Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to Allow Use of A Prime Weapon's Base Skin

(PSN)II2j-ZII

18 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

swapping skins on our warframes doesn't really work that way, the added bits remain, and it's always pretty obvious that it's not the vanilla version

Perhaps you haven't played in a while, but there's been a "toggle prime details" button for some time now.

My point still stands.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)II2j-ZII said:

Thing is, we have a plethora of tennogen and in house weapon skins that are completely new models. Obviously i'm no professional but from what I've seen it is in fact, that simple.

Maybe there's something I'm not understanding

TennoGen skins don't change the body of a Warframe, it's mainly retextures besides Helmets although those don't affect the rest of the model. That's why the Prime Toggle Detail is a thing that is plausible, and why it's not the same for Prime Weapons, it's because again, they are completely new and separate models. That's what I'm getting at.

17 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

They could even have kept the sequential reload -and- the larger mag by simply having it load four shells at a time.

They didn't have to increase the mag size to much. It feels like they where trying to balance how many shells are used up for the secondary fire which ended up being 4 so they had to increase the mag size for odd reasons instead of lowering the ammo cost.

I just stick to the Superior Corinth.

(I don't like magazine reloading cause most games only count them fully reloaded at the very end of the whole reloading sequence which ends when you press the stock to your arm most of the time. If you're interrupted a moment before that happens suddenly the weapon is empty. And that happens a lot when games have a lot of knockdowns and stagger. Sequential reloading will be superior until they can come up with a better magazine reloading mechanic.)

12 hours ago, Scruffel said:

TennoGen skins don't change the body of a Warframe, it's mainly retextures besides Helmets although those don't affect the rest of the model. That's why the Prime Toggle Detail is a thing that is plausible, and why it's not the same for Prime Weapons, it's because again, they are completely new and separate models. That's what I'm getting at.

They arent talking about tennogen skins for warframes, dude. They're saying there are skins for WEAPONS that completely change the model.

If you can apply Mesa Deluxe's pistol skin to *ANY* pistol already, theres no reason you shouldnt be able to, say, apply a normal Vasto skin to Vasto Prime.

On 2020-10-25 at 3:22 PM, Scruffel said:

Ok, deluxe skins change the base model.  Universal weapon skins change the base model.

We can already change the base model, DE just has to commit resources to making this happen.  The ability to do this is already in game in the form of deluxe and universal skins.  The skins I posted? I can apply those to Kitguns.  That 100% changes the model of the weapon when I apply the skin.

On 2020-10-26 at 5:25 AM, (PS4)II2j-ZII said:

Thing is, we have a plethora of tennogen and in house weapon skins that are completely new models. Obviously i'm no professional but from what I've seen it is in fact, that simple.

Maybe there's something I'm not understanding

No, that person is just refusing to be wrong, and is trying desperately to repeat their original argument over and over again until someone relents and agrees with them.

21 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Ok, deluxe skins change the base model.  Universal weapon skins change the base model.

We can already change the base model, DE just has to commit resources to making this happen.  The ability to do this is already in game in the form of deluxe and universal skins.  The skins I posted? I can apply those to Kitguns.  That 100% changes the model of the weapon when I apply the skin.

Yes, I know these things. But again, I’ve been explaining why Prime Warframes have the option but Prime Weapons don’t, even from my original reply that was in response to the exact question. I never said they can’t or shouldn’t add it. 

15 minutes ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

No, that person is just refusing to be wrong, and is trying desperately to repeat their original argument over and over again until someone relents and agrees with them.

I’m not even trying to argue. I’ve just been explaining how it’s currently done for Prime Warframes and how it would possibly be implemented for weapons. 

Archived