoist migrated you end up in the middle of the map instead of at the extraction point, so I avoid that like plague :(

I've never once fallen through the map on Deimos while using my K-Drive, and only once using a Velocipod in the earlier days of the update. I still don't see what the massive fuss is about (regarding the K-Drive fix), as it takes all of 3-5 seconds tops to fix it. Yes the issue is still present, but this is also a perfectly viable fix in the meantime.

8 hours ago, iPathos said:

I prefer to do this as my thing in-game, and unfortunately your suggestion doesn't solve the initial issue we face here. It has nothing to do with the MK1-Braton in particular, I forma basically every weapon to be viable so that I can compare them fairly. Don't get me wrong, I regularly cough up plat solely for forma bundles. The issue is that this is functionally a reskin of Plague Star with some new goods, while having none to properly replace the built Forma that would usually be present.

I've never once fallen through the map on Deimos while using my K-Drive, and only once using a Velocipod in the earlier days of the update. I still don't see what the massive fuss is about (regarding the K-Drive fix), as it takes all of 3-5 seconds tops to fix it. Yes the issue is still present, but this is also a perfectly viable fix in the meantime.

Let me offer you a different perspective, so that maybe you can understand frustrations.  During an Eidolon fight a few weeks back I was doing about 68% of the damage (random group) as an Oberon.  We got to the final eidolon, and I suddenly was locked out of using any weapons.  Not great, so I tried to go operator.  Locked out there too.  So I tried to go to my k-drive.  Collision detection failed.  I fell through the surface, into the cave below.  That wouldn't be bad....but I kept falling.  I fell until the entire map was 6000 meters away.  Great, the game would detect this and respawn me, right?  No.  I could use the "/unstuck" command and respawn, right?  No.  Tried it and is said I had been unstuck but didn't bring me back.  I could equip archwing, and just fly up.  DE only adds solidity to one side of surfaces in regular levels, so it should be the same here, right?  No.  I was a team member that could do nothing.  I couldn't quit, because the escape menu was even locked out.  The team finished the hunt, and I missed out on getting any rewards from the last eidolon.  No transmuters, shards, and no arcane.  That's a piece of content introduced in late 2017, and we're currently in 2020.

Now, let's talk Deimos.  Fallen through the world, check.  Found untextured and unfinished areas I could jump out of the map with, check.  Had animal capture targets phase through the floor and become unobtainable, check.  Sucked enemies through the terrain, and watched as their loot dropped out of the map...because, check.  This is the third open world, but the same issues as were endemic to the first have been repeated and not fixed after years.  It's literally repeating old failures constantly, and why people are frustrated.  If you're happy with that power to you.  I'm tired of the first few months of an open world being a mess, then getting to be reasonable, then returning years later to find that nothing had been fixed.  There are ancient issues repeating, and it's simply par for the course.  That's a perspective on why this matters so much.

Regarding the forma thing, I don't understand.  Not having Plague Star sucks.  That said, the forma argument isn't what I have an issue with.  I have an issue with the new event because there's nothing at all to continue to grind for.  Forma were nice, but if they slotted in Kuva, reactors, catalysts, or anything with continued appeal I'd be better.

The calculated risk here is forma.  DE now has you purchasing more of them with platinum, and they've not added anything new.  Do you not see how their actions are beneficial to their profit, and you've outlined that the community members like you will take it because they're already fine with it anyway?  It's baffling that you could make this argument, and not see that you are providing the internal logic for the profit motivation DE has to cut out the Plague Star forma rewards.

I'd love to say that I cared, but I cannot.  If you want forma as a reward back you're going to have to stop buying them with platinum.  The profit motivation here is abundantly clear, and every purchase of forma is telling DE their decision was right to simply not offer them as a reward.  Maybe instead of just venting frustration you can stop buying forma, and show DE that it's not a decision with a positive impact on their financials.  Consider me unhappy with forma disappearing, but more frustrated that people are reinforcing this decision as good to DE by giving them money.

<Insert obscure problem that only I and 3 other people care about> sTiLl IsN't FiXeD aNd YoU bEtTeR fIx It RiGhT nOw Or I'lL hAtE yOu FoReVeR!

But for real, yeah what you did with Nights of Naberus was a lazy move and then you knee-capped it by removing forma from the rewards. Plague Star was already lazy, boring and tiring enough.

5 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

kaitlin olson what GIF by NASCAR

English may not be the first language here.

Interpreting, this may be a situation where you are locked out of using any weapons.  In these cases a frame will run in a single direction, and if the camera doesn't align with this it looks like the frame is running sideways.  I'd assume the poster meant they were Mesa, got locked out, and saw the special sideways run.  This happens a lot during Eidolon fights, orb mother fights, and rapid switching between k-drives and archwing.

Alternatively, I'm open to suggestions.  It isn't the first time that I've been guilty of fat fingering while I type, and being even mildly fluent in the mess that English is deserves some attempt to understand.

Archived