Heart of Deimos: Hotfix: 29.2.4: NIGHTS OF NABERUS!

DE, I'd like to string together some interesting things and hopefully understand where exactly you are as a company from the perspective of your clients. 

Let me start with Steel Path.  It's not exactly fun.  The increased damage makes it impossible to tank, and requires invincibility cheese.  Whether this is shield gating abuse, ability spam, or other forms of invincibility it's highlighting all of the problems with the lack of difficulty in the game.  That's meaningful difficulty, not simply throwing machine gun toting bullet sponges at a player.

Now, let's talk rewards.  You said that they'd be bad, because it's linked to the base rewards for a node.  Fine.  It's all about that steel essence, and maybe the occasional riven sliver.  That would be fine....until you start doing the math.  That is to say, syndicate kill squads are immune to CC powers entirely.  Not damage mind you, CC.  You made that decision a long time ago....and these kill squads are 100% eximus units.  In the middle of a defense or mobile defense they can literally spawn on top of the objective and end the mission.  This means the potential 2% reward of essence is with the cost of immediately failing the mission.  That's something that literally can kill a run with almost no way for a player to intervene.  Not a skill check, but an RNG fail roll.

Speaking of which, let's talk about the enemies and structure.  Infested are still a joke.  Everything short of a pocket of eximus units can be easily dealt with.  The sentients are miserable bullet sponges due to the adaptation, but given low spawn numbers they are a fair challenge.  The problems come with Grineer and Corpus.  Grineer require CC or invisibility, given that even with a scaled melee weapon they are spongey.  Not challenging, simply requiring half a dozen strikes to put down.  The fun bit is of course a new discovery for me; the Grineer explosive weapons actually damage Limbo while moving in the rift, but do not damage whilst in a cataclysm bubble.  On top of the Grineer are the Corpus.  I'm beyond frustrated with the "difficulty" they bring.  It's simply spawning in large enough numbers to form a wall of bullets from everywhere and disabling abilities with a wall of nullifiers.  Either item is a challenge, but with both they basically force multiple person parties.  That's not a good enemy, so much as a frustration by virtue of cascading failures of anything but damage...CC failed to be viable because of your decisions, and this is a huge highlight of exactly why it's not viable.

Finally, let's discuss the frustration from the word go with the Steel Path.  I can start on Earth or the Kuva Fortress.  Great.  Kuva Fortress is max level, along with Lua.  I can literally do them within 5 missions of each other if I power through Earth.  I then have to slog through Mars, Ceres, Jupiter, etc... to just get back to Sedna and Pluto for the same level content.  Why?  I have to slog through enemies at levels 105-130, when I've already demonstrated that I can do all of this.  I understand this from the lazy design side, because it's literally just copying the entire system with permanent modifiers (level, health, armor, shields, etc...).  What I can't understand is any play testing over how frustrating this is.  Honestly, Defenses and Interceptions suck solo, and getting people to try and slog through this together is miserable.  Most people seem to have slogged through this, and found the few farming spots that they go back to for the one new resource worth caring about (steel essence).  This wouldn't be so bad, but after 7 whole planets completed I've earned less than 5 essence from drops...so it's not really worth my time to ever play these levels.

I realize that I've previously stated that I wouldn't engage with Steel Path, an my opinion hasn't changed.  7/19 worlds and I have 7k/27k MR bearing points.  I have less steel essence than it would take to get one of the cosmetics.  I have not had any fun, because the only build options are meta damage negaters like Octavia, Limbo, Revenant, and Loki.  This is an insulting path "for veterans," even more so when your qualification for veterans according to the Helminth is MR 8.

Now, let's talk Rivens.  The accidental pre-release is amusing.  It's amusing because there are suddenly way less nerfs than previous stuff, and you've changed upper level management.  There's a correlative link there, if not a causal one.  Setting that aside, it's interesting that the changed mostly seem negligible.  I've got frustration with one or two, because all melee is basically the only way to scale damage, but it's not terrible.

What I am having a hard time with is the Opticor and Vandal.  It seems like all of the other weapons with vandals are negligibly different in the riven department.  The Braton, Quanta, and Opticor all have 0.05 difference between their standard and Vandal variants.  That's great...until you look at the Vandal version adding a lot to two of these things, but nothing substantial to the other.  I get the minor improvements to the Opticor, but the cost was steep.  Yes it's faster....but it does way less damage.  It has slightly higher crit chance and status...but it's a one shot weapon so completely useless now that shield gating is a thing.  It's a great boomstick against the Grineer, because it's puncture focused and literally cannot be meta because during star chart runs it fails against nuke frames and on the steel path it's simply tanked by enemy armor and health pools.  Can we maybe get a review of this one?  I'd request that the Opticor base has some love shown to it if you aren't willing to tinker with both versions to homogenize them into a better place, but the truth is most single hit high damage weapons were severely compromised with shield gating.

Finally, this year has been a disappointment for events.  It opened with Plague Star, in retrospect the high point of the year.  Scarlet Spear was bad for a myriad of reasons.  Dog Days required a substantial "discount" on item costs...so there's that little admission that the game mode wasn't rewarding enough to keep player engagement for floofs.  Deimos has been...let's call it content deprived.  Now Naberus is all of the cosmetic trash of Dog Days without the reason to engage of Plague Star.  Between Arcane nerfs and the lack of anything usable on content elsewhere there's nothing to justify the Deimos grind.  

I'd like to sum this up as an entire year of sliding down hill on content.  We're still awaiting a second mech, two frames, and that's the bare minimum of what was promised around the time of Tennocon.  

I'd like to be positive.  I'd like to say early 2021 will fix this, but it's been three years.  I'll apologize when we get the ghoul saw, the dual wield nikanas, and Zephyr Deluxe.  Until then I've got to assume anything promised is a lie until I read it in the patch notes, and the patch notes are about 80% right.  Still waiting on that "assist the corpus researcher" bounty segment to either get fixed to require Une living, or official confirmation that the shield drone is more important to defend and this is intended.

• Like 9
12 hours ago, muziqaz said:

That Bat Ephemera, which you can now get after a single quick bounty, is it the same one for which some of us spent days grinding and failing to get during last year's Halloween event? If yes, then I pitty those who actually spent so much time last year to get it :D

The other thing I've noticed is I got the Bat Ephemera from the event back when it was a thing but when I look at the Bat Ephemera at Daughter it doesn't show as already owned, looks like another oversight by DE not adding the code to show players own it.

It looks the same, might have to grab it and see if it shows as twice in my inventory, if it doesn't bah was only a few mother tokens anyway.

Edited by Slayer-.
4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

The other thing I've noticed is I got the Bat Ephemera from the event back when it was a thing but when I look at the Bat Ephemera at Daughter it doesn't show as already owned, looks like another oversight by DE not adding the code to show players own it.

It looks the same, might have to grab it and see if it shows as twice in my inventory, if it doesn't bah was only a few mother tokens anyway.

It is the same.

The issue is that it is a BP.  Buy it, try to build, lists as already owned.

Bummer.  I admit to being wrong about its reuse...but that BS with it being a blueprint is pretty shady.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

It is the same.

Bummer.  I admit to being wrong about its reuse...but that BS with it being a blueprint is pretty shady.

Thanks, I hadn't got around to testing what you have done.

I thought DE would have learned by now, they had that problem with Nightwave cred items not showing crafted after building (now fixed) because of being a BP, to now follow it up with another new event and not have it set to show as crafted/owned is bad planning.

Edit:
I just looked at it now in Daugther it's showing as Crafted, I'm sure it didn't at event start. hmm

Edited by Slayer-.
typo Nightwave not Nightwatch :(
38 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I thought DE would have learned by now, they had that problem with Nightwave cred items not showing crafted after building (now fixed) because of being a BP, to now follow it up with another new event and not have it set to show as crafted/owned is bad planning.

Edit:
I just looked at it now in Daugther it's showing as Crafted, I'm sure it didn't at event start. hmm

Hmm....

I get the same now.  Must have been one of the stealth updates.

Now if only they'd stealth fix the bounty, this would only be a lackluster event and not a complete disappointment.

• Like 1
On 2020-10-16 at 5:13 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

To get everyone in the Naberus spirit, she’ll be dressing up in Morbid costume and offering exclusive, limited-time rewards available for purchase through her special Naberus-themed store in the Necralisk.

Could'nt find anywhere else to provide feedback on the event. Just want to say i love the cosmetics and the ease and simplicity it is to obtain them.

So thankyou for getting t his event almost perfect from my perspective.

Really would'nt want to see the prices of these items any higher than what they are though.

Can you please fix the controller binding issue when playing on pc for archwing
its not possible to blink or anything and rebinding doesn't work
please either fix this bug or separate the move down / blink since they are binded to the same key and neither are functional 
I've tried this with both PS4  and xbox one controllers 

since September the base skins for ash, ember,nova,vauban,wisp and varkyr have the ugly weathered look and these deluxe skin Khora Urushu,kavat Maculatia,Nidus Phryke,helminth metus skin,nova atomica,Nyx Pasithea and Titania Empress now have this dirt added to them. And i feel scammed  because these skins didn't look look like that in the first place and your changing the textures for worst after purchase. So pls DE fix it i made this post in the art and animation bugs but is just being ignored

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1226120-ugly-dirty-and-weathered-textures/

Edited by technozorro
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

If you hover over the BP in the shop it shows crafted as you loose the BP when you build it.

On 2020-10-18 at 12:27 PM, Slayer-. said:

19 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

It is the same.

19 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Edit:

19 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Hmm....

I get the same now.  Must have been one of the stealth updates.

Now if only they'd stealth fix the bounty, this would only be a lackluster event and not a complete disappointment.

37 minutes ago, FUBAR-BDHR said:

If you hover over the BP in the shop it shows crafted as you loose the BP when you build it.

What myself and @master_of_destiny were talking about was it didn't originally show as crafted when hovered over.