Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE? Frost and Subsuming...

MINDL3SSVIOLNC3

Now that we have subsuming and it is an issue...can we please make it where you can just hold Frost's 3rd skill (Snow Globe) to pop it instead of relying on having the 1st skill (Freeze) to pop it? I think a 2-3 second hold would be plenty to avoid accidental popping.

Please consider this. Thank you very much.

30 minutes ago, MINDL3SSVIOLNC3 said:

Now that we have subsuming and it is an issue...can we please make it where you can just hold Frost's 3rd skill (Snow Globe) to pop it instead of relying on having the 1st skill (Freeze) to pop it? I think a 2-3 second hold would be plenty to avoid accidental popping.

Please consider this. Thank you very much.

100% agree.

Oh, is that how you pop them?  I swear I remember reading the abilities in game and seeing that you can remove globes, but it was never specified in game how to do it.  This might explain why when I used to play on Public more I'd see people leaving random globes everywhere in certain types of defense missions that were doing nothing more than interfering with everyone's shooting.  Perhaps they weren't trolling, but rather just didn't know how to get rid of their globes.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Lollybomb said:

Oh, is that how you pop them?  I swear I remember reading the abilities in game and seeing that you can remove globes, but it was never specified in game how to do it.  This might explain why when I used to play on Public more I'd see people leaving random globes everywhere in certain types of defense missions that were doing nothing more than interfering with everyone's shooting.  Perhaps they weren't trolling, but rather just didn't know how to get rid of their globes.

Yup that's how you pop em.

As for OP's suggestion, what if you had multiple globes and were in between both. Would you then end up cancelling both?

This is for the case where Frost has reduced range and end up putting the globe too far from defense target. Sometime they try to just add a second globe at the right position.

35 minutes ago, Zzz-Somnus-zzZ said:

As for OP's suggestion, what if you had multiple globes and were in between both. Would you then end up cancelling both?

This is for the case where Frost has reduced range and end up putting the globe too far from defense target. Sometime they try to just add a second globe at the right position.

Could give it a crosshair requirement, which is essentially what the current popping method requires too.

1 hour ago, Zzz-Somnus-zzZ said:

44 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Could give it a crosshair requirement, which is essentially what the current popping method requires too.

Thats exactly what I thought when I read it too!

1 hour ago, ReddyDisco said:

maybe hold could transform the globe to a personalized globe that follows frost around, similar to arctic eximus but as not big so it isn't disruptive to teammates

31 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Sounds like an Augment.

Also what I thought at first. But what if instead of a bubble that follows you it turned into an icy coat on Frost that continued to absorb say like 25% of the globes remaining health of damage. Kind of in a similar fashion to how the Icy Avalanche works except only applies to Frost and could have a slowing "cold" aura within like 5-10 meters.

37 minutes ago, MINDL3SSVIOLNC3 said:

Also what I thought at first. But what if instead of a bubble that follows you it turned into an icy coat on Frost that continued to absorb say like 25% of the globes remaining health of damage. Kind of in a similar fashion to how the Icy Avalanche works except only applies to Frost and could have a slowing "cold" aura within like 5-10 meters.

I suggested this same thing couple months ago. 

At this point we already need a proper rework for frost. He's one of the oldest warframes, and in the current state of the game, frost doesn't shine as much as he did back then. 

I like the idea of having more defense fir frost, would give meaning to how he was called before: the ice tank.

1 hour ago, Yakhul said:

I suggested this same thing couple months ago. 

At this point we already need a proper rework for frost. He's one of the oldest warframes, and in the current state of the game, frost doesn't shine as much as he did back then. 

I like the idea of having more defense fir frost, would give meaning to how he was called before: the ice tank.

I actually watched a Brozime video earlier today. He pretty much nailed it imo. Not so much as Frost needs a rework as COLD DAMAGE in general needs a rework. Its the least effective element and it doesnt really do much without a lot of extra work put into it. But I agree with you in that he needs to be more of a tank. I guess a subsumed elemental ward with cold colors would kind of be doing what we are talking about and fit themeatically but that kind of defeats the purpose if you HAVE to subsume it to him.

Archived