Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE should add a new "Ability effects" customisation option for Primes and Deluxe skins.

TheGodofWiFi

Personally, I find it really limiting customisation-wise that the visual look of some Warframes powers are tied to what skin they currently equip. IMO there should be a separate "Power effects" customisation tab that allows you to customise how your powers look without forcing you to use a different skin. A good example of this would be Nezha Prime and Hydroid Prime. In the formers case, the energy Spears of the normal Nezha are replaced with Guandao Prime spears and in the latter's case, his water tentacles are replaced by quite frankly poorly textured physical tentacles (this also counts for his deluxe skin as well). It reminds me of the system when Arcanes were tied with Syandanas and helmets. Normal Oberon's grass effect is also much cooler than the Prime's weird fern things.

In order to get the standard visuals of the powers back, we are forced to use a different skin, regardless if you like the Prime/Deluxe skin or not and want to use the non-prime/non-deluxe power visuals with them. If DE want to change the look of some powers for Primes or deluxe skins, we should be able to have the option to change it if we don't like it IMO. This allows us to pick and choose which power visuals we prefer on any skin we want.

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i agree. Water tentacles are 10x cooler IMO. I also prefer grass over shrubbery for Oberon prime (although i still think pre-rework radiation carpet was best). 

I completely forgot about ol' Cow Prime. Yea the normal Oberon's grass effect looks so much cooler IMO.

Its a real shame that DE have tied these effects to skins rather than having a separate tab for them, since it lowers the overall choice with customisation. 

Being able to do stuff like remove those silly / ugly spikes from Frost Prime's Ice Wave would certainly be neat.

And I'd indeed welcome general options for further visual (and also sound?) customization,
not least so I can tone down certain abilities that might be irritating while leaving others still nicely visible.

On a related /note, I continue hoping to one day be allowed to use regular Regulators (aka the OG finger guns) on my Mesa Prime.

Archived