Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who even decides the drop rate and amount required for dojo pigments?

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

Do they play the game?  Have they ever?  I've been running high level Cetus bounties for hours and I've got maybe 30 Devar Gray pigment from Tusk Mortar Bombards.  I have a goddamn booster on.  30.  Running for hours.

I need 400 of this.

On top of that, Cetus Bounties are still awful.  My cat kills enemies while I'm capping a target, so no bonus.  Enemies spawned nearly 200m away from where I am and in about 6 seconds my "control" of an area went from 100% to 49%.  For like 4 enemies that were standing around the near the perimeter of the control area.  No bonus.  They're spread out, incoherent, tedious, and boring.  And they're the only reliable way to get Tusk Mortar Bombards to spawn, and I only get pigment from about 10% of the ones I kill.

A rare enemy type that only appears in a single location and you have it dropping 5 at a time with a very low drop chance and I need FOUR HUNDRED?  And I have to run these godforsaken bounties just for the damn things to spawn?  I tried running just free roam for Bombards and I spent 45 minutes in the north end of the map, bouncing from camp to camp in Ivara and I had maybe 4 Mortar Bombards spawn and I walked away with 10 pigment.  So one dropped pigment.  45 minutes.

Why are you like this?  Why do you think the game will die if you let people actually have things without beating their goddamn head against a wall for it?  Grind is one thing.  This is not grind.  This is you disrespecting player time, which seems to be the only thing you're good at these days. 

51 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

There is no balance between the pigments but I dont think they were supposed to be farmed by a single person.

It's a clan resource after all.

The idea of farming 400 rare pigments in an inactive private clan of friends, all on my own, is giving me flashbacks of doing the same thing farming for Mutagen Samples to research the Hema.

clans are supposed to be maintained by many players but most clans today don't, that's why there are lots of ghost clans like mine when you have and old active clan with now only 1 or 2 active players or solo players that make a clan of their own but doing that farm solo its pretty heavy, I suggest you to look for people ingame that's interested into joining yours.

i run a solo ghost clan, yea some are weird like common enemies will drop more resource while rare one will drop like 5-10, which should be opposite.  it would be hard for higher tier of clan but for ghost it's alright. so in short one player farm is manageable. reduce your clan tier if it's not working for you, why carry dead weights? 

Noticed today that the MR30 Resource Dropchance Booster seems to work differently on pigments. At the moment I'm getting 25 on every drop for the Memoriam Purple Pigment. Base drop is 10 so I should be getting 20 with a Resource Booster, not complaining though, every little thing helps.

Archived