The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best way to farm Void Traces?

MicrowaveLettuce

Question

12 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, biwo20 said:

but I would like to know the best way to get void traces.

There is no other way besides running fissure missions, so obviously more missions equals more traces.  Fast missions are what you want... captures, rescues, etc.  Also buy a resource doubling booster (30 days for 200p is a pretty good deal) and use your smeeta kavat.

Also, NEVER run a fissure solo and without a relic.  Not getting to choose the best of 4 rewards is just dumb.  You'll get all sorts of good stuff that you either need or can sell to pay for the booster.

Relic missions that you can Map wipe or just blast through (capture, exterminate), either by using a map wipe frame like Volt, Mirage clones with an ignis.

It's efficient if you can get through in under 2 minutes, run it solo, so you don't have to wait for anyone.

1 minute ago, McCIoud said:

Relic missions that you can Map wipe or just blast through (capture, exterminate), either by using a map wipe frame like Volt, Mirage clones with an ignis.

It's efficient if you can get through in under 2 minutes, run it solo, so you don't have to wait for anyone.

Alright, but does bringing no relic make it go faster? Because I'm sometimes told to bring no relic, or can you just bring a relic that has garbage in it?

1 minute ago, (PSN)Agent_CHAR said:

There is no other way besides running fissure missions, so obviously more missions equals more traces.  Fast missions are what you want... captures, rescues, etc.  Also buy a resource doubling booster (30 days for 200p is a pretty good deal) and use your smeeta kavat.

Also, NEVER run a fissure solo and without a relic.  Not getting to choose the best of 4 rewards is just dumb.  You'll get all sorts of good stuff that you either need or can sell to pay for the booster.

Alright, I think this is a good answer, thank you!

7 hours ago, biwo20 said:

Alright, but does bringing no relic make it go faster? Because I'm sometimes told to bring no relic, or can you just bring a relic that has garbage in it?

when i sign into my pleb account ill have to run without relics sometimes since i have so few of a certain type. on my main i have 100's if not 1000's so may as well farm p junk at the same time but my newer account can't afford not to run radshare 4/4

Take the Smeeta Kavat with the Charm mod with you. It's not guaranteed but sometimes it will give you a resource boost, and they stack. At least I haven't found out anything better to do with the companion (with regards to resource farming, including traces).

Also, the resource boosters you get from continuous relic missions also stack up with others. However, to benefit from those you need to do very, very long void relic runs (like 10-20+ relics or so / mission), and especially in public people might not be prepared to do so. I'm still not sure if it is worthwhile compared to doing short missions (maybe someone has done the math; it might be worthwhile only if one wants to go straight from 0->800 traces or so).

Take the Smeeta Kavat with the Charm mod with you. It's not guaranteed but sometimes it will give you a resource boost, and they stack. At least I haven't found out anything better to do with the companion (with regards to resource farming, including traces).

This is the best way to get void traces in bulk. There is an old trick you can do as well where if you don't have the buff when picking up the last(10th) reactant, simply WAIT until close to near the end of the round/time and sometimes magically the buff appears right at the end. However the opposite of this is also true, that if you have the buff for 120 seconds you want to try to close out your reactant within that time frame. You can sometimes get a whopping 250 void traces this way from a 5 minute/5 wave run.

Archived