Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friend Banned Falsely

SageofSouls

Question

So I've tried contacting DE directly about this multiple times, along with my friend and here's basically what's happened:

My friend got banned one day for "cheating", despite the fact that he was near max level, had more resources that he'd ever need, had almost every item in-game (save for the Founder's stuff), and had absolutely no reason to need or want to cheat in the game at all.

He logged in one day when the Sentient Invasion event was going on and he and I were going to do the event some and he wanted to check some things first and hit up the Simulacrum real quick. He was on for a good hour or so setting up a build and checking on things in the Foundry and what-not, then, when he went to the Simulacrum, he found he was unable to summon anything. So he tried relogging and when he went to log back in, it said he was banned until January 1, (whatever impossible year it shows you're banned until--2135 or something like that).

So he contacted DE support and was told that he was in fact "cheating", but they showed him no evidence. He tried to appeal it and they further increased his punishment to say that he was no longer welcome back in Warframe, period. They said, "any account associated with you will also be banned". Further attempts to appeal and gain information about the situation were met with similar results. It should also be noted that it was the same exact person that kept responding to his tickets, which were made over the course of a couple of weeks, which is something I've never seen from DE before, as I've made about four or five tickets, myself, and ever response I got on each of those tickets for each post I made on them came from a different person, which I know is standard for most companies, anyway. This, to me, seemed a little suspicious. However, my own attempts at trying to get his case re-examined were met with resistance and it got to the point where I was threatened to have my ability to contact support at all removed. At that point, I stopped because I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere.

This was several months ago and I talked again with him recently because he was missing Warframe and I've gotten riled up again.

So please tell me what opportunity he had to cheat or what reason he would have to cheat based on him pretty much already having everything in-game. Or, if it's the case that he's been cheating the whole time, how he has over 2,000 hours of in-game time and this is only the first time he's ever been caught "cheating".

So if any of you have any idea of what can be done at this point, or if it's just a hopeless endeavor because DE won't even give this incident a second thought and just let their automated system do whatever the heck it wants, please let me know.

Thank you.

Edit: Also, I have screenshots I can share of both his and my tickets if anyone wants to go with the old "pics or it didn't happen" route.

11 answers to this question

step 1. cheat

step 2. get caught and banned

step 3. wait several months for everyone to forget and logs to get purged and complain "why was I banned for no reason pls reinstate me".

This reminds me of the other forum post where someone complained about a chat ban and was replied to by Rebecca that she would be looking into their account for the "disgusting things you said" that (so conveniently) were not shown by the complainant on the post.

Personally, I've had nothing but positive experiences with support regarding a wide array of issues I've faced.  However, a ban is not one of them.  I've heard that depending on who banned him or her, it may never be lifted.  Some mods are more harsh than others, and it's kinda a luck of the draw.  Us on the forums can't see if he's cheated or not, and I doubt he'd be banned for no reason only to have the in game mods double down on that ban.

You also didn't say what he was banned for.  Glitching?  Buying platinum for cash from other members?  Using WeMod or Cheat Engine unknowingly while Warframe is running?  You have to narrow it down a bit if we're going to be able to give you any form of meaningful reply.

29 minutes ago, Krueller said:

Personally, I've had nothing but positive experiences with support regarding a wide array of issues I've faced.  However, a ban is not one of them.  I've heard that depending on who banned him or her, it may never be lifted.  Some mods are more harsh than others, and it's kinda a luck of the draw.  Us on the forums can't see if he's cheated or not, and I doubt he'd be banned for no reason only to have the in game mods double down on that ban.

You also didn't say what he was banned for.  Glitching?  Buying platinum for cash from other members?  Using WeMod or Cheat Engine unknowingly while Warframe is running?  You have to narrow it down a bit if we're going to be able to give you any form of meaningful reply.

1. Thank you for giving a legitimate response.

2. That's just it--they didn't tell him what he did that was "cheating". Like I said, they gave no evidence, no information, no nothing. All that he got from the mod was that he "cheated". We both tried to get more information about it, but no one would give us anything. Coming to the forums is sort of my last resort, as I was fully expecting responses like the first three that I got on this post. I tend to avoid public forums because people tend to be less than unhelpful, but I really have no other alternative. I said exactly what occurred. He logged in, I asked him if he wanted to join me in Railjack missions for the Sentient Invasion event, he said that he wanted to check some things and prepare a loadout, he was in his ship for about an hour, some of which I think he was AFK, then he said he was going to go to the Simulacrum to test damage, and he found he was unable to summon anything. He relogged, and he was banned until the standard date that a permaban goes until. He never went into any mission other than the Simulacrum, as he never got the chance. He already had everything he could want. He loves the game and has over 2k hours logged. He even sent them a list of everything that was running at the time. I don't know what else to tell you.

Typical game companies wont tell you how they caught you cheating, just that you did. So the cheater can not adapt with a new system of cheating. Harassing support with multiple tickets and or language will also get you cut off completely no matter what the initial problem was.

People in the wrong will also avoid telling the whole story and there is no way to verify the complaint in the court of public opinion that cant do anything for them anyway. Its a complaint for complaints sake and will not last long on their home forums.

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

Typical game companies wont tell you how they caught you cheating, just that you did. So the cheater can not adapt with a new system of cheating. Harassing support with multiple tickets and or language will also get you cut off completely no matter what the initial problem was.

People in the wrong will also avoid telling the whole story and there is no way to verify the complaint in the court of public opinion that cant do anything for them anyway. Its a complaint for complaints sake and will not last long on their home forums.

Typical game companies also have a history of having false positives and not admitting fault when someone's banned because of one, and I'm believing this is a false positive. It does happen, whether fans of a game or company want to believe it or not. I understand not wanting to give cheaters the ability to adapt their techniques, but the majority of people who see these posts just want to jump to the conclusion that the player was in fact in the wrong, rather than actually believing that just maybe something else happened. It's a mindset I hate and is another one of the main reasons I avoid public forums. Again, though, I'm out of options.

2 hours ago, SageofSouls said:

However, my own attempts at trying to get his case re-examined were met with resistance and it got to the point where I was threatened to have my ability to contact support at all removed. At that point, I stopped because I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere.

Matters of this kind are a personal matter between the person affected and support.  You should not be at all surprised that support will not discuss it with you, nor should they.

Just now, (XBOX)R3d P01nt said:

Matters of this kind are a personal matter between the person affected and support.  You should not be at all surprised that support will not discuss it with you, nor should they.

You're right, but there's also evidence of when you have other people supporting your attempts to overturn something like this, you're more likely to be successful, so sitting idly by may do more harm than good.

32 minutes ago, SageofSouls said:

You're right, but there's also evidence of when you have other people supporting your attempts to overturn something like this, you're more likely to be successful, so sitting idly by may do more harm than good.

Supporting them if your friend posts on the forums or reddit or whatever, sure. Bombaring CS with tickets will only do harm to both of you.

Just now, Leyvonne said:

Supporting them if your friend posts on the forums or reddit or whatever, sure. Bombaring CS with tickets will only do harm to both of you.

Unfortunately, much like me, almost all of my friends, real life and gaming, prefer to NOT use public forums for similar reasons such as myself. So that leaves me with me having to be the one to make the post.

Archived